Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Marijuana etc...

Marijuana etc... Marijuana, shrooms, tobacco, beer. Wanna get high?

View Poll Results: Legalise Cannabis?
Yes 26 78.79%
No 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2003   #1
Sweathog
Experienced Member

Sweathog is doing greatSweathog is doing great
Legalise Cannabis

How many people think Cannabis should be legalised, and why or why not?

I'm back, motherfuckers!

See what I see...
Sweathog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003   #2
Zero
Super Moderator

Zero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Zero
Don't even get me started on this. If marijuana was legalized, the government would recieve a ton of money through taxes, and a lot of time/money would be saved in the justice system. Police could use their time to go after the REAL criminals, rather than some stoner. Alcohol is 10x worse than smoking up, and it is legal.

I think that the United States should first de-criminalize marijuana for a while, and then legalize it.

Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003   #3
INCUBUS
Cave ab homine unius libri

INCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of light
I know Canada was think about legalizing it. But of course they were catching flak from our government. I think zero is right.

"That which doesn't kill us... only makes us stronger."

"Oh well... whatever... nevermind."
INCUBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003   #4
ThSwam

ThSwam is on a distinguished road
It really depends on what the stoner is doing. If they are driving while high it's just as dangerous as drinking and driving. It depends on the situation.
ThSwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003   #5
ThSwam

ThSwam is on a distinguished road
It really depends on what the stoner is doing. If they are driving while high it's just as dangerous as drinking and driving. It depends on the situation.
ThSwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003   #6
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth
I don't even smoke marijuana, but I'm with Zero on this one.

ThSwam, someone who is stoned is a less dangerous driver than someone who is drunk. Being on weed tends to make people drive very slowly, and it doesn't impair your judgement like alcohol does. Plus, you never hear about someone getting stoned and then beating up on his wife.
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003   #7
Zero
Super Moderator

Zero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by ThSwam
I agree that this is partially true when talking about someone not experienced with smoking up, but it is definently nothing in comparison to a drunk driver...anyone who would make that comparison has never been drunk or high.

Anyway, the solution to this is legalizing (or decriminalizing) it. If you were more free to smoke in your home or outside, there would be a lot less smoking while driving.

Old 01-16-2003   #8
Zero
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by bilbo
I know Canada was think about legalizing it. But of course they were catching flak from our government. I think zero is right.
Oh yeah - Canada was thinking about something to de-criminalize marijuana recently...meaning you would pretty much get something similar to parking ticket...unless you had over a zone.

Old 01-16-2003   #9
INCUBUS

INCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of light
Not to mention when your stoned driving 25 mph seems more like 65. You get so fucking paranoid if you see a cop that you stop twice at a red light.

Old 01-16-2003   #10
I_Like_M75s

I_Like_M75s is just really niceI_Like_M75s is just really nice
Don't make me come over there and smack you upside the head.
I_Like_M75s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003   #11
Sweathog
Experienced Member

What you chatting about?

I'm back, motherfuckers!

See what I see...
Old 01-16-2003   #12
ems21
Elite Member

ems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond repute
M75 has never even tried mj. He thinks he's above everyone else.

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner who needed it most?" - Mark Twain

Keep in touch with old friends on www.myspace.com
Visit My Website
Visit My Space
ems21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003   #13
Sweathog
Experienced Member

I was so stressed yesterday I had a joint after I'd done my homework. (I go to a boarding school)

I'm back, motherfuckers!

See what I see...
Old 01-22-2003   #14
simonf
Newbie Member

simonf is on a distinguished road
blow should definitely be legalised. if it was legalised there wouldnt be shit happennin to people because of debts with drug dealers cause it would all over the counter. anyway if it was good enough for bob marley then why the fuck dont we all smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003   #15
Blood Red
Bleed to the red

Blood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond repute
IM MOVING TO CANADA, fuck off USA
Old 01-22-2003   #16
freshgurl60

freshgurl60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to freshgurl60 Send a message via Yahoo to freshgurl60
Legalize it? You know why the government is never going to right? Because they have no way to cantorl it i mean you could do it in your back yard!!!
Old 01-22-2003   #17
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy
i agree
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003   #18
freshgurl60

freshgurl60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to freshgurl60 Send a message via Yahoo to freshgurl60
i am glad you agree
Old 01-23-2003   #19
Penie
i love kali more than carrots

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Penie
its far better than alcohol, its great.

on the driving thing, i know somene that was going at 3 mph thinking they were doing a hundred, and got stopped by the police and kept apologising for speeding
Old 01-24-2003   #20
INCUBUS

I have to agree, no hangover, no what the fuck did I do last night? Pot is far less damaging to your body than alcohol.