Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 10-09-2014   #41
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: Roll Call

Oh Jenn, you're just a sweet girl.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014   #42
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

Kortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond repute

I felt it was necessary after that last gif.

Fully alive
And she knows how to believe
In futures.
Kortenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014   #43
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
Oh Jenn, you're a cool chick.
Fixed it for you.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014   #44
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

See what I mean? That's sweet :)

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 10-20-2014   #45
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Funk*Sonic*7 View Post
The site has been stagnant for so long, because new people can't even register into it anymore. It's set up where if and when somebody tries to join, the get a message stating this site is not allowing new members right now. It's been like that for a while now.
Oh? I never knew that. I wonder if the admins are waiting for us all to get lives and abandon Almost Smart so they can reclaim the space on the servers and use it for something else.

Poor Almost Smart. Your creator is waiting anxiously for your death. Aww.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AlmostSmart - NoMoreMembers.JPG (21.9 KB, 34 views)

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014   #46
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

I wonder if that was EC's doing...

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 10-24-2014   #47
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt it. Not even EC can pull admin privileges out of his ass... I think? Hmm.

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014   #48
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

who knows, he probably begged weasel to close off the registration.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 10-25-2014   #49
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think the reason registration was disabled had to do with the spammers; at one point, there were so many of them every day that the number of spam bots / posts was untenable. So, I think that's why. I think Weasel actually disabled it because of how out of control it was getting and so it wouldn't be an issue anymore. The poor side effect is, of course, that no new REAL members can sign up now.

So, I think that's how that went. I might be wrong. I'm working from an infamously faulty memory. :)

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014   #50
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

lol I didn't ask for a perfectly reasonable explanation ZP. I wanna blame ec for it that f b lol

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 11-23-2014   #51
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute

Lost my phone and had to go into a Hotmail account that I'd forgot I even had to verify my Apple ID so I can GPS the thing and find where it is but apparently it's gonna be in a pawn shop somewhere before the verification mail ever arrives.
Anyway saw an email in there saying I had a PM on here from someone from last May asking if I'm still alive and yeah I'm still alive so there ya go and I'll just go and vanish again now :P
David- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014   #52
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

lol It was probably me.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 12-03-2014   #53
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Yeah, I had nothing to do with disabling registration but...

...it's possible that I could give weasel code or a script that he could upload to his server. Whenever a user attempts to register, it would compare the IP address to those collected by something like Project Honey Pot, and if the IP is found to be blacklisted (most likely a spambot), then the bot cannot move forward in the registration process. That is, the server would refuse all future connection attempts. Additionally, the script would scan for open proxies and refuse connections if an IP is found to be using them. Most IRC networks do this whenever you connect to them, and it's not terribly uncommon for some websites to do the same.

Example:

-Notice- {from peer} For network safety, your client is being scanned for open proxies by scanner.rizon.net (80.65.51.221). This scan will not harm your computer.

That being said, some very serious spammers likely pay for a premium proxy or VPN service so the occasional spambot would get through, register, and post like we've seen before... but not nearly to the extent that it used to be. Instead it might happen 1 or 2 times a month.

-=-=-

Of course, this would depend on whether Weasel is willing to go through the slight hassle of the configuration. And LARGELY dependent on if I bother to look up how to compare a visiting IP to a regularly updated blacklist AND write the scripts for it. (The Open Proxies scan is fairly straightforward and I have access to the code that Rizon uses to check for them.)
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014   #54
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Just open it back up. Why was it even closed in the first place?

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 12-08-2014   #55
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute

Because spambots took over. There would be 15-16 on at a time and they'd make hundreds of posts. Very annoying to deal with.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-08-2014   #56
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Sir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Jenn and tonic View Post
Because spambots took over. There would be 15-16 on at a time and they'd make hundreds of posts. Very annoying to deal with.
That would be entertaining to see, though. A bunch of spam bots trying to convince each other that they're human while selling themselves penis enlargement pills.
Old 12-08-2014   #57
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Mostly it was Wow gold or whatever.
Old 12-09-2014   #58
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Ah man, I had the perfect answer to my question when I wrote it 3 days ago. I can't remember it now, but I'm pretty sure yall can guess....

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina