Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Site Issues & Suggestions

Site Issues & Suggestions Post here if you're having problems with anything on the site or forum. Questions also fielded here. Also make suggestions for features or changes you want to see made to Almost Smart.

Old 12-21-2008   #1
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute
2008 Member Awards - Time to Vote!!!

Voting time!

Please read this entire post before you vote so you don't do it wrong!

1) Vote for ONE nominee per category. This means one! Not three. Or four. Or two, seperated with a slash. If you do this, I will disregard your vote for that category.

2) Unlike when nominating, please use screen names! It will get too confusing for me if everyone is using nicknames.

3) You don't have to vote for someone in every category. HOWEVER! I would greatly appreciate it if you copied the entire list of nominations, then just left the ones you don't want to vote on blank. That will make it easier to count without error.

4) You can vote for yourself if you really want, I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to :) (if anyone objects to this tell me soon)

5) Have fun :)

Please PM me your votes! You will be able to vote til the 31st, then winners will be announced.

Here is the final list of nominations. I have made many precautions to ensure the list is correct, however if you find a mistake in the nominations, please let me know ASAP so it can be corrected!

Most likely to be still posting on Almost Smart after everyone else is dead
Matt (psychoDiablo)
Jason (Wormtongue)
Jasmine (Jazzy J)
Madre
Pittielynn
Foxyphoenix

Biggest noob
Drogdar
Mudpuppet
Brisa
Sweetliips

Most missed
RubberDucky55
Cat (HolokittyNX)
Spades (spadetje)
Rob (Wobbie)
Neo (neomp5)
R o N (?)
Kyle
Tsunami
Psylo_42

Most gangster / Biggest keyboard gangsta
Matt (psychoDiablo)

Biggest nerd
Jason (Wormtongue)
Auric (What's the s/n for Auric? Help me out)
Foxyphoenix
Weasel
Yugoloth
ablethevoice

Most musically inclined

Notlob (Hashim)
Funk (-)
ablethevoice
Pittielynn

Most likely to win a Nobel Prize
Foxyphoenix
cstoll
Rachael (Zanahoria_Picante)

Most Likely to use the word "chick" at least once every three sentences
Matt (psychoDiablo)
Mudpuppet
Foxyphoenix

Most closed-minded in arguments
Demento
Neo (neomp5)
Jason (Wormtongue)
Poopy

Most likely to survive a zombie holocaust
Matt (psychoDiablo)
Lostdreams
ablethevoice
David-
Jason (Wormtongue)
Foxyphoenix

Most artistic
Christian
Foxyphoenix

Most verbose
my.dragons.lady
Jason (Wormtongue)

Most random posts
Matt (psychoDiablo)
Higgins
PCP (pitcairnpete)
Poopy
Jasmine (Jazzy J)

Smartest
cstoll
Jason (Wormtongue)
Foxyphoenix
ablethevoice
Yugoloth
my.dragons.lady

Most empathetic in arguments
Isis
cstoll
Sytrohs87
my.dragons.lady
Pittielynn
Jenn and tonic

Kindest heart
Pittielynn

Most political
Madre
amphiskios
Jasmine (Jazzy J)
Bleed_Black

Most unique
Jason (Wormtongue)
Tyne (tynie)
Jasmine (Jazzy J)
Tsunami
Dasein (?)
Mudpuppet

Most entertaining signature
Matt (psychoDiablo)
Mr. Definistrate
krashkitten

Cheekiest
PCP (pitcairnpete)
GodessDivine

Almost-smartiest
Foxyphoenix
Kyle
Weasel
amphiskios
GodessDivine
Sytrohs87

Most likely to win millions on a scratch card and blow it all in 6 months
Jasmine (Jazzy J)
Jason (Wormtongue)
GodessDivine
Matt (psychoDiablo)
Poopy

Funniest
Matt (psychoDiablo)
Poopy
Jabedin
Pittielynn

Moodiest
Matt (psychoDiablo)
Mudpuppet
Jason (Wormtongue)
Foxyphoenix
GodessDivine
Demento

Most constructive posts
Ablethevoice
cstoll
Foxyphoenix
Jenn and tonic
Kali

Best Avatar
Ablethevoice
Jenn and tonic
Kali
my.dragons.lady
Poopy
Sytrohs87
Bamcubz

Most intelligent signature
Foxyphoenix
ablethevoice
Funk (Funk*Sonic*7)

Hottest

Notlob (Hashim)
Sazzle
Foxyphoenix
Sytrohs87
Tony (Indiana Tones)
Pittielynn

Oldest
ablethevoice
Madre

Youngest
Drogdar
Mudpuppet

Most humorous malapropist
Brisa
Sketchimpressions
PCP (pitcairnpete)
Jason (Wormtongue)

----

Last edited by MudPuppet; 12-21-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Thoughtcrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #2
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2008 Member Awards - Time to Vote!!!

Okay, I've added everyone's screen name here, in case it was confusing before.

Also, I've just now voted. So I won't be voting last in an attempt to tip the scales or anything like that.

Last edited by MudPuppet; 12-21-2008 at 02:50 AM.
Thoughtcrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #3
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

absolutely no shame in voting for myself across the board and i write in jesus for the ones i wasn't nominated for. how's that for close-minded?
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #4
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

In order to ensure that the votes are all anonymous (read: PM'd to MudPuppet), I am closing this thread while I try to figure out how to set it so that each individual post must be approved by a moderator.

I might just have to open the thread though before I can find out if we can approve/edit/unapprove posts.

-=-=-

Mud, I also took the liberty of editing one minor mistake in the OP. You had written Matt (Psychodiablo) and then a few lines down Jason (Psychodiablo). Unless PD and I merged into one and I'm unaware of it I thought this to be a simple mistake.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #5
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Since Mud said in his instructions to PM him with our votes, I don't think anonymity will be a problem.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #6
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Regardless, people do make mistakes.

At any rate, I only wished to try out something new in terms of moderator powers.... I apparently am not powerful enough. I NEED MORE PERMISSIONS! However, it probably is for the best that I don't have too much power. No, I wouldn't go mad with it as many of you would think. Rather, my inclination to tweak and modify the minute settings and code would likely bring Almost Smart crumbling to its knees, unintentionally of course. And then only the man with the MySQL and PHP knowledge and access could fix it.

Perhaps I shall go back and meditate on this.

-=-=-=-

I digress. Yes folks, remember to PM Mud with your votes.

And since we won't be cluttering this thread up with votes and what-not, let's clutter it up with posts! Go on! Advertise yourselves! Sell yourselves! Whore yourselves out for that vote you oh-so-desire!

Just don't vote me as a malaprop for the treacle cashew mints are most benign for anyone: from the most framing majordomo to the bushiest thespian!
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 12-21-2008   #7
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pitcairnpete

Surely you can not vote for yourself!

pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #8
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pitcairnpete

My "whore yourself post" is...

Go fuck yourself everyone and have a good xmas.

pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #9
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

jason, you treat your mod job like a real job. lol.
Old 12-21-2008   #10
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

I forgot to add- THANK YOU Mudpuppet for engineering all of this, and counting the votes.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #11
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

yea, i've already told him this has been "fun". but thanks, mud!
Old 12-22-2008   #12
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

mud, you got all my points if i run the table and win all the awards i am up for, whether actually or the "al gore i just magically found 3 hundred extra chads" way
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #13
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Quote:
Originally Said by poopy View Post
mud, you got all my points if i run the table and win all the awards i am up for, whether actually or the "al gore i just magically found 3 hundred extra chads" way
Good thing I don't care about points :D

Anyways, Jason feel free to read whoever's PM's you want if that makes you feel better about your weight

<3
Old 12-22-2008   #14
EmperorChaos

Even administrators can't read PMs.

Anyway, I was on a bunch of uppers earlier and was all speedy... you should see what I did to one of my computers...

And tomorrow I'll have to fix it.
-=-=-=-
Old 12-22-2008   #15
Dammmmn

1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Jazzy J View Post
jason, you treat your mod job like a real job. lol.
...well, it is his real job.
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #16
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

come on Jazmine... as if no one knew, this is his real life.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #17
EmperorChaos

Considering how little I post on the forum these days and how much nonsense the two of you love to spew forth, maybe you should consider making this forum your career.
-=-=-=-
Old 12-22-2008   #18
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

lol they have day jobs.
Old 12-23-2008   #19
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

No thanks EC. I pass on your advice, I've already seen what it's done to you.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #20
Demonica
Hormonal for life!

Demonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond reputeDemonica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Demonica Send a message via Skype™ to Demonica

I looked in another thread where FP posted the active only members in a certain time frame. I wasn't on that list! It's no surprise that I didn't make the nominations. It was a sad day in Monica's life. LOL

Well, She is!
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote