Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 03-01-2004   #1
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Congratulations to Lord of the Rings

Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings: Return of the King broke and tied several records tonight when it won all 11 of the awards it was nominated for. Among them:

* Broke the record for winning all of the Oscars a file was nominated for. The previous record holders where "Gigi" (1958) and "The Last Emperor" (1988) with 9 nominations and awards each.

* Tied the record for most Oscars with "Ben-Hur" (1959) and "Titanic" (1997).

* First ever fantasy film to win Best Picture.

Peter Jackson definitely deserves recognition for adapting Tolkien's classic epic, and I'm glad the academy finally decided to recognize him after all three films were released.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004   #2
Daniel
Well Known Member

Daniel is just really niceDaniel is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Daniel
Haha, I have never seen any of these movies nor do I want to. These kind of movies are no good, they were no good after the original Star Wars movies. But I guess it is was good if it won 11 awards.

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004   #3
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Re: Congratulations to Lord of the Rings

You should, I hadn't read the books until I saw the movies. They encouraged me to go out and get the ~1200 page complete set. If I wasn't so busy, I still wouldn't be slowly getting through The Fellowship.

Dates are few and far between for me, but I've had two sorta-first dates when I saw the two towers and return of the king, so I guess they bring me luck.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004   #4
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks

It only won so much cus there were only crappy movies to compete against this year...
yuk yuk yuk @ all best picture movies...

Charlize Theron deserves a million oscars for having the that nasty, nasty role in Monster. Anyone else see this disturbing movie?
Rock ur socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004   #5
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that Lord of the Rings was due an Oscar, but I was a little disappointed that there were no surprise winners this year. I love surprises! Last year it was great that Adrian Brody won Best Actor!
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004   #6
jayhay0
Old & Wise Member

jayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to jayhay0

it wasnt the 76th Academy Awards, it was the 76th Lord of the Rings Awards.....

Charlize Theron was sexy as hell, good god! As was Angelina Jolie....

And I gotta see Mystic River, its obviously good.
Old 03-01-2004   #7
rawr_guy_rawr
Well Known Member

rawr_guy_rawr has a spectacular aura aboutrawr_guy_rawr has a spectacular aura aboutrawr_guy_rawr has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to rawr_guy_rawr Send a message via MSN to rawr_guy_rawr Send a message via Yahoo to rawr_guy_rawr

I must say that was impressive that Lord Of The Rings won all 11 it was nominated for. As some movie critics have suggested, I would also agree with giving Peter Jackson a special award for his achievement in this trilogy. Also If I were some of the cast/crew I might just retire after that movie, since every movie they do from here on out will be based (in quality) upon Lord of The Rings.

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. Walden

rawr_guy_rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004   #8
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

yes but they could out do themselves if new line decides to bring them all back for the hobbit. which is going to be made, how could they afford not to make it?

honestly though, i am just happy they put the acting oscars in the right place. screw murray, penn had it all in mystic river.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004   #9
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

little off topic but any one else think Bill Murray was robbed for best actor, i saw "Lost in Translation" and it was great definetly robbed
Old 03-02-2004   #10
rawr_guy_rawr
Well Known Member

rawr_guy_rawr has a spectacular aura aboutrawr_guy_rawr has a spectacular aura aboutrawr_guy_rawr has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to rawr_guy_rawr Send a message via MSN to rawr_guy_rawr Send a message via Yahoo to rawr_guy_rawr

I do agree with that.. he should have won best actor

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. Walden

rawr_guy_rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004   #11
Jagged
Live, Love, Laugh.

Jagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jagged

I liked the movies and i think they diserved every last award.

Jagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004   #12
OutRadge
superman that hoe

OutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost Smart
Send a message via AIM to OutRadge Send a message via MSN to OutRadge Send a message via Yahoo to OutRadge

yes... i love lord of the rings.. i think their 3 movies are awsome! they sure do diserve them awards ;)
OutRadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004   #13
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

To rebut. murray's character was part himself and the rest was sofia coppola's writting (which she won a screenplay oscar for). see murray's character was straight from a script and part himself. but sean penn's character showed emotion and best, it was believable. please some one show me how to write what penn did for his character.bill muary was out of his league in that category. the oscars went to the right places. coppola created a likeable character and penn acted spot-on with the several ranges of emotion his character called for.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004   #14
Higgins
mudpuppet is colored

Higgins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Higgins Send a message via Yahoo to Higgins

Quote:
Originally Said by poopy
To rebut. murray's character was part himself and the rest was sofia coppola's writting (which she won a screenplay oscar for). see murray's character was straight from a script and part himself. but sean penn's character showed emotion and best, it was believable. please some one show me how to write what penn did for his character.bill muary was out of his league in that category. the oscars went to the right places. coppola created a likeable character and penn acted spot-on with the several ranges of emotion his character called for.
All the clips I saw of Penn from Mystic River was of him crying like a freakin baby. 'cos if thats what you call several ranges of emotion,Murray shoulda gotten it.
Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004   #15
Jagged
Live, Love, Laugh.

Jagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jagged

I Hatesesssesss those hobbittisessssss!*Snarles* hehe golum rocks

Jagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004   #16
Zesty
Needs to confirm E-mail address

Zesty is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Zesty

Hey.. That was a good movie.
Zesty is offline   Reply With Quote