Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 07-31-2004   #1
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Drugs aint shit!

i get mad when people WHO HAVENT DONE DRUGS, start talking all this crap like they know everything about it. saying this, and all that, and more bullshit just flows from their mouth.

that's like some fool who didnt vote, stating his opinion about what he thinks of the president. You didn't vote, it doesnt matter what you think.
but of coruse it is your opinioin.

BUT, i'm just tired of these assholes, You know who you are, who've never done drugs and then try to tell you that you are an addict and if you say no, then you're in denial. BULLShit. and fuck that.
why can't i say, you are in denial about not wanting to try it!

I think everyone can agree, You dont knock something until you try it. But why is that ruled out in the exception to drugs? You stupid assholes. stop being a hypocrite.

and honestly, i dont know what to expect from you people. i dont know whatyou'll say. and truely, all i want to hear is from people who HAVE TRIED any drugs or from people who do drugs.

to the ones who never have, please dont say anything, cuz i've heard all i'm going to hear from you already.

but in order for this to get anywhere, i guess youre opinions are welcome. HA.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004   #2
mike
Old & Wise Member

mike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to mike Send a message via AIM to mike Send a message via MSN to mike Send a message via Yahoo to mike
Re: Drugs aint shit!

Yup, you said it. I hate people who say that they're all horrible and that you're an idiot because you smoke weed. They act like it's ruining THEIR life, when in fact, it effects them in no way at all. They end up not talking to you anymore. Stupid.

All I'm saying is that if you don't agree with smoking weed (or any other drug), that's great. Just quit bitching about me doing it if I choose too. AND since it's not effecting you at all, just bitching about it makes you look like an old grandma. That's all. I'm tired of whinny girlie bitches. They all need to be locked in a room so they can critisize one another.

If a friend I know was doing herion, I'd say 'Hey man, that shit will lead your life in the wrong direction. IF you want, I'll help and support you in your choice to try to get off of it.' What I wouldn't say is, 'You do heroin so you're fucking stupid and I'm going to complain about it in a way that makes no difference and I look like a complete asshole.'
Old 07-31-2004   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by mike
I'm tired of whinny girlie bitches. They all need to be locked in a room so they can critisize one another.
haha the funny thing about that, is that i think they actually would critisize one another...

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 07-31-2004   #4
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

my friend does pot and personally, i couldnt give a rats ass about it. Sure, its fucking illegal...but i download music..heh the law can go fuck itself
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004   #5
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Ditto with what Tyne said. Do whatever you want, as long as you aren't hurting anyone I don't care. I work with a lot of people who smoke weed, they're the most harmless people you could meet.

And no, I don't do drugs but I'm not one of those people who figures it ruins other people's lives and thinks you don't have a right to do it. Tons of people do worse shit and tell other people that weed is so terrible, blah blah blah. Hypocrites.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004   #6
ems21
Elite Member

ems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by mike
If a friend I know was doing herion, I'd say 'Hey man, that shit will lead your life in the wrong direction. IF you want, I'll help and support you in your choice to try to get off of it.' What I wouldn't say is, 'You do heroin so you're fucking stupid and I'm going to complain about it in a way that makes no difference and I look like a complete asshole.'
This part I understand where you're coming from. No one wants to feel judged. If you're a true friend, you wouldn't be pointing fingers.

My best friend in high school got into crank and it got so bad that she became a completely different person. I tried my best to be there for her, but it got to the point where I knew she could only make the decision to stop for herself. I couldn't keep hanging around her because she was constantly doing things that hurt me (the sad thing is she was so high she didn't even realize the effect her actions were having on other people). She didn't have the capacity to care about anything other than getting crank.

I never told her I didn't want to be her friend. I just made it clear that I couldn't be around her when she was high. We stopped hanging out for a really long time, but years later, now that she's clean, we're friends again. I think she realized that it wasn't her I was rejecting, but rather the drugs that turned her into someone she wasn't.

I wrote both these poems about her. The first one was when she was addicted (I was 16, so I'm sorry if it's a little rough). The other I wrote the day that we first hung out again after she was clean.

Away
for Christine

Sickness that clings,
friends that slip away,
chasing away her dragons
with only plastic swords,
she is truly lost.
The hurt she feels,
the love she craves,
the appreciation,
the return of the friendship
of those who only take
advantage. She is slipping
away from even me.
How can I help
when I can't truly
understand?

June 26, 2003

Here we are, silly again.
Five years of being apart,
erased in one laugh.
One understanding look
and the devils are pitchforked.

You probably wanted to show me
just how different you've become.
You may have quit the drugs,
gained some weight, settled in
with an older man, but you
can't fool me. You're still
the same friend I love and cherish,
the one who taught me that life
is just a witches brew, an emulsion,
an experiment without a known outcome.

You used to reach people with your
Tarot cards, sing "Leather" acapella,
eat bean burritos for breakfast.
I could get lost in your ideas
of how we're all made of plastic,
or mabe just dipped in it.
Did you think my silence
was a mothers judgement, that I thought
you were crazy? If so, you were wrong.
I sat still so I could hear you,
soak in your dreams, try to hold
onto your level of consciousness,
many ladder rungs above my own.

Did I ever tell you that you amaze me,
that I wish I could know like you do,
that your ocean mind flowed into my stream?
I always carried you with me,
even when my current rippled
in a different direction.

Yes, our waters have merged
again, and maybe we're dormant
in someone's shit-filled toilet,
about to be flushed. But somehow
that's a creamsicle on a summer's eve,
when I'm with you.

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner who needed it most?" - Mark Twain

Keep in touch with old friends on www.myspace.com
Visit My Website
Visit My Space
ems21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004   #7
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

i pass on grass, i dont need drugs cuz im high on life and if i want to lose brain cells i will do that at the gasoline sniffing contests
Old 08-01-2004   #8
Penie
i love kali more than carrots

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Penie

HEY GUYS I DONT NEED DRUGS B-COZ THE BEST HIGH IS FROM MUSIC, I JUST PLUG IN THE LINKIN PARK CD AND ROCCCCCKKK OUT.

i actully had an argument with neomp5 on this very forum, and that was his argument. from never taking drugs, he KNEW the best high was from music. if only he'd been more public with his message, all those addicts might have been saved from thier evil lifes. i'll try and find the thread, it was pure comedy crack (in internet form)
Penie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004   #9
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by ems21
This part I understand where you're coming from. No one wants to feel judged. If you're a true friend, you wouldn't be pointing fingers.

My best friend in high school got into crank and it got so bad that she became a completely different person. I tried my best to be there for her, but it got to the point where I knew she could only make the decision to stop for herself. I couldn't keep hanging around her because she was constantly doing things that hurt me (the sad thing is she was so high she didn't even realize the effect her actions were having on other people). She didn't have the capacity to care about anything other than getting crank.

I never told her I didn't want to be her friend. I just made it clear that I couldn't be around her when she was high. We stopped hanging out for a really long time, but years later, now that she's clean, we're friends again. I think she realized that it wasn't her I was rejecting, but rather the drugs that turned her into someone she wasn't.

I wrote both these poems about her. The first one was when she was addicted (I was 16, so I'm sorry if it's a little rough). The other I wrote the day that we first hung out again after she was clean.

Away
for Christine

Sickness that clings,
friends that slip away,
chasing away her dragons
with only plastic swords,
she is truly lost.
The hurt she feels,
the love she craves,
the appreciation,
the return of the friendship
of those who only take
advantage. She is slipping
away from even me.
How can I help
when I can't truly
understand?

wow, of all people, i never expected you to post here Erin.

crank huh? i hate that drug. for real. worst drug anyone could ever get hooked on to. i feel bad for people who smoke that shit. i mean, what can you say about a drug, when someone asks/offers you, "Hey, wanna smoke some shit?" lol fuck no. but now that you mention it, i gotta take a shit. i'll leave it in the toilet for you..ha.

I'm glad to read you took that approach withyour friend Erin. I understand what you said too..'it got to the point where I knew she could only make the decision to stop for herself'
sure enough, you had faith even after not talking to her, that she'll soon realize. Hey she did.
i think more people should be like that. Heh, my own brother says it doesnt bother him. just dont do it in front of him. but nah, he still thinks of me as a loser and going nowhere. sure he's openminded, about other things, just not weed or drugs. So i'm just a loser not going anywhere, even though i've got a good job, fulltime and now barely starting to realize 'my own thing.'
see, i dont do any of those hard drugs like Meth or Coke. i've tried em once, just so i can say i've done it..
guess what im saying, Drugs don't make the person unless you let it. Just like life, it's all about responsibility.

People are too quick to judge. Sure we all do it, but really the good person i think is the one who realizes, the fuck he just thought..

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 08-01-2004   #10
Penie
i love kali more than carrots

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Penie

if anyone cares, that thread is http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/sh...0&page=3&pp=20 its comedy.
Penie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004   #11
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55

grrr...neomp5 is soo...fricking...close minded..
i dont smoke or anything, but i completely agree. i dont have the right to tell you guys what your doing is wrong. i figure, if it makes your guys' life better for the moment, why not. especially with the weaker kind of drugs. but i can understand how people would be concerned with other things.

RubberDucky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004   #12
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by RubberDucky55
grrr...neomp5 is soo...fricking...close minded..
i dont smoke or anything, but i completely agree. i dont have the right to tell you guys what your doing is wrong. i figure, if it makes your guys' life better for the moment, why not. especially with the weaker kind of drugs. but i can understand how people would be concerned with other things.
that ws then Ducky. Noemp5 has learned some debating skills since then. it was that thread. then what happens to us after we die. and now i noticed his responses have changed..somewhat

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 08-01-2004   #13
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo2
that ws then Ducky. Noemp5 has learned some debating skills since then. it was that thread. then what happens to us after we die. and now i noticed his responses have changed..somewhat
They could still use a bit of fine tuning, seeing as how he doesn't feel he needs evidence to back himself up, but yeah, he's gotten better.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004   #14
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55

well thats good. i havent seen any of his recent posts, but hes still gonna have that first impression from the what happens after we die thread. which is a pity, because i have a bad habit of holding onto some first impressions, and boy was that a bad one. haha. i hope hes becoming more open to things then too...

Old 08-02-2004   #15
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

lol. yea why the fuck are we talking about him?
this thread aint for that.

Not what you think of that fool, but rather what you think about drugs

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 08-02-2004   #16
Thrice
Identity Crisis

Thrice is on a distinguished road

i recently just lost a friend of mine to heroine. He was at this party and he overdosed and woke up dead. I was shocked and devastated. He was such a nice kid too. Never did anything wrong, did well in school, and was just overall a nice person. I had no idea this was going on until it was too late. So please, if you know someone who is doing that shit, do something. Whether its a heart-to-heart talk or telling their parents or something, please, get them help. No one should ever have to go through what i went through.

http://www.youtube.com/theskrilla19
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004   #17
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

Quote:
lol. yea why the fuck are we talking about him?
this thread aint for that.

Not what you think of that fool, but rather what you think about drugs
well it wasnt my fault the subject changed. i only said one little thing about him, and then nobody bothered to respond to the other thing i said!
haha. so go back and read it. and i might add to it later.

Old 08-02-2004   #18
ems21
Elite Member

ems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wow, of all people, i never expected you to post here Erin.
Hehe... why is that? You don't think I've ever lit up? Eh, I've tried the stuff. Wasn't my thing. I never felt good about myself the next day, you know? If it's not something I feel proud of, then why should I continue? If someone else has no qualms about it, then hey.

Off-topic: I have a couple of funny stories of when I was high. Once was in high school and I was at a friend's house. We were all high (some on worse stuff than others) and watching a Pantera video on a very large TV. In the middle of the video, I could swear my arm was raising itself. I was amazed. I looked at my best friend and said, "I'm not doing this! My arm is raising itself!"

The second story was my freshman year in college. My roommate and I smoked out and then I tried to do my school work. I thought what I was writing was so profound. The next morning I woke up and looked at what I'd done and it was barely legible. I couldn't even stay in the lines. *laugh*

As you can see, I'm not at my best when I'm altering reality, which is why I choose to no longer do so.

Quote:
guess what im saying, Drugs don't make the person unless you let it.
This is true, but ya gotta also realize that there's a line between "letting" and thinking you have it under control. I'm not saying you're not, but there was a while there when my best friend didn't think she had a problem. She was "completely under control of it." She didn't even realize she was addicted. Of course crank and weed are completely different, but I know people can still become clinically (and emotionally) addicted to marijuana.

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner who needed it most?" - Mark Twain

Keep in touch with old friends on www.myspace.com
Visit My Website
Visit My Space
ems21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004   #19
HolokittyNX
Banned

Location: Southern California, but I might move back to Earth one day.
HolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond reputeHolokittyNX has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the drug. With some the negative effects are obvious and can be understood by someone who hasn't suffered them. With others you can't see any ill effects, depending on the person and the frequency with which they use the drug.
HolokittyNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004   #20
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

i realize i kinda sound like im judging the ones who judge me...but if you know me, you know better that i dont mean anything that way.

i noticed too, that Thrice has had a friend taken away cuz of heroin. some people i guess would hate the drug after something like that. lol though thrice still does drugs. wtf?

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina