Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 08-10-2011   #1
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pitcairnpete
The london Riots.. and some bigger news

Oh MY GOD! some kids have decided to join together and rob some shops in London....

Well, how dare they do that, say the kids in the north of england and the midlands. We will do it too. Did you hear they set fire to a shop, we should burn some shops too! It will show them who is boss.

Where does it end?

Some dick in Birmingham (Midlands - mid england) has been a total fuckwad and driven in to three (history degree - if a number is under 20 always write it in words I am told under the harvard convention lol) people and killed them.

I ask you, if it were to take place in the US of A how would you respond?

(I have a new fish tank, pics on way)

MOST IMPORTANTLY

How are you all?

pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #2
Blackass
groingrabbingly good!

Blackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Blackass
Re: The london Riots.. and some bigger news

This probably wouldn't last too long because people in cities, particularly shopkeepers and criminals, have guns. So there would be a lot more murders but it would die down pretty quick.
Blackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #3
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute

More would be dead as you do have guns, inlcuding kids?

Old 08-10-2011   #4
Blackass
groingrabbingly good!

Blackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Especially the criminally minded, which seem to be the main type you're dealing with.
Old 08-11-2011   #5
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

we dont have riots in the usa, we're civilized

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #6
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

With a Z I see and an electric chair?

Old 08-12-2011   #7
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by pitcairnpete View Post
I ask you, if it were to take place in the US of A how would you respond?
It depends on where a riot were to break out and how many people were involved. But for the most part, what Bleed Black said.

Quote:
Originally Said by pitcairnpete View Post
With a Z I see and an electric chair?

Actually, the -ize is the correct Oxford spelling. I can't stand that French -ise crap.

I suppose you realize that you are wrong now. Please don't take offence. I didn't mean to be offensive.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011   #8
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't there already "flash mobs" attacking people/looting at random somewhere in the US?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14466369
David- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011   #9
Blackass
groingrabbingly good!

Is that intended to be a counterpoint to the assertion that riots like those in London wouldn't last in the US?
Old 08-19-2011   #10
Comrade Marx

Comrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond reputeComrade Marx has a reputation beyond repute

200 Londoners riots over the death of a man shot by the police - riot police resotred order in 1 week and 5 people die
100,000 Vancoverians riot over the loss of a hockey game - riot police put the riot down in 1 night and no one gets killed

Is it just me or does British police suck at crowd control
Comrade Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011   #11
HauntedMike
fear the hangover fairy

Location: Monifieth, Round-the-corner-from-the-place, Scotland
HauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divineHauntedMike is divine
Send a message via MSN to HauntedMike Send a message via Yahoo to HauntedMike

That, or they're held back by mindless bureaucracy...

-Mike
Old 08-22-2011   #12
SpudNuts
Just Bubblin'

SpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to SpudNuts

Quote:
Originally Said by Comrade Marx View Post
200 Londoners riots over the death of a man shot by the police - riot police resotred order in 1 week and 5 people die
100,000 Vancoverians riot over the loss of a hockey game - riot police put the riot down in 1 night and no one gets killed

Is it just me or does British police suck at crowd control
It was a wee tad more than 200. and not just in London.

Point stands though.

OR Vancoverians suck at rioting.

Alba gu brąth
SpudNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011   #13
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

hmm? is it a riot if no one gets killed or hurt? or is it then, just a convention? lol

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 08-25-2011   #14
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute

They were out on a "public order" protest control type order so they were trying to box imaginary protestors instead of arresting people for nicking things. Their excuse is they lost some experienced officers over phone hacking but its ok theyre hiring Bill Bratton US supercop to fix things cause hes done a great job of stopping violence in America
David- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011   #15
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

better watch out he doesn't clean out all of parliment lol

we'll be taking over by force

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina