Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 06-16-2003   #21
Blood Red
Bleed to the red

Blood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond repute
yeh, have you even tried skateboarding Daniel ?

and when i say "tried" that doesnt mean standing on the board in your front lawn....
Old 06-16-2003   #22
Thrice
Identity Crisis

Thrice is on a distinguished road
if you just starting right now, your defianantly just doing it to get attention. I would never even think about football. thats not cool

http://www.youtube.com/theskrilla19
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003   #23
fear factory
Trainee Member

fear factory is on a distinguished road
Sk8 boarding is a sport hell watch Espn or Espn2 its on there I also am a Sk8er myself and your friend is fool of shit.
fear factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003   #24
Daniel
Well Known Member

Daniel is just really niceDaniel is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Daniel
ESPN also covers the National Spelling B championships, so don't even go there. Yea I used to use a skateboard as a means of travel when I was 5, then I discovered skates, much more efficent. That progressed into some 'aggresive inline' which also got boring fast. Then I discovered hockey. Why is football not cool, because it takes a whole lot of athletic ability? Seems like skateboarding is turning into soccer, only doing it because you are not able to play real sports.

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003   #25
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones
Hey don't go making fun of soccer now, you dildo blader. Soccer involves much more skill than football. In football, there is a play that last 10-30 seconds, then there's usually a time out for some fag playing grab ass or something with the other players. A one hour game should not take four fucking hours! Soccer is quick paced over 40 minute halves. There are barely any time outs, and we don't play with each others cocks or asses. The game last as long as there supposed to: 90 minutes. It doesn't take much skill to throw a fucking ball a couple yards. But it does take skill to dribble a ball with your feet 100 yards down a field, trying to fake out your opponents. Soccer is the most widely played sport in the world. Football is only in America, and they stole the name. Everyone else calls soccer football.
Indiana Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003   #26
Daniel
Well Known Member

Do you know why it is the most popular sport in the world? It only takes a ball, thats it, you spend $5 and you have a game. That is why most of the great players come from poorer nations.

If you think football is easy, your very very 'unsmart'. Quarterbacks have the hardest job in any sport, they have to read a field in about 2 secs, make a decision and throw the ball, all while waiting to get drilled by a 300+ lbs man. Running backs have screens to set, blocks to pick up and so on and try to run a recievers route.

Ever notice retarted kids playing football, no, they can play soccer though. It is just that simple. And soccer is not quick paced, corner kicks, throw ins, nap time. Plus its for girls, who wants to play a sport where you can't use your hands or knock someone down without getting a card.

I remember a story about some big time Euro soccer 'star' shopping in Beverly Hills and he asked the store manager to close the store so he could shop. The manager laughed at him, said he didn't know who he was. In America we don't play soccer, we suck at it, because we have real sports to play. So know something about a sport if your going to bash it, cuz you know nothing about football. I know plenty about soccer...

Old 06-17-2003   #27
Dammmmn

1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute
Your very close minded Daniel, and you sound like a football whore. Quit arguing just for the sake of arguing, people have their opinions on what is the best sport, so let it be.
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003   #28
Breegalad

Breegalad has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to Breegalad
ok daniel, now im getting pissed off, ther was a leage. the leage died because skateboarding died. and now your gonna say, "well now, see! it died! it must suck 'cause it died." I think its about time you were educated.
I have researched the history of skateboarding, laugh if you want but it is, infact, very interesting. now, i understand that you do not want to hear every little detail like when the ollie was invented and such but one thing you must know is this: every ten years or so skateboarding has gone through a drop in particapation. this decline often lasts a few years or so before it picks up again. the decline has always been rather hard on the SPORT but in 1989 it hit perticularly hard. Not enough people were skating and there were no compations. and so there was no need for the leage. ever sence then skateboarding has been digging itself out of a hole, and this past year, the decline was less then ever before...

daniel, we are coming back... there is nothing you can do about it.

The only thing I recall is Those shadows coming my way Comforting me with their searchlights To guide me home again“We will take, We will take That wretched heart away And when you come to You’ll thank us For the new you we’ve made”
Breegalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003   #29
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel
Do you know why it is the most popular sport in the world? It only takes a ball, thats it, you spend $5 and you have a game. That is why most of the great players come from poorer nations.

If you think football is easy, your very very 'unsmart'. Quarterbacks have the hardest job in any sport, they have to read a field in about 2 secs, make a decision and throw the ball, all while waiting to get drilled by a 300+ lbs man. Running backs have screens to set, blocks to pick up and so on and try to run a recievers route.

Ever notice retarted kids playing football, no, they can play soccer though. It is just that simple. And soccer is not quick paced, corner kicks, throw ins, nap time. Plus its for girls, who wants to play a sport where you can't use your hands or knock someone down without getting a card.

I remember a story about some big time Euro soccer 'star' shopping in Beverly Hills and he asked the store manager to close the store so he could shop. The manager laughed at him, said he didn't know who he was. In America we don't play soccer, we suck at it, because we have real sports to play. So know something about a sport if your going to bash it, cuz you know nothing about football. I know plenty about soccer...
first off, your a very narrow minded fool, for saying this stupid shit, 'football' as you call is nothing more than a rip off of rugby which was around long before......and another thing why call it football at all,you primarily use your hands to carry the ball not your feet, and you go on to say that football is not easy, and that you have to read the field, judge passes and dodge 300+ lbs men well my friend you have to do all this in soccer as well (well all without the 300+ lbs men).....
Old 06-17-2003   #30
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones
Nice point, Psychosis. I've gotten knocked out by a goalie, tripped bad enough to send me flying five feet in the air, stepped on, elbowed, and more. You call that a pussy sport, Daniel? Hell no! We only have shin guards to protect us from minor kicks to the shins, nothing to save out ass from elbows flying in your face. "Football" fags have helmets, Shoulder pads,thigh pads, butt pads (if that's not pansy, I don't know what is). OOoo I fell down and hurt my bottom, mommy. Can you kiss it to make it feel better?
Old 06-17-2003   #31
Blood Red
Bleed to the red

Blood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond repute
lmfao, shin pads ? you fucking pussies !
Old 06-17-2003   #32
Daniel
Well Known Member

Ok run over the middle of the field once, let a defensive back drill you in the chest with your hands up in the air going full speed, then tell me if those pads helped that. You would never speak of football as a pussy sport anymore.

Soccer plays develop much slower, the field is alot bigger and everyone on the field is eligable. You simply do not know the facts or haven't played football. I have played both, football is way harder. Getting hit in the face with a ball is no picnic, but I have been put in a hospital twice for having my heartrate altered from a hit in football and a puck hitting me in the chest with no pads.

Soccer will never be a mainstay sport in this country, it is boring, slow and very low scoring. The only good thing about it is the riots and they only happen outside the states. How much does Coby Jones or Tony Miola make in a year? I think A-Rod makes as much in one game. And every injury you get in soccer, is a 'every game' thing in hockey, the sport simply demands you not cry about it. Call me when you get an open shoulder block in soccer.

Old 06-18-2003   #33
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

What's your number?
Old 06-21-2003   #34
normanseg3
Newbie Member

normanseg3 is on a distinguished road
skateboarding is a sport because physical harm can be done to people by falling not only that it is considered an extreme sport
normanseg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003   #35
Thrice
Identity Crisis

Thrice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by normanseg3
skateboarding is a sport because physical harm can be done to people by falling not only that it is considered an extreme sport
NOOOOOOO! This really bothers me. Skateboarding has no rules, no coaches, no team, no leauges. its just a hobbie. Its something to do while you pass the time with your friends. If the only skateboarding you know is ESPN and the XGames, you hre mistaken. TRUE skateboarding is on the street.

http://www.youtube.com/theskrilla19
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003   #36
Kody
Newbie Member

Kody is on a distinguished road
skateboarding is most definately a sport. alot of time, effort and technique is required to do it. it is a sport, only not a team sport.
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003   #37
razmella
Well Known Member

razmella has made a few great posts
Send a message via Yahoo to razmella
ok i have never skateboarded but i know its a sport. You have to take determination of your mind and about the hitting thing in football.Think about skateboarding,what happens when you fall. You can get hurt in alot of sports. Football is extremly boring.I dont see why people watch it.They only go to a football game because theres cheerleaders or to talk with friends at a local game. Skateboarding involves Tons of movement and it is true football doesnt take that much. If football was a good sport explain to me why tons of overweight football players never get skinnier? explain that?
Old 06-23-2003   #38
Breegalad

Breegalad has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to Breegalad
Hey Thrice, i appreciate that fact that you support skateboarding but i think you dont know what the hell your talking about. 1st, there are rules: Keep your butt off the ground while flien' up in the air and landing on a board with 4 wheels and sliping off. 2nd, there are coaches: yourself. 3rd there is a team:you and your board, if you do work the board right ya land on your ass. 4th, the was a leauge: The Offical Skateboarding Leauge (or something along those lines...) 5th, What about football and soccer and tennis and all those other sprots, arent those hobbies? 6th, what about BMX bikin'? hmm?
The only thing I recall is Those shadows coming my way Comforting me with their searchlights To guide me home again“We will take, We will take That wretched heart away And when you come to You’ll thank us For the new you we’ve made”
Breegalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003   #39
anderson
Newbie Member

anderson is on a distinguished road

hello
skateboarding is my passion. I'm verry good and I earned a few prices. -xxx-jes me
anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003   #40
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Bree 'o Punk
what about BMX bikin'? hmm?
what BMX biking are we talking about here? , the 'true' bmx biking which is race based or the one in which people like matt hoffman and others are associated?