Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 01-12-2003   #1
zer0tonight
Well Known Member

zer0tonight has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to zer0tonight
Zwan

What do y'all think of zwan? in my personal case, they kinda suck compared to Smashing Pumpkins. Maybe its just me and my friends...or maybe there are some of you out here that dont really like them..
Old 01-12-2003   #2
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Zwan will never live up to the classic smashing pumpkins

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003   #3
Joismad
Newbie Member

Joismad is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Joismad
i've heard Zwans "honestly" and i hated it. i change the station every timeit comes on. billy made a mistake. i never really liked the smashing pumpkins tht much but i liked em more than zwan
Joismad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003   #4
ThSwam

ThSwam is on a distinguished road
I haven't heard enough of zwan to compare them to the pumpkins.
ThSwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003   #5
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy
Zwan is just about the worst new band out there. they aren't that good and they are riding on corgan's success. otherwise they would be unknowns.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003   #6
zer0tonight
Well Known Member

score! So im not the only one out here that really dislikes zwan. That seriously just made my day! Im so pathetic....
Old 01-15-2003   #7
Sweathog
Experienced Member

Sweathog is doing greatSweathog is doing great
Who the fuck are Zwan?
Are they like some shitty remainders of a band band like Audioslave (RATM plus the singer from Soundgarden I think it was?)

I'm back, motherfuckers!

See what I see...
Sweathog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003   #8
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks
i like the name ZWAN!
Rock ur socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003   #9
zer0tonight
Well Known Member

Zwan are not anything like audioslave. They are a soft soft smashing pumpkins...in a way that ruins the name of smashing pumpkins... Billy ruined it...its sad how they have turned out o well.
Old 01-16-2003   #10
Sweathog
Experienced Member

Sweathog is doing greatSweathog is doing great
So they are nothing whatsoever to do with Smashing Pumpkins?

I'm back, motherfuckers!

See what I see...
Sweathog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003   #11
BigAppleTV
Newbie Member

BigAppleTV is on a distinguished road
ZWAN! That tragic mess that should never of been cleaned up in the first place. Billy RETIRE! You are the butt of your own jokes! You are everything that you preached against in your crappy songs! If I could only meet you in public I would take the $72.34 I wasted on your CDs, kick you in the nuts (if you had any), and draw a penis on your ugly, oval, bald, shiny, stubly, empty head with a permanent rainbow marker...come out of your vampire closet and stake yourself!
ZWAN = Smashing Pumpkins (Still Talentless)
BigAppleTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003   #12
chrono
Well Known Member

chrono has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to chrono
Billy Corgan should be shot
Old 01-21-2003   #13
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones
I hate Smashing Pumkins and if Zwan is anything like them, then I hate them too.
Indiana Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003   #14
zer0tonight
Well Known Member

aww!

Poor smashing pumpkins!! Zwan is nothing like smashing pumpkins but ok. Like I said before , they are a really soft and mellow and boring and suck. Sometimes, I wish Billy would just die on the tour bus or have someone stop this whole Zwan movement. Too bad that people like zwan only because of Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin, if they even like Jimmy.
Old 01-21-2003   #15
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
what is sad is that corgan is the only reason they are played on the radio. if they sounded exactly the same they would be unknowns. sad really that some of us can be such whores to the music industry
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
Old 01-21-2003   #16
zer0tonight
Well Known Member

Haha, yes thats true. Too bad the world can be how it is sometimes. Its like blinks new band or whatever, i know some people who like it but i have always hated blink and even the other band with some band member from blink. Music can be sad lately. Not all music but some.
Old 01-21-2003   #17
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

try out 30 seconds to mars. they are good.
Old 01-21-2003   #18
zer0tonight
Well Known Member

yay!

I am on the street team for 30 seconds to mars! wow that is weird. I have some stickers left a shirt. And a bracelet I got for free. Have you heard of the Exies? they are also a good band.
Old 01-23-2003   #19
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones
I like Thirty Seconds to Mars. I haven't heard to much from them, but i liked what I've already heard.
Indiana Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003   #20
HawkEye56

HawkEye56 should be rewarded
Send a message via AIM to HawkEye56

for some reason when i first saw the zwan video, i thought it was just an old or really bad smashing pumpkins video (lets see: theres Jimmy, a female bassist and not to mention the guitarist looks just like James Iha)
the song's ok, but nothin compared to Smashing Pumpkins in their prime.

HawkEye56 is offline   Reply With Quote