Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Threads That Never End

Threads That Never End They go on and on my friend.

Old 06-26-2004   #1
Penie
i love kali more than carrots

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Penie
Connecting music people to other music people game. As catchy as its catchy title.

this is one really for the music nerds.

right, i dont know how well this game will work on the net, because you could cheat and look up information but that would make you a cheating whore, and nobody likes them, not even those filthy adulterers.

the way it works is somebody says two music people (there is a similar game called six degrees of seperation, with movie stars, but music is more fun. really, even tom hanks agrees and he's in the flickies) and then you have to connect them by any way you can (producers, people theyve recorded with, side projects, cover versions, guest apperences, new band members old bands etc), then say two more people for the next person. if two people reply at once, just reply to whoever got there first. survival of the quickest, baby.

here is an example - in a crappy sterotypical english accent for added fun (no, you dont get points for the english accent thing, only i do. i am hoarding points):

tom: i say tim, could you connect nirvana to van morrision?

tim: gosh, let me have a good shot eh. here goes: NIRVANAS drummer DAVE GROHL is lead singer in the FOO FIGHTERS whos drummer plays in ME FIRST AND THE GIMMIE GIMMIES who famously did many covers one of which is VAN MORRISONS brown eyed girl.

tra da! now i shall go first with an easyish one:

system of a down to audioslave
(thats actully boardering on a joke)
Old 06-28-2004   #2
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie
Re: Connecting music people to other music people game. As catchy as its catchy title.

This one's easy. SOAD's Serj, and Audioslave's Tom are both the founders of The Axis Of Justice.

Nirvana and Extreme (there is a connection)
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004   #3
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones
Re: Connecting music people to other music people game. As catchy as its catchy title.

Kirt was "extrememly" stupid and killed himself...haha. I'm so good....not really
Old 06-29-2004   #4
Penie

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute

i dunno, i dont know anything about extreme, but as an aside, i was thinking:
michael moore directed the video for 'sleep now in the fire' by RATM and 'boom' by SOAD.
Old 06-30-2004   #5
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

no, Dave said in a nirvana video how extreme didn't even know how shit they'd become beacuse their record company controled them and there was a feud.

Mike Patton and Bjork
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004   #6
Penie

right, BJORK has recorded a song with TOM YORKE of radiohead, who has also appered on a PJ HARVEY song (its brilliant) whom was originally going to recorded the female speaking parts in MX by the DEFTONES, the deftones CHINO MORAENO'S side project, TEAM SLEEP have recorded a song with mike pattons.

that was over long and 'guest apperence' heavy

okay: the offspring to queens of the stone age.
Penie is offline   Reply With Quote