Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > The Blog

The Blog Post the crazy happenings in your life here. If it's interesting enough it may be moved to the main news page.

Old 02-22-2012   #1
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute
HOLY CRAP, I'M GOING TO GRAD SCHOOL!!!

JUST GOT MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE LETTER TODAY!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

And it's killing me because I can't tell Spades the good news.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012   #2
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: HOLY CRAP, I'M GOING TO GRAD SCHOOL!!!

Oh how exciting! Congratulations!!!!!

And...
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012   #3
Pittielynn

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!!

This is the same reason why I never want to celebrate my birthday anymore. I hate knowing that I'm growing up, living my life, experiencing milestones like this one, while I can't share them with her. She doesn't even get to enjoy her own... :(

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 02-22-2012   #4
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats!! ;D

Not to overstep bounds in saying this, but it seems that you are greatly honoring her memory in how you're living your life; by reaching these milestones and achieving these things, it shows your strength and fortitude (...mate) in that you solider on doing the best you can, which you clearly are. Even I, as an outsider, know that any friend of yours would be proud, so I'm sure she would. :)

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012   #5
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Are you going to wait on more acceptance letters before you decide on a school, or are you going to go to the school that has sent you the acceptance letter?
Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012   #6
Pittielynn

Quote:
Originally Said by Sweet_Miss_Etc. View Post
Many congrats!! ;D

Not to overstep bounds in saying this, but it seems that you are greatly honoring her memory in how you're living your life; by reaching these milestones and achieving these things, it shows your strength and fortitude (...mate) in that you solider on doing the best you can, which you clearly are. Even I, as an outsider, know that any friend of yours would be proud, so I'm sure she would. :)
You're not oversteping bounds at all. I really appreciate you saying that. It helps a lot. <3

Quote:
Originally Said by Nami View Post
Congratulations! Are you going to wait on more acceptance letters before you decide on a school, or are you going to go to the school that has sent you the acceptance letter?
I want to wait for more letters before I make my decision. This one was from McMaster, which is an incredible school, but I mostly want to go to Laurier for their Tri-University History Program. I have until March 20th to accept or decline their offer. Not much time at all, so hopefully the other schools I applied to will hurry up!

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 02-23-2012   #7
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth

Master's or Ph.D?
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012   #8
Pittielynn

Master of Arts.

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 02-27-2012   #9
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

^ Martial Arts? ^_^

Congratulations Pettie!!
Old 02-27-2012   #10
Pittielynn

Quote:
Originally Said by Christian View Post
^ Martial Arts? ^_^
Haha no, but I should probably brush up on my kickboxing skills if I have to move to a big city.

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 03-10-2012   #11
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Nice! Way to go! What is your BA in?
Old 04-01-2012   #12
Pittielynn

Quote:
Originally Said by Thoughtcrime View Post
Nice! Way to go! What is your BA in?
Its an Honours degree in History :D

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 04-02-2012   #13
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

Quote:
Originally Said by Pittielynn View Post
Its an Honours degree in History :D
History of what if, I may ask?
Old 04-02-2012   #14
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Christian View Post
History of what if, I may ask?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ontosaurus.jpg

That's pretty sweet! Congrats again, Pittielynn! ;)

What will you do with your degree? (Other than frame it. -_-)

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #15
notlob
rock star

Location: Some galaxy, away from the idiots that inhabit Earth
notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

Congratulations Danielle :D You deserve it :D

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012   #16
rocknratm
Newbie Member

rocknratm is on a distinguished road

congrats!!!

remember thats expensive, dont dick around like I did. I have a philosophy degree, but ill end up having to go to grad school
rocknratm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012   #17
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice

What's the difference between a philosophy degree and a pizza? The pizza feeds a family of 4.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #18
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Will you start in August?

I'm about to graduate in 3 weeks with my Bachelor's and I CAN'T WAIT!!
Old 04-14-2012   #19
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Congrats Jasmine! How exciting! What are you going to do after?

I'm *hopefully* getting my Master's degree in 3 weeks. It all hinges on how well I defend my thesis.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #20
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!
I plan on (and should have already been) submitting resumes to DHR, various mental health places, and places for people with disabilities. I put in an application to a place a while back, but never heard anything back from them - perhaps because it was too soon.
I might end up stuck at my current job for a few months until I find something. Hopefully if it comes to that, my hours will pick back up since I won't be going to school anymore.

I have nearly made a career out of college. lol I started back between sophomore and junior year of high school...when was that? Like 2002. I don't even want to think about grad school.

Oh, and what's your thesis? I forget your major. English or something?