Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Gamers Hangout

Gamers Hangout Forum for game addicts. PC or console.

Old 10-16-2013   #1
Jagged
Live, Love, Laugh.

Jagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jagged
Diablo 3

This game is super addictive and I was wondering if any body else plays it online for PS3? I use to play it on the computer for Diablo one but the controller is so much better!!! (Definitely takes some getting use to.)

Jagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #2
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Diablo 3

I played that game religiously on the PC version with the real money auction house. My brother plays on PS3, I'm as of yet undecided if I will take it up again come 2014 when they update the PC version to reflect the consoles.

I play diablo 2 (still do!!) and that game is the game I think of when I think about my younger years (that or Warcraft III), so there is a lot of nostalgia there. When the PC version of Diablo 3 came out it really made me disillusioned with the whole frachise, they kinda killed my childhood in a way. So to buy into the expansion pack with more promises of glory and conquest? Or to shrug and leave well enough alone. We shall see.

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #3
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Sir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond repute

I played it for a while with friends, but it didn't have the lasting presence of Diablo 2. D3 got old after beating the campaign on normal mode. I'll still play the expansion when it comes out, though. Hopefully it answers some of the questions left at the end of the main game.
Old 10-16-2013   #4
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Quote:
Originally Said by Jagged View Post
This game is super addictive and I was wondering if any body else plays it online for PS3? I use to play it on the computer for Diablo one but the controller is so much better!!! (Definitely takes some getting use to.)
I didnt know you had a ps3.
and no I haven't played Diablo3.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #5
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Uhhhhh in case anyone hasn't beat the game:

SPOILER ALERT

Things I didn't like:
-I was mad when they killed Caine. Especially how they killed him, like what the hell was that?? Badass motherfucker downed by some butterfly shit.
-Their "random" maps aren't at all random. The maps are identical, with the dungeon entrances changing from a few locations, they did better in the dungeons, but if you play for awhile, you begin to realize, well if I run southwest in the dungeon that's where I need to be.
-Loot drops were terrible, due to the auction house, now that I have seen the revamped version, it looks better, but I haven't seen enough to pass judgement.
-They took away all the difficulty in inferno to appease people
-Character balance was (is? not so much anymore I would imagine) wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of line. What is balance in a Diablo PVE game though right? What I mean is, not balance between classes, but balance for classes versus the monsters. Poor demon hunters at launch....
-The leveling doesn't feel... important. They should have brought back having to allocate stat points, and done a similar magic tree, where you can put ALL your points in one skill if you want, or similar.
-Difficulty scaling is fargone to nill, though it has been somewhat addressed now. D2's Normal transition to Nightmare was like D3's Hell transition to Inferno, they did away with that and brought in monster power, which is kinda cool, and I could've looked past this given other things were better.
-The game was kiddish. In Diablo 2 everything was dark, foreboding, and immersive.
-Diablo talks to much, in D2 he didn't need to talk to you more than one line, he knew he was going to kill the fuck out of you, he was just really pissed off you showed up at his house.

Things I liked:
-They have some cool skills and you can have sexy synergy with a little thought and practice
-They did ok with storyline and lore (except killing Caine, fuck you guys, and your horse)
-Being able to re-spec more than once per difficulty level is a definite improvement
-Hmmm.... they had some nifty items.

Undecided:
-Pony level. Undecided because the cow level was gloomy, dark, dangerous, and there were just soooooo many god damn cows! They have a neat idea with the whole exact opposite of anything you would expect in a Diablo game being the secret level... but it just... it don't sit right. What would I have done? Hmmmmmmm.....

You spawn in a field, night time, corpses and such on the ground, smaller map with a couple little burning buildings or whatever, and things spawn on the edges of the map, continuously, until you die, they get stronger, and there is more of them, and the waves alternate the longer you live, and they throw back to Diablo 2 in it, starting wave is Fallen, lots of them, throw in bosses once in awhile, bring Rakanishu in, toss in demonesses and the orb shooting demon guys, I'm salivating thinking about it. It changes it, the game, you're not tryign to run somewhere, or flip some lever, or get five stacks and kill a boss, you're just tryign to fucking LIVE!

That is Diablo.
You die.

Old 10-16-2013   #6
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Sir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Savage_Nature View Post
-Diablo talks to much, in D2 he didn't need to talk to you more than one line, he knew he was going to kill the fuck out of you, he was just really pissed off you showed up at his house.
Absolutely agree. Once the villain starts monologuing, he loses all credibility. Just activate the damn laser and kill Bond already.
Old 10-17-2013   #7
Jagged
Live, Love, Laugh.

Jagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jagged

Bahahaha! I agree Diablo 3 does seem a lot less intimidating. I remember getting nervous before going down to face him in the older games and dieing was common. I must admit that I'm glad you don't lose all your shit anymore when you die, just durability. (Which the blacksmith can repair.)

Jagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #8
Comrade Marx

Comrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond repute

My brother has D3 and he says it is not as good as D2. I'll take his word on the matter
Comrade Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013   #9
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

Have you guys checked out Path of Exile yet? Free to play diablo type game, pretty sweet.
Old 11-04-2013   #10
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Are you playing Path of Exile? I'm looking at it right now.

Looks like it's offering a lot for a free to play.

Although I am looking for a new RPG game to play. I keep thinking about getting FF7, but then I always would rather play FFT.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #11
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

I started playing path of exile on my days off. Delicious.

Level 40 ish witch, fire.