Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Newbie Hangout

Newbie Hangout Your seemingly-mandatory "Hi! I'm a new member!" thread here.

Old 03-06-2008   #1
Trapkat

Trapkat will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Trapkat
Yeah I'm your newest friend love it!

Trapkat has been sent from the empire to befriend and conquer your board. Prepare for befriendification and huggles. You can not escape.
Trapkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #2
Pharm
Deutschland

Pharm is a name known to allPharm is a name known to allPharm is a name known to allPharm is a name known to allPharm is a name known to allPharm is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Pharm Send a message via Yahoo to Pharm
Re: Yeah I'm your newest friend love it!

Welcome and please be gentle

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

ACLU:America's Communist Lobbying Union!
CNN:Communist News Network!
Kick The U.N. Out of America, Send them to France!
Pharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #3
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Trapkat View Post
Yeah I'm your newest friend
No. You're not.

'Huggle' me, and I will rip your arms and face off.

Quote:
You can not escape.
Watch me.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #4
CrunchBite
explosions are half all the fun

CrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divineCrunchBite is divine

Er... welcome... I think?
CrunchBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #5
Laughing Man X2
The cool guy.

Laughing Man X2 is a jewel in the roughLaughing Man X2 is a jewel in the roughLaughing Man X2 is a jewel in the rough

That's quite a welcoming committee! Befriendification? (Firefox tells me that's not a real word...) As far as escape goes... that depends on how you do here. As long as you can display intelligence, reasoning, and proper spelling and grammar (that is sooo the rage around here) you should be fine! Welcome to AS!
* If you are not to my liking, I always keep a spare escape pod just in case*

Since you started this, let's here a bit about yourself.

- borrowed from The Art of War with a little twist on top ^_^

Here's something a tad less smart:

" If I had a dollar for every brain you didn't have, I would have one dollar..."

I'm on MySpace: Myspace.com/xfinalhydrax
Laughing Man X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #6
Trapkat

Well, unfortunately I am stuck living in the Southern US. I'm a pre-op transgender slowly planning my daring escape from 'Hicksville,USA', but to my chagrin there is the little matter of being unemployed. I am also a an avid gamer, mainly roleplaying and fighting games, but I have some modest skills at shooting games. I do believe that i can for the most part meet the grammar and spelling trend here.

Also if anyone wants no hugging action then run very fast. I like hugging people, animals, some trees, and the mail person whenever they actually stop in to talk(very rare).
Old 03-06-2008   #7
Laughing Man X2
The cool guy.

Laughing Man X2 is a jewel in the roughLaughing Man X2 is a jewel in the roughLaughing Man X2 is a jewel in the rough

Hugs? What's a hug?

Fighting games huh? Which do you play (or prefer): Soul Caliber, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Smash Bros., etc.?)

Just to warn you, edit your post quickly (before the mob takes you away to burn you at the stake...)

You're okay in my book! When you do "escape", what part of the world will you escape to?

- borrowed from The Art of War with a little twist on top ^_^

Here's something a tad less smart:

" If I had a dollar for every brain you didn't have, I would have one dollar..."

I'm on MySpace: Myspace.com/xfinalhydrax
Laughing Man X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #8
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

she seems cool. but i don't like hugs from strangers. and ha ha ha kali, that's great. p.s., when did you start capitalizing your words again?
Old 03-06-2008   #9
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute

I've spent a lot of the last few months writing formal letters, emails, applications, proposals, etc so it became a habit again I suppose.

(It's worked though - I got into law school and got a vacation placement with the firm I want to work for. Yay me!)
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #10
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

wow! yay you indeed! congratulations!
Old 03-06-2008   #11
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Sméagol: HI, NEWCOMER, HELLO! What's your--(Slaps self.)
Gollum: QUIET! Can'ts you sees? It wants to "huggles" us! EEEEEue!
Sméagol: But we likes huggles, precious! Don't we?
Gollum: No. We don't likes "huggles." Or Anime. (Gollum, Gollum).
Sméagol: Eeee! (Starts running to the newcomer for a huggle against own will, then turns round and throws self into a wall.)
Gollum: (Pants, wide-eyed.) NO huggles, precious.

So yes.

Welcome to AS, Trapkat!

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 03-06-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #12
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth

Quote:
Originally Said by Trapkat View Post
Well, unfortunately I am stuck living in the Southern US. I'm a pre-op transgender slowly planning my daring escape from 'Hicksville,USA', but to my chagrin there is the little matter of being unemployed. I am also a an avid gamer, mainly roleplaying and fighting games, but I have some modest skills at shooting games. I do believe that i can for the most part meet the grammar and spelling trend here.

Also if anyone wants no hugging action then run very fast. I like hugging people, animals, some trees, and the mail person whenever they actually stop in to talk(very rare).
Pre-Op as in you're currently a woman, or you will become a woman, it's quite confusing because of your gender icon. Other than that ~WELCOME~

Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #13
Isis
Well Known Member

Isis is a splendid one to beholdIsis is a splendid one to beholdIsis is a splendid one to beholdIsis is a splendid one to beholdIsis is a splendid one to beholdIsis is a splendid one to beholdIsis is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Said by Orgoth View Post
Pre-Op as in you're currently a woman, or you will become a woman, it's quite confusing because of your gender icon. Other than that ~WELCOME~
Its a female gender icon, so Im going with shes a girl right now, and will be male soon.

(But you may have to answer this yourdesf...)
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #14
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth

Like I said it confuses me, maybe "he" believes "he's" a "she" and the surgery just hasn't occurred yet.

Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #15
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

oh gosh guys. ok, what is transgender? or transexual?

transgender is you feel the opposite gender than you are physically.

transexual is you have changed your physical characterists to correlate to your internal gender.

she's pre-op. that's preoperational. postop is post operational. transexual is post op.

some trans females only have breast implants, while others go all the way and get vaginoplasty. some transmales have their female breasts removed and might go as far as to have penis reconstruction.

ok, so our new friend is pre-op transfemale. she might or might not be taking hormones or have breast implants.
Old 03-06-2008   #16
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

Quote:
Originally Said by Orgoth View Post
Like I said it confuses me, maybe "he" believes "he's" a "she" and the surgery just hasn't occurred yet.

no no no. it's not whether they believe or not. it's something they know. read up on the hormone studies and the correlation to those of the gender they feel they are and the sex that's observable.

it's not a mental disorder like they thought homosexuality was.

sex, gender, and all that aren't just black and white.

you've got gays, bis, polys, asexuals, pansexuals, transexuals, transgender, transbifem, translesfem, butch, twink, bear, transbimale, transfemmales, men who turn into women and like women, men who turn into women and date men.

it's all really interesting.
Old 03-06-2008   #17
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Gender ambiguities aside (not your orientation, I mean the way you stated it), welcome to AS!

*attack huggles* A good offense is the best defense, right?

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #18
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by jackthepanda View Post
no no no. it's not whether they believe or not. it's something they know. read up on the hormone studies and the correlation to those of the gender they feel they are and the sex that's observable.

it's not a mental disorder like they thought homosexuality was.

sex, gender, and all that aren't just black and white.

you've got gays, bis, polys, asexuals, pansexuals, transexuals, transgender, transbifem, translesfem, butch, twink, bear, transbimale, transfemmales, men who turn into women and like women, men who turn into women and date men.

it's all really interesting.
A good example of this is Ivan E. Coyote.
I wrote my thread about her the way I did because of her gender orientation.
If you have ever read her books, you know that she is a female, but she's always had "A whole lot of boy in her". She dresses like a man, and even "packs", but she is actually a woman. She never fit into a specific gender group.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
•°o.O♠O.o°•

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #19
amphiskios
Banned

amphiskios has a reputation beyond reputeamphiskios has a reputation beyond reputeamphiskios has a reputation beyond reputeamphiskios has a reputation beyond reputeamphiskios has a reputation beyond reputeamphiskios has a reputation beyond reputeamphiskios has a reputation beyond reputeamphiskios has a reputation beyond reputeamphiskios has a reputation beyond reputeamphiskios has a reputation beyond reputeamphiskios has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to amphiskios

Going along with that, two awesome books to read on gender identities

Ursula LeGuin's The left hand of Darkness
and
Stars in My Pocket Like Grains of Sand by Samuel R. Delany
amphiskios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #20
Trapkat

Wow so many nice greetings! i'll clarify my gender status just to keep the confusion to a minimal. Genetically, I am male so I have penis and testes still, but mentally I have always felt and acted like a woman. So I am a male to female trans. My biggest two road blocks are money and family. Living in a Southern Christian home and being a transgender is so very much like Hell! I its bad enough that they don't like anything that I want to do social or career wise, but they have made it very clear that they want no part of anyone who is homosexual or in their minds worse trans-anything.

Also, I play just about any fighting game i can get my paws on. I'm pretty partial to SNK titles such as the King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, and Art of Fighting. I used to play Street Fighter a long time ago, but now I am stuck on Street Fight III 3rd Strike getting murdered by anyone who can parry.