Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 05-27-2006   #1
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute
slam dunk festival [leeds]

supporting bands [in order]: hellogoodbye; the hush sound; capdown; hundred_reasons; thursday, the academy is.

headlining: fall out boy

arena: leeds millenium square

crowd: 7000

and christ were they fucking vicious. i've been at rowdy gigs before [hell, i've seen flogging molly play] but this lot would kick, punch and claw their way to the front.

lucky me was near the front [approximately three rows back] and i'm currently lying in bed with a bandaged foot, a migraine, a black eye coming on, and bruises from my arse to my elbow.

and to be perfectly honest, as performers, fall out boy weren't even worth the pain.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #2
SpudNuts
Just Bubblin'

SpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to SpudNuts
Re: slam dunk festival [leeds]

Nah, saw them in glasgow a couple of months ago. Weren't too great i have to agree, hellogoodbye were supporting Taqking Back Sunday kast night though which I heard was pretty good. How were thursday? I'd love to go see them live.

Alba gu brąth
SpudNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #3
sazzle
I hate you all.

sazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond reputesazzle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sazzle

So i take it they weren't the static, emo crowd you anticpated?

Hope you recover.

[and post pictures of the black eye!]
Old 05-28-2006   #4
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by sazzle
So i take it they weren't the static, emo crowd you anticpated?

Hope you recover.

[and post pictures of the black eye!]
dont you know emo kids have changed now, they move hahaha fucking emos....good music, good clothes....but god damn those fuckers need to lighten up

anyway, your a git zaynab, you saw hundred reasons and I didnt oh well...I revel in knowing that my money was spent on some great shows, but towards the later part of this year lol....wooo motorhead! trivium!! iron maiden!!! oh yea....and Bryan Adams in july wooo! lol
Old 05-29-2006   #5
Dg
Old & Wise Member

Dg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost Smart

eeek, hope u recover soon!

You going to download?
Christ, how many suicidal people do you know?! I mean, I've met a couple, but I never really pay attention to them because I figure if they were really suicidal, they'd be killing themselves instead of whining. It's the quiet ones you gotta worry about...
Dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006   #6
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute

no, i'm going to v-fest in august.

miller - thursday were pretty good if you're into the heavier side of things in comparison to a lot of the other stuff played - the guys were pretty energetic etc. to be honest, it's a little difficult for me to say just /how/ good they were, because the easiest comparison is with the album itself [at a live gig, you expect something more, but to know what 'more' is, you have to know what the music alone is] - and if i'd heard their cd before, i'd have a better idea.

but the best performers, without a shadow of a doubt, were hellogoodbye who were off their fucking rockers, and the academy is - i spent the entirety of his time on stage trying to decide what i wanted more - his babies, or his figure.

also: bryan adams! woo!
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote