Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Science

Old 11-04-2008   #21
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: World's First Real Blue Roses

Isn't every flower the "I just spent money on you so I better get laid" flower?

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #22
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Quote:
Originally Said by foxyphoenix View Post
Well I would hope not. I, for one, am not that easy. Not that I don't like flowers, I'm just saying don't expect to get laid because of them.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #23
foxyphoenix

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't understand any other motivation for giving someone the reproductive organs of another species.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 11-04-2008   #24
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

There's also the "I fucked up really bad forgive me please" flowers...so..
Old 11-04-2008   #25
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Quote:
I just don't understand any other motivation for giving someone the reproductive organs of another species.
BUT THEY'RE SO PRETTY!
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #26
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

Quote:
Na.. at least not for me.. I didn't had it in mind as i gave you Jorge

I'm more for giving living flowers like potted plants, and not cutting and kill something that looks good but is way better alive where it had been.

Quote:
mh.. "Hey, sorry i was drunk yesterday and came home so late, here you have some balls of a <random animal>"

.. eak, evil pictures in my mind.. go away.. Go Away ..

Well.. flowers are a better choice then and they look way better alive, see:

flowers_small.JPG
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #27
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

^I agree I think getting potted plants is far better than receiving cut flowers, tehn you can keep them for a long time! (^_^)
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #28
foxyphoenix

Quote:
Originally Said by Christian View Post
Na.. at least not for me.. I didn't had it in mind as i gave you Jorge

I'm more for giving living flowers like potted plants, and not cutting and kill something that looks good but is way better alive where it had been.

mh.. "Hey, sorry i was drunk yesterday and came home so late, here you have some balls of a <random animal>"

.. eak, evil pictures in my mind.. go away.. Go Away ..

Well.. flowers are a better choice then and they look way better alive, see:

Attachment 6429
Living plants are a whole different story: I love getting plants. They're not simply the genitalia, and they're not dead. It's much better.

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
^I agree I think getting potted plants is far better than receiving cut flowers, tehn you can keep them for a long time! (^_^)
Agreed! Though my roommate would probably murder me if I got any more plants! My desk looks like a jungle! Yay plants!

-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 11-05-2008   #29
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

Just in time for a "blue" election!
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #30
Brisa
The Missing Linx

Brisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divine
Send a message via MSN to Brisa Send a message via Skype™ to Brisa

http://www.rkdn.org/roses/colors.asp

No wonder I have always loved the blue rose, I wanted to see what it ment, cause your post reminded me I wanted to look it up.
Brisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #31
foxyphoenix

Do you really think the color pigments in plant genitalia really signify an abstract thought enough to attract you to that flower through the thought?

-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store