Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 01-05-2005   #1
Fox
poolshark packleader

Fox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divine
North Korea Issues Wartime Guidelines

North Korea Issues Wartime Guidelines

By SANG-HUN CHOE

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - North Korea has ordered its citizens to be ready for a protracted war against the United States, issuing guidelines on evacuating to underground bunkers with weapons, food and portraits of leader Kim Jong Il.

The 33-page ``Detailed Wartime Guidelines,'' published in South Korea's Kyunghyang newspaper on Wednesday and verified by Seoul, was issued April 7, 2004, at a time when the communist regime was claiming it was Washington's next target following the Iraq war.

The manual - the first such North Korean document made public in the outside world - was signed by Kim Jong Il in his capacity as chairman of the Central Military Committee of the ruling Workers' Party. That ended speculation over whether Kim has assumed the top military post following the 1994 death of his father, President Kim Il Sung.

Analysts said the guidelines reflected Pyongyang's fear over a possible U.S. military strike amid stalled talks on its nuclear weapons programs. They said the guidelines were also meant to whip up a sense of crisis among its 22 million people, reportedly growing discontent amid economic hardship.

``The United States has cooked up suspicion over our nuclear programs and is escalating an offensive of international pressure to strangle and destroy our republic,'' the booklet said. ``If this tactic doesn't work, it plots to use this (nuclear) problem as an excuse for armed invasion.''

Kyunghyang did not clarify where it acquired the document classified as ``top secret.''

Seoul's National Intelligence Service said in a one-sentence statement: ``We believe the document reflects North Korea's wartime preparations.''

The manual urged the military to build restaurants, wells, restrooms and air purifiers in underground bunkers, which government offices and military units will move into if war breaks out.

When North Koreans evacuate to underground facilities, they should make sure that they take the portraits, plaster busts and bronze statues of Kim and his parents so that they can ``protect'' them in a special room, the guidelines say.

The Kim family has ruled North Korea for more than a half century, creating a powerful personality cult. Portraits of Kim and his father hang side-by-side on the walls of every house.

Since the Korean War ended in 1953, North Korea has built a 1.1 million-member military, the world's fifth largest, although most of its weapons are outdated. It already keeps vital military facilities in an estimated 10,000 underground tunnels and bunkers, South Korean officials say.

The Pyongyang subway is hundreds of yards below the surface to double as an air raid shelter, and the North's military has dug ``invasion tunnels'' across the border with the South.

North Korea is locked in a dispute with Washington and its allies over its nuclear weapons programs.

Pyongyang escalated its threats after the United States invaded Iraq, which President Bush termed as an ``axis of evil,'' together with Iran and North Korea. North Korean villages are festooned with slogans exhorting the people to prepare for a war with ``our sworn enemy, the U.S. imperialists.''

``The North has real fear that it may become the next Iraq under the Bush administration,'' said Kim Tae-woo, a senior fellow at Seoul's Korea Institute for Defense Analyses. ``The guidelines also appear aimed at tightening domestic control on the people as the economic difficulties erode the regime's grip on power.''

Kim said Washington is building more powerful missiles that could destroy underground military targets in countries like North Korea.

On Tuesday, North Korea accused the United States of planning to deploy those missiles in South Korea for a ``preemptive attack'' on the North. Washington says it wants to end the nuclear dispute peacefully.

01/05/05 06:50

http://channels.aimtoday.com/news/st...ff/story/0001%
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #2
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: North Korea Issues Wartime Guidelines

yea i just read.

i think osama and family have something todo with this.

nothign to worry about. the saudis are helping us.

lol that's what i think.

heh, off topic, the mayan calendar, ends in 2010. it's 2005.

to be honest, that makes me think more about things, HAVENT been done, than shit we've already been through.

Fuck this man...this shit makes me want to cry. When's it all gonna end...already? Fuck! - What the fuck? ..... ...

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #3
mthrfckrZ
Newbie Member

mthrfckrZ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mthrfckrZ Send a message via Yahoo to mthrfckrZ

Die You Weak Pathetic Fools!!!
mthrfckrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #4
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by mthrfckrZ
Die You Weak Pathetic Fools!!!

hahaha. it's Mortal Kombat you assholes. Everyone one of us.

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 01-06-2005   #5
johnathanau1

johnathanau1 is doing greatjohnathanau1 is doing great
Send a message via MSN to johnathanau1 Send a message via Yahoo to johnathanau1

foolish mortals
johnathanau1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #6
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Quote:
Originally Said by psychodiablo2
heh, off topic, the mayan calendar, ends in 2010. it's 2005.
OMG lyk, dose that men da wurld is gunna end in 5 yrs? Lyk, OMG! Im gunna lyk totaly freak oUt!

It just strikes me as funny that a lot of people take into account old calendars.

I was listening to the AM radio tonight, and this guy was talking about that very thing. He says that he's using the 5 years remaining on earth to get his finances in order and try and make contact with aliens, in order to get off this planet, because in 2010, the world will end. Because the Mayans were descendents from aliens and could predict the future.

No joke. It was the best laugh I've had in awhile.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #7
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks

Quote:
Originally Said by Fox
The 33-page ``Detailed Wartime Guidelines,'' published in South Korea's Kyunghyang newspaper on Wednesday and verified by Seoul, was issued April 7, 2004, at a time when the communist regime was claiming it was Washington's next target following the Iraq war.
April 7th is my birthday
Rock ur socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #8
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55

Quote:
Originally Said by Jenn and tonic
I was listening to the AM radio tonight, and this guy was talking about that very thing. He says that he's using the 5 years remaining on earth to get his finances in order and try and make contact with aliens, in order to get off this planet, because in 2010, the world will end. Because the Mayans were descendents from aliens and could predict the future.
wow, if you can tell us exactly what your gonna be doing tonight, and whats gonna be on the radio, maybe you can tell us when the worlds gonna end too!

haha, trying to get his finances in order? thats the funny part. if the worlds gonna end, why not charge up the cards, and buy expensive equipment in order to make contact with the aliens?

RubberDucky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #9
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Quote:
Originally Said by RubberDucky55
wow, if you can tell us exactly what your gonna be doing tonight, and whats gonna be on the radio, maybe you can tell us when the worlds gonna end too!

haha, trying to get his finances in order? thats the funny part. if the worlds gonna end, why not charge up the cards, and buy expensive equipment in order to make contact with the aliens?
That's what I was thinking. OR, better yet, not even TRY to get your finances in order because when the world ends, money isn't going to matter anymore. But you can't reason with crazies. You can, however, listen and laugh.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #10
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

yeah, that is pretty funny.

hey, but what if huh? 2010 is end of the world. imagine taking a moment just before it goes, to come back to this thread and read it. LOL that's something to laugh about...then you'll wonder if that fool ever got out of debt.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina