Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 08-21-2003   #1
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
just something i want to say about religion

Every religion. Every single little one. Each one different in its own way. But everyone of them the same. they are the same because it really means something to someone. I say we team-up. We include everyone's religion and make one big ass religion. We will call it, "Religion."
Say you are catholic, well your catholic beliefs are in there. You a buddahist...That's in there too. Muslim, Islam and every other religion IS "Religion." Now this way you either believe in something or you don't. And no one is wrong. Well except for you and me. For one you dont even believe and I do. Just a battle between me and you. Like its always been...except this time, its Religion vs. No Religion. probably still wont answer some of Life's secrets...But at least every other religion isnt always 'wrong.' In this case, only 2 people are wrong.

We are wrong anyways, All of us. So why not get along and try to make it right?

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003   #2
chrono
Well Known Member

chrono has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to chrono
what do we do with the mormons?
Old 08-26-2003   #3
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie
tell them to get their bikes off the fucking road and stop knocking on my fucking door.
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003   #4
NOREGRETS

NOREGRETS is just really niceNOREGRETS is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to NOREGRETS
As you pointed out, relegion is just that teaming up ...Sometime back, real back, many had similiar ideas ...and they knew the need for teaming up to survive here .... they felt the supernatural powers and they confide in that ....they called it a religion...Any views ???
Old 08-26-2003   #5
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
someone wasnt listening.

but it was funny nonetheless

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 08-27-2003   #6
NOREGRETS

didnt strike me well....can ya elaborate ?
Old 08-27-2003   #7
Justmehere

Justmehere is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Justmehere
that wouldnt work because everybody would start debating on which of their idea's was right, then they'd break back off into their former religions.. what we'd have to do is completely erase everybody's memory except for a select few who share this idea.. then we could raise everybody in this religion and it would therefore go over very well.. now all we need is a giant one of those flashy thingies like on men in black.. damn i got 5 bucks how bout you guys..

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

~President, George W. Bush

*hangs head in shame.. then laughs*
Justmehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003   #8
NOREGRETS

ya very true ...if there is one relegion people will start making groups within that and fight ..... and ideas of strong influential people, everyone will have to accept ... so we have to first strip off all the power and position of the entire world, make everyone of equal magnitude and power with respect to position and then implement our very own idea ...Wat say ?
Old 08-28-2003   #9
ems21
Elite Member

ems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond repute
"Someone recently asked me what was the difference between religion and spirituality. The way I see it: Religion is for those who are afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there." - Ruth Bourdon

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner who needed it most?" - Mark Twain

Keep in touch with old friends on www.myspace.com
Visit My Website
Visit My Space
ems21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003   #10
Penie
i love kali more than carrots

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Penie
what a fantastically stupid idea.

how about insted of trying to work it all out, we just respect other religions and all just get along. seems like a better idea to me

(the sixties NEVER died)
Old 08-28-2003   #11
Justmehere

that also won't work because there will always be radical retards our there that take everything waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to seriously.. oh and the part of the sixties that had to do with respecting each other and getting along.. that died almost two years ago when those psycho radical muslims flew a couple a planes into some buildings over here in the US.. its pretty hard to respect those who killed a few thousand people for their religion.. sorry dont mean to be a downer i just had to get that out..

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Old 08-28-2003   #12
Penie
i love kali more than carrots

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Penie
bollocks and wank, it never died because it never started, the US has been bulling people since it became a superpower, its klilled way more people that 9/11 did, in non war time.

your post is kinda scary, because it seems to suggest a kinda "US only" mind set, and by that i eman, you belive that this respect has been going on until that happend, until YOUR world was broken into, its time you realsied people around the world have been dealing with tragadies like this for decades, eons.
Old 08-28-2003   #13
Justmehere

that's why i wanna move out of the us.. we're brought up with that attitude.. our freakin textbooks are sometimes altered to make us look more like the good guys.. americans really don't know what goes on elsewhere because the news is controlled by a few conservative idiots that only air stuff that makes the US look good.. i actually hate it here but i'll probly live here all my life.. *sighs* man would i love to live in england.. damn family.. like i said sorry about that previous post kinda whacked out then..

Old 08-28-2003   #14
Justmehere

dont you just love how we get off track this easily..

Old 08-29-2003   #15
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

well then fuck it. guess not everyone has a mindset like me...or maybe i'm just full of it?

i dont see why...how come not everyone, can understand someone else. why does that person have to be wrong, just because this one dude says he is? why not just take his own beliefs, keep his mouth shut, and just soak it in. it doesnt matter whether or not its the truth. its obviously the truth because this guy thinks it. but why does someone else have to come and fuck it up for him, saying he is wrong, when he isnt?

i dont know, i guess like i said, we are all wrong. but wtf, lets team up. im sure if enough people actually got down to do it, people would see something. notice it. it doesnt matter what you believe in, just as long as you believe.

think people need to be more open minded about things. espcially in what they believe in.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 08-30-2003   #16
psychedelic
Trainee Member

psychedelic has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to psychedelic Send a message via Yahoo to psychedelic
I always thogut religion was a very personal thing. The world shudnt care abt my religion n my God. Satan can be my God its none of thier business but the problem w/ us humans is that we need power and power would indirectly mean contorlling other ppl.
Thats where the fact of religious fanaticism comes in. Ppl fight against one another 2 establish their superiority over one another and like it or not religion is the most apt factor for this fight for dominance. Darwins theory proves 2 b correct no matter how peaceful we r.
Old 08-31-2003   #17
jamieeelee
Newbie Member

jamieeelee has made a few great posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Justmehere
that wouldnt work because everybody would start debating on which of their idea's was right, then they'd break back off into their former religions.. what we'd have to do is completely erase everybody's memory except for a select few who share this idea.. then we could raise everybody in this religion and it would therefore go over very well.. now all we need is a giant one of those flashy thingies like on men in black.. damn i got 5 bucks how bout you guys..
it's a nice idea, but it will never work. the human race is too ignorant to get along that well and work together for the good of everyone. it's a nice thought though.
Old 08-31-2003   #18
TES
Newbie Member

TES is on a distinguished road
aren't human flaws just grand? ignorance is bliss. religion, to me, is just something to ease a person's mind. something to fall back on and really shouldn't be something to debate over.
TES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003   #19
DEKA_Alpha
Trainee Member

DEKA_Alpha has a little shameless behavior in the past
Religion is pointless why care if you burn in Hell in agony for all eternity, find perfect bliss in heaven, if you are reincarnated, or suffer some other fate during or after life.

I don't care what happens. I expect when I die I will see nothing and feel nothing. I expect there to be only a void and that I will simply stop existing. I don't care if I'm not special, I don't care if I am not original, I don't care if there is no meaning to life and I don't care if there is. I live for one and only one reason because I can. I don't care, no reason to.

Pleasure and pain are the same thing. Burn me, fuck me, slap me, suck me. There isn't a difference between pleasure and pain only intensity. No point to care if I die and I end up in bliss or torment. No reason to care what happens to me during or after life. There is nothing that could happen during or after life that could make me care. Without the ability to create fear or hope I see no reason to believe in or practice religion.

The strong live and the weak die.
DEKA_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003   #20
Justmehere

:scratches head:.. interesting..