Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Threads That Never End

Threads That Never End They go on and on my friend.

Old 03-11-2008   #81
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Complain about anything thread.

my stomach still hurts and i STILL can't sleep. but, i think i just wrote a cool children's book. i might post it later.
Old 04-05-2008   #82
Stormy God
Hasn't Posted

Stormy God is on a distinguished road

There is no place on the internet that hasn't been overrun with narutards.

They're everywhere.
Old 04-05-2008   #83
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Stormy God View Post
There is no place on the internet that hasn't been overrun with narutards.

They're everywhere.
Obnoxious font choices aside, do you think this forum has narutards? I don't even know what they are...

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #84
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

I REALLY don't want to write two damn papers this weekend, this close to finals. It pisses me off.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #85
foxyphoenix

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by foxyphoenix View Post
95 hours.
I have had a bloody fucking headache for 95 hours. In the past 12, I have taken 1600 mg of ibuprofen; nothing. Well, nothing except the lovely pukefest that ibuprofen consistently induces for me. I know the health service, though, won't do anything unless I've "at least tried" the ibuprofen regimen they gave me.

I see a neurologist tomorrow.

I hope it's something fantastic like a cracked skull; at least then I'll have a good story out of this steaming pile of shit.

Update for those of you who care (read: none) -

I had a headache for 112 hours straight, had CT scans done (they found only the concussion, no bleeding or fractures) and got myself some acetominophen with codeine. Even that did not make it go away entirely, simply let me function somewhat normally (as codeine is a narcotic, I was loopy as shit while taking it). Finally, after a week of taking the codeine every six hours, the headache cleared--I had been waiting until the six hour mark, and if I felt the bloody thing coming back I had to take another pill.
Now, since it was such a bad concussion, I cannot do any exercise that jostles the head (running, skating, biking, etc) for at least a month. I've been weight-lifting but it's just not the same... sad.

Healthy now, though, so I suppose it's all good.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 04-05-2008   #86
Pittielynn

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Update for those of you who care (read: none) -

I had a headache for 112 hours straight, had CT scans done (they found only the concussion, no bleeding or fractures) and got myself some acetominophen with codeine. Even that did not make it go away entirely, simply let me function somewhat normally (as codeine is a narcotic, I was loopy as shit while taking it). Finally, after a week of taking the codeine every six hours, the headache cleared--I had been waiting until the six hour mark, and if I felt the bloody thing coming back I had to take another pill.
Now, since it was such a bad concussion, I cannot do any exercise that jostles the head (running, skating, biking, etc) for at least a month. I've been weight-lifting but it's just not the same... sad.

Healthy now, though, so I suppose it's all good.
I'm glad you're healthy now, but that must have sucked while the hours continued. Did you manage any good sleep during any of that?

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 04-05-2008   #87
foxyphoenix

I don't get quality sleep anyways, but having the headache made basically any sleep impossible.

-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 04-05-2008   #88
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Do you get chronic migraines, foxy? Or did this happen solely because of a concussion? Sorry you had to go through all that madness.

I've endured my share of migraines, and oh yes, they suck a great deal. And usually come with all sorts of wonderful side effects (and for some reason, happen immediately before going on vacations/trips/days of planned fun).

I've almost run out of coffee. That is my only complaint at the moment.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #89
foxyphoenix

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Do you get chronic migraines, foxy? Or did this happen solely because of a concussion? Sorry you had to go through all that madness.

I've endured my share of migraines, and oh yes, they suck a great deal. And usually come with all sorts of wonderful side effects (and for some reason, happen immediately before going on vacations/trips/days of planned fun).

I've almost run out of coffee. That is my only complaint at the moment.
I don't even get headaches ever... this was all due to the concussion. Mi hermanito gets migraines fairly often, I feel so bad for him... all he can do is lay on the couch and sleep. I'm really thankful I don't get them. Sorry that you do, Zana.

-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 04-05-2008   #90
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't even get headaches ever... this was all due to the concussion. Mi hermanito gets migraines fairly often, I feel so bad for him... all he can do is lay on the couch and sleep. I'm really thankful I don't get them. Sorry that you do, Zana.
*Tips cap* Thankfully, I haven't had one in a while; headaches, but no migraines, lately. I have no idea what used to cause the migraines, but just like your hermanito, all I could do was collapse somewhere (ideally, not a mall) and sorely wish for unconsciousness.

How did you get a concussion, exactly?

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 04-06-2008   #91
foxyphoenix

Hehe, funny story actually, which no one seems to believe.
I'm a rather violent sleeper (i.e. kicking holes in walls) and I tend to thrash around a bit. My bed was at the precise level of my air conditioner (waste of space as I never use the damn thing) and during a particularly violent sleep-thrash I hit my temple right on the folded metal corner of the A/C. It was enough to wake me up and realize that I had a concussion.
Now, as I am a teenager (and thus, inherently, a liar and a criminal) no one seems to believe that I was "just" sleeping. But I was. Arrrghghg.
So yeah, that's how it happened!

-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 04-06-2008   #92
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by foxyphoenix
Hehe, funny story actually, which no one seems to believe.
I'm a rather violent sleeper (i.e. kicking holes in walls) and I tend to thrash around a bit. My bed was at the precise level of my air conditioner (waste of space as I never use the damn thing) and during a particularly violent sleep-thrash I hit my temple right on the folded metal corner of the A/C. It was enough to wake me up and realize that I had a concussion.
Now, as I am a teenager (and thus, inherently, a liar and a criminal) no one seems to believe that I was "just" sleeping. But I was. Arrrghghg.
So yeah, that's how it happened!
Wow. *Claps*

I believe you. I have seen people do and say some rather alarming things whilst asleep, not a few rather scarring to me and involving socks, so thrashing and getting a sleep concussion is quite a believable thing, though not a pleasant one, I imagine.

No complaints here.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 04-16-2008   #93
Jugband
Andrew's spokesman

Jugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond reputeJugband has a reputation beyond repute

I hate my math class.
I hate my everythingclassfuck.
and fuck homework,...yea...fuck that bitch.

and fuck anne coulter.

Jugband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #94
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

fuck being politically correct.

and fuck this not being allowed to kill yourself bullshit. you wanna fuckin die then fuckin do it.

which leads me to say, fuck not being allowed to kill someone. i hate encouraging and awarding the stupid.

you broads need to get your shit under control. you american bitches are getting away with too much and you're going to bring doomsday faster than youre little evil conniving no shred of human decency mind of yours can think to scheme your slimy trail of excess baggage and very bad decisions that is your life onto someone else while you take your grubby little hands, reaping everything you touch and slither away! Coward! Whore! Evil doer! YOU GET BACK HERE AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR DAMN SELF!

Let the stupid die.

oh yeah, and no more of this kill a body humanely bull crap. what part of killing him are we not understanding? Sure none of us dont want to die, but if we're only going to be put to sleep it aint so bad. we do it to dogs all the fucking time and no one cries like a bitch about that. but nooo. who's afraid of dying in there sleep?

better fuckin yet, who's afraid of dying? Some of those criminals being put to death are probably scared. So i say we have a cobble stone path and dirt and sand everywhere. Make the badass walk barefoot with a blind fold on so he cant see his surroundings. It wont be pretty I have that much pictured in my mind. His hands will be tied to his back and along this path he'll hear certain noises. Ya know, the common stuff. Knives being sharpened. Muffled yelps and groans. That sort of thing. Chains clanking, ropes tightening. Hell, even throw in a bubbling brook to make him think he could be drowned. The point is that this is the place you will die and you have no idea how you will. The chamber will be notorious and only the brave will die without pain. and the brave are all dead. :)
anyway, shove this scumbag along this path, let him kick any legs or bloody stumps in the way. hell walk him into a pool of blood. walk him past the water, then stop him, spin and shove him against a wooden post, then shoot him once in the stomach and let him die.

yeah, fuck prisoners who aren't "rehabilitating." fuck them

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #95
Pittielynn

I keep having this reoccurring dream that is driving me crazy because I can't get it off my mind!

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 04-16-2008   #96
miss kb
Taken (=P)

miss kb will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to miss kb

the stupid threads about waxing body parts and girls having their periods!!!!

"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence." -Henry Louis Mencken
"The person who writes for fools is always sure of a large audience."
-Arthur Schopenhauer
"Always forgive your enemies -- Nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde
miss kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #97
Pittielynn

Quote:
Originally Said by miss kb View Post
the stupid threads about waxing body parts and girls having their periods!!!!
What? Girls don't have periods???

I see nothing wrong with it. The female body shouldn't be something that is only ever talked about buy guys "oogoling" them.

It's there, it happens, yet the moment you mention your vagina, people freak. It's ridiculous. No wonder people have problems visiting their gyno.

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 04-16-2008   #98
Demonica
Hormonal for life!

Demonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Demonica Send a message via Skype™ to Demonica

My complaint is this:

People In general.

When someone tries to piss you off for no reason and then they retort with dumb ass remarks (usually all in an effort to make themselves look better). Then they wind up getting put in their place and they hate that because then everyone knows how dumb they really are...

People who like to drag skeletons out of your closet solely for their sick, twisted pleasure.

Someone who thinks they're better than you.

I hate people who try to make up excuses for themselves. For instance, someone does something wrong and then they don't want to take responsibility for their actions. Then, after everything is said and done, they try to make up reasons why it wasn't their fault.

Wishy-washy people ...

People with lack of respect.

People who choose to be bitches just because they want to be one ...

People who keep a record of how many people they've slept with ...
2girls1cup

Those are my complaints .....

To summarize it, read the boldfaced words.

Well, She is!
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #99
miss kb
Taken (=P)

miss kb will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to miss kb

i hate GIRLS!!!! they can be pretty freakin annoying-they have to have attention all of the time. And most girls these days are sluts.(not all, so don't get too offensive)

"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence." -Henry Louis Mencken
"The person who writes for fools is always sure of a large audience."
-Arthur Schopenhauer
"Always forgive your enemies -- Nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde
miss kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #100
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

^it's mainly the american broads.

i'd also like to complain about broads who say it's degrading to check out their boobs and such...The only chicks who feel this is degrading are the chicks not getting any attention. (Namely all the 'homely' women....you know, fat fuglies.)

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote