Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Writer's Corner

Writer's Corner The pen is mightier than the sword. Post your writings or poetry. Also discuss your favorite authors or books.

Old 09-28-2004   #1
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
This is in the works.

[1]you ready for a head change?
dont play this game.
well you have to.
born into it for life.
give up life.
in fact give it to me
if you cant see
what should be
the simplest of all things
created for all and me.
Beauty.
[2]
[3]Now just chill.
Relax.
Smile more often
You cant believe you're alive.

-------------------------------------------------
aight, so i figure this shit is going to be at least 3 stanzas. problem is, i only have half.
now i'm not looking for any of you to finish it. I just need an idea to go after [1].

this piece is really the only piece i've written in months.. i dont know why, but i've stopped writing. and everytime i try to write, there's nothing for me.
writersblock? fucked if i know..

anyways, help is very appreciated. any idea = a good one. what do you thinK?

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #2
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute
Re: This is in the works.

Is it a song?
Old 09-29-2004   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

no.
just read it straight thru th efirst time.
doesnt it feel as if there should be another something there?

i mean it fits a complete thought to me, but i feel there should be something else after to ...fuckin...for lack of a better word, prove what im' thinking.

though i would not call it a poem either. think im heading into just writing rhymes and lines. ya knwo?

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 09-30-2004   #4
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute

what are you writing about?
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004   #5
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

haha.

i guess how people can't really be themselves. ya know? in a way.
They act as if life really is that hard. It isn't. It just isn't fair in how it decides to work. Then people get mad. They say forget it, and they move on thru their life. I guess i'm looking for happiness. I see it everyday being destroyed.
What's beauty to you? Wouldn't that contribute to you being happy?

Nature to me, is th emost beautiful. It doesn't ever fuck up. It just is and that's it.
I think it's lovely.

Guess i'm learning how to deal with the rest of my life.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 09-30-2004   #6
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

It's poetry? I think you need to decide whether to rhyme or not. Becuase right now it sounds like you can't decide. Even though that can be powerful in some cases you need to refine it so it doesn't sound accidental.
Old 10-01-2004   #7
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo2
haha.

i guess how people can't really be themselves. ya know? in a way.
They act as if life really is that hard. It isn't. It just isn't fair in how it decides to work. Then people get mad. They say forget it, and they move on thru their life. I guess i'm looking for happiness. I see it everyday being destroyed.
What's beauty to you? Wouldn't that contribute to you being happy?

Nature to me, is th emost beautiful. It doesn't ever fuck up. It just is and that's it.
I think it's lovely.

Guess i'm learning how to deal with the rest of my life.
scrap the poem.

use that.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004   #8
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

thanks anyways.

but watch.
i got it.

just give me a couple more days

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 10-01-2004   #9
moocow44
Procrastination Street.

moocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to all

go with it dude, if you are confident in it...work it out.

Fuck Your Scene.

http://www.myspace.com/arikakaosa
Spread The Word
moocow44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004   #10
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

You ready for a head change?
Don't play this game.
Well you have to
Born into it for life
Give up life.
In fact give it to me
If you can't see
What should be
The simplest of all things
Created for all and me.
Beauty.

One literally with nature.
Don't hate you
You somehow care.
It's the order of things
Or is it,
How do you make things?
However you want things
Whatever is everything
I like nothing.
Crazy?
I said it was the order of things
To be one with nature.
Loving all that's around you
With no extra cost
But only the loss
Of your own life.
And that's okay.

[3]

Now just chill.
Relax.
Smile more often
You cant believe you're alive.

::Still not done.::

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 10-19-2004   #11
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55

really nice job! i liked this part:
"To be one with nature.
Loving all that's around you
With no extra cost
But only the loss
Of your own life."

yeah, haha, again, great job!

RubberDucky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004   #12
superchicken002
Elite Member

superchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to superchicken002 Send a message via MSN to superchicken002 Send a message via Yahoo to superchicken002

I love it Matt..

This is what I was talking about.. the more you expand it.. the more amazing it will be. If you choose to read it in that form, ya know? Keep writing on it. It's good.
Old 10-20-2004   #13
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

i actually wrote those pieces way before you mentioned slam poetry.

i knew somewhere out there they were doing the same thing! lol nah.

but it's wierd how i had it goin, and then i hear about it. good to work on now. a new style i can appreciate. not that i dont about writing..*kali*

jk.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina