Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 01-30-2004   #1
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Super Bowl XXXVIII - Predict the score

Yesterday I was reminded there was going to be a certain big football game this Sunday.

Everyone predict the scores and the person with the closest prediction will win...something. Also is there any guesses on who will be the "secret performer" during the halftime show? At least we can be confident whoever it is will have more talent than Kid Rock, Nelly, and "P. Diddy" combined. Here's an interesting factoid for everyone who thinks New England will win:

Quote:
Originally Said by cnn
The Carolina Panthers will take every edge they can get, even purely coincidental trends. Like winning a video game. An annual competition between two Super Bowl participants playing 989 Sports' NFL game on a PlayStation 2 has become a perfectly reliable predictor of the real game: All eight winners have gone on to claim the Lombardi Trophy the following Sunday.
As for me, I will probably pay more attention to the commercials.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Last edited by Weasel; 01-30-2004 at 07:39 AM.
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004   #2
Weasel

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Edit: gah, OK I give into the hype:

New England - 30
Panthers - 10

Also, predictions after 10 minutes to kickoff won't count, so we can see the edit messages.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Last edited by Weasel; 02-01-2004 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-30-2004   #3
JT11

JT11 should be rewarded
Re: Super Bowl XXXVIII - Predict the score

Carolina 16 New England 13
JT11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004   #4
rich101682

rich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by all
Send a message via AIM to rich101682
Re: Super Bowl XXXVIII - Predict The Score

New England 24, Carolina 13.
Old 01-30-2004   #5
Daniel
Well Known Member

Daniel is just really niceDaniel is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Daniel

Carolina 19, New England 16

JT11 picked the score I wanted, which it will most likely be, damnit.

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004   #6
JT11

JT11 should be rewarded

Sorry dude!
Quote:
Originally Said by Daniel
Carolina 19, New England 16

JT11 picked the score I wanted, which it will most likely be, damnit.
JT11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004   #7
jayhay0
Old & Wise Member

jayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to jayhay0

Pats - 24
Panthers - 17
Old 01-30-2004   #8
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

GO PATS!!

24-10

and the halftime preformer will be Hobo Bob and his trio of squirrly sock puppets preforming hamlet.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004   #9
Weasel

Quote:
Originally Said by poopy
and the halftime preformer will be Hobo Bob and his trio of squirrly sock puppets preforming hamlet.
I still stand by my statement concerning distribution of talent.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 01-30-2004   #10
mike
Old & Wise Member

mike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to mike Send a message via AIM to mike Send a message via MSN to mike Send a message via Yahoo to mike

I hope some good band from back in the day comes and tears it up. That would be cool.
Old 01-30-2004   #11
Weasel

Quote:
Originally Said by mike
I hope some good band from back in the day comes and tears it up. That would be cool.
No, it will be some no-talent-teen-clique rapper like 50 cent probably. I hope I'm wrong.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 01-30-2004   #12
jyotishi

jyotishi will become famous soon enough

carolina 19
new england 15

and weasel is right.., since MTV is producing this wait for anything in the teen-crap category.. Britney may be..
jyotishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004   #13
mike
Old & Wise Member

mike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to mike Send a message via AIM to mike Send a message via MSN to mike Send a message via Yahoo to mike

Fuck MTV. I'm tired of everything on that channel, except for viva la bam, and the new tom green show which got canceled.
Old 01-31-2004   #14
Quig

Quig has made a few great posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Quig

New England Patriots 35
Carolina Panthers 3

Patriots Defense will come up BIG. The Pats are clicking right now.

Quig

BTW, the special guest IMO will be............... U2.

If the NFL and MTV trot out the pedophile, "I'll be pissed" ( I hope someone will throw soda cans filled with Jesus juice at him.)
Quig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004   #15
Weasel

But U2 already did a super bowl halftime show two years ago.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 01-31-2004   #16
mike
Old & Wise Member

Quote:
Originally Said by Quig
If the NFL and MTV trot out the pedophile, "I'll be pissed" ( I hope someone will throw soda cans filled with Jesus juice at him.)
Haha. Maybe not him, but his ex wife...

New York (Dec. 18, 2003) -- MTV: Music Television, the NFL, and CBS Sports announced that mega-superstar Janet Jackson will be the featured performer during the AOL Super Bowl XXXVIII Halftime Show. Superbowl XXXVIII will be held on Feb. 1, 2004 at Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas, and will air on CBS. The NFL selected MTV: Music Television to produce the AOL halftime show . CBS and MTV are both owned by Viacom Inc.

http://www.superbowl.com/entertainment/story/6935403
Old 01-31-2004   #17
Jagged
Live, Love, Laugh.

Jagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jagged

i dont watch foot ball Much but lol im gonna take a guess any way. Hehe I Want The Panthers to win! w00t. Umm Score.......Panthers-12 patriots-9.. The singer Might be Beyonce. Lmao.Oops Feels Dumb.

Last edited by Jagged; 01-31-2004 at 03:26 PM.
Jagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004   #18
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

Quote:
Originally Said by Jagged
i dont watch foot ball Much but lol im gonna take a guess any way. Hehe I Want The Panthers to win! w00t. Umm Score.......Panthers-12 Carolina-9.. The singer Might be Beyonce. Lmao.
so the panthers are going to beat themselves?
Old 01-31-2004   #19
Weasel

lmao, its carolina panthers vs. new england patriots.

BTW, the NFL legal team is disallowing anyone to print or say and of these words and phrases:

* Super Bowl
* NFL
* Panthers
* Patriots

The PDF suggests bleeping ***** **** out and using "the big game" instead.

Also CBS is refusing to play the winner of the Bush In 30 Seconds commercial winner but not whitehouse ads linking marijuana users to terrorists.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 01-31-2004   #20
Dammmmn

1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute

Bears 203
Pats/Panthers -42
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote