Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 02-21-2006   #1
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute
Pain

Yesterday, I was assisting my 5-year old sister to the car...suddenly, as we are descending the stairs, a demon appears and ices the stairs down completely. Needless to say, I plummeted to my icy doom.

This leads me to my question...what is the worst injury that you have ever sustained (thankfully, I wasn't injured).
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Sir Auric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #2
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice
Re: Pain

Back in the simple innocent old days of the 70s it was a simple thing to go to the local chemistry shop (not a pharmacist, mind you... a place where you could buy CHEMICALS) and get all sorts of interesting compounds which if mixed irresponsibly could...ummm well, explode with considerable force. I won't say here what it was I mixed, but I put several dangerous materials together in a GLASS bottle, capped it tightly and shook it. The damn thing went off with the force of at least an M-100 firecracker. Almost took my hand with it. 73 stitches. I'm living proof that "a little knowledge can be dangerous". Anyone who knows anything about chemistry knows (as I did then, even at 13 but I was stupid, too) that if you intend to mix chemicals that can react violently with one another in a glass vessle of any kind, you dont just have it dry to the touch, you BAKE the glassware to assure that it is utterly devoid of moisture. I didn't do that. Yes it hurt. I still have scars on my hand that will always remind me of that day.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #3
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

This is why we don't play with explosives.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Old 02-21-2006   #4
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice

Actually, the material I was mixing wasn't supposed to be an explosive, and it wasn't supposed to be as unstable as it turned out to be. As it was, there were 2 things I was unaware of at the time 1) the materials became unstable in the presence of even the smallest amount of water (re: my failure to bake the glassware prior to mixing) and 2) the reaction, once started, was accelerated by containing it as I had in the sealed glass bottle. If I had correctly mixed the materials and placed it on the concrete in the open and lit it with a match, it would have merely burned... not BOOMED.

Oh, I was trying to mix a custom model rocket fuel. In any case, it was supposed to burn fairly fast. Well... that it did!

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #5
schism-
King Cunty

schism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to schism-

I can't think of the worst one, but there have been many painful BMX related injuries that I've incurred. I had scars running up and down my left shin, a 1 inch long one on my chin.

Also once had a chunk of flesh cut out of my right forearm when someone threw a beaker at me and it hit my arm. Shattered on impact and formed some really sharp rhing, cut a chunk of skin/flesh out about 1/2 an inch deep and 1/2 inch wide.

I have the Downs.
schism- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #6
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

I've never really been injured but I can say right now I'm more sore than I've ever been in my life because I had three hours of track conditioning yesterday and today, and will again tomorrow and the next day.
Old 02-22-2006   #7
Bubble Girl
the little kaDy that could

Bubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond reputeBubble Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty lucky in the fact that I have never had any broken bones or anything fun like that. I've never had stitches or major cut. Just bruises.
Old 02-22-2006   #8
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones

Probably 3 lung collapses, 2 of which were within 6 months of each other. That was definitely no fun.

This isn't as bad, but way back in the day, I decided it would be fun to jump off of my uncle's shed. At the time I was really into Jackie Chan movies, like most 8 year old boys are. So I jumped, missed the grass I intended to land on, and instead hit a stack of concrete bricks, rolled my ankle and cut my left thigh bad. There were about six long, deep cuts that really liked to bleed.
Old 02-22-2006   #9
Lady-Luck
Well Known Member

Lady-Luck is on the road to immortalityLady-Luck is on the road to immortalityLady-Luck is on the road to immortalityLady-Luck is on the road to immortality

^ all i have to say is ouchy!!
ive had one painful surgery.. with no anesthetic which was very painful needless to say!! i was about 6.. and i dropped a huge glass water jug.. right on my foot.. so not very surprisingly there were pieces of glass in my leg.. and i was rushed to the hospital where i got stiches.. i dont know why they didnt drug me
Old 02-22-2006   #10
*Lady Macbeth*

*Lady Macbeth* is divine*Lady Macbeth* is divine*Lady Macbeth* is divine*Lady Macbeth* is divine*Lady Macbeth* is divine*Lady Macbeth* is divine*Lady Macbeth* is divine*Lady Macbeth* is divine*Lady Macbeth* is divine

When Lady Macbeth was five, she was piggy-backing on her cousins shoulders; when they both fell. She only had a minor fracture though. It was still extremely painful to endure.

One day, Lady Macbeth was sock-sliding on a skating ramp.

If she had been able to feel her arms, i'm sure she would have killed the physiotherapist.
Old 02-22-2006   #11
notlob
rock star

Location: Some galaxy, away from the idiots that inhabit Earth
notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

the only one i remember is:

when i was about 7 and zaynab was 9, we were playin around on these small plastic chairs. i stood up infront of her, and she leaned back on the chair, causing her to fall back onto the floor, a leg of that chair snapped and flung up and cut deep and scarred me on my right thigh...it aint big, but its still there, as visible as it always has been. didnt get rushed to hospital, admittedly, i did cry and such, but it healed quickly...

ugh, memories, what a pain!

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006   #12
~Angel RieS #7~
Crazy ^.^

~Angel RieS #7~ has a spectacular aura about~Angel RieS #7~ has a spectacular aura about~Angel RieS #7~ has a spectacular aura about

oh yea i know...
i was like 6 years old or something. i think it was my second year in BSK. well, i fell dwon the stairs and had a broken arm like all day. i didn't feel the pain till i was back home. ... i cried like hell. then my parents rushed me to hospital and they put plaster around it and i stayed at home for a month or something no school

and about three summers ago in Turkey... me and my cousins were going down this easy mountain which had a beautiful waterfall at the foot of it. well, there was this steep slope which i couldn't go down. my cousin told me to hold his hand but i was too chicken to do that well, they went down and i was alone so i thoguht i'd hide, and next second my legs were covered with loads of cuts, mud and thorns and stick stuff. still got the scars and i laugh when i remember how stupid it was of me to "hide" i got myself into deeper trouble. oh well. that's what i rememeber but there are LOADS more
~Angel RieS #7~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006   #13
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Quote:
Originally Said by Indiana Tones
Probably 3 lung collapses, 2 of which were within 6 months of each other. That was definitely no fun.

This isn't as bad, but way back in the day, I decided it would be fun to jump off of my uncle's shed. At the time I was really into Jackie Chan movies, like most 8 year old boys are. So I jumped, missed the grass I intended to land on, and instead hit a stack of concrete bricks, rolled my ankle and cut my left thigh bad. There were about six long, deep cuts that really liked to bleed.
So far, I'd say that you've come out the worst...

Ouch!

Old 02-22-2006   #14
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

Mystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Mystic Thunder

The worst thing was when i was around 4 or 5 and me and the familly were driving somehwere. me being a stupid little twerp, opened the doorn next to me. my head was hitting the ground while the car was driving.
Old 02-22-2006   #15
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Dear Jeebus.

How many concussions was that?

Old 02-22-2006   #16
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

Mystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of light

none actually.

it lasted for about 20 seconds then they stopped the car. (we were on a high way)
Old 02-22-2006   #17
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

I would have loved to have been the car behind yours.

Old 02-22-2006   #18
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

ohhh you whore!
Old 02-22-2006   #19
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Thump...thump...thump...

"Hey guys! Look at the retarded kid!"

Old 02-22-2006   #20
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

....stop messing with me......Dont you know i'm "differant"??