Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Science

Old 10-06-2009   #21
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Injectible "Birth Control" for Men

Quote:
Originally Said by foxyphoenix View Post
The ratio of progesterone to testosterone is what controls sperm count, so raising the level of progesterone to match the level of testosterone (increasing both, but progesterone more) would decrease the sperm count.

What's wrong with synthetic testosterone? It's chemically the same as natural testosterone...

An excess amount could cause many bad side effects, so unless one has a testosterone deficiency, then I personally would not take any such injections for any other reason, but for reasons of deficiency.
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias

Last edited by Funk*Sonic*7; 10-06-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #22
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Funksonic gonna be a daddy?
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #23
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
Funksonic gonna be a daddy?
Now there's a crazy thought, but hey, it may happen some day.
Right now I'm completely apethetic to that idea
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Old 10-07-2009   #24
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

blackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Funk*Sonic*7 View Post
I don't make that assumption at all. Birth control for women can cause some side effects like weight gain and mood swings that I personally wouldn't want to experience myself.

If a girl has really bad periods or really bad acne, I would tell them to consider taking the pill for those reasons. Otherwise, I would be more inclined to neither discourage or encourage them to take it, because in that situation it would be a matter of their choice and their choice only.

Also, consider that I'm at a point in my life where even though I don't care one way or the other if I have a child, the thought of having a child now is not such a scary thing for me as it may have been 5-10 years ago. So if I were to get a girl pregnant, I would be more excited and happy about it than anything else.
Not many guys are like that though..at least not many I've met. I constantly see & hear about guys that use the whole 'she told me she was on the pill' excuse.
blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #25
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Quote:
Originally Said by blackheart View Post
Not many guys are like that though..at least not many I've met. I constantly see & hear about guys that use the whole 'she told me she was on the pill' excuse.
It takes two to tango regardless, so anybody making any kind of excuses like that, well that's just childish. Whether a girl is on the pill or not, every single guy who doesn't want to get a girl pregnant or doesn't have solid and credible evidence that the girl he's with isn't disease-free should always be throwing on the raincoat anyways if they want to help prevent those kind of consequences like pregnacy and the spread of disease.

And if a guy hasn't had sex that much or it has been a long time, he should have enough common sense to throw out condoms that have been sitting in the box for long periods of time and "restock" them with newer fresher ones on a frequent and regular basis, no matter what the expiration date says. I personally will buy a new box 3-4 weeks no matter how active or inactive my sex life may be at the time.
Old 10-07-2009   #26
Jabedin
Aladdin's brother

Jabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond repute

I've known about injectible birth control for years. I inject, and she gives birth. Everythings under control.

In your heart, pumping your blood
Jabedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #27
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

blackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond repute

I find that most men around my age don't have any common sense. They just want to get laid.
Old 10-07-2009   #28
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Quote:
I find that most men around my age don't have any common sense. They just want to get laid.

That's funny, because I find that most women from the ages of 20-40 only just want to get laid too.
Old 10-07-2009   #29
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

well I certainly don't
Old 10-07-2009   #30
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Quote:
well I certainly don't
yeah i know...you're one of the few good ones left out there