Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 03-13-2014   #21
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: it's 56 degrees and pouring rain

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
Nope. There ain't no puddles here. It's freakin hot today. I don't understand why people need it to be 70 degrees or 75 fucking degrees hot inside the mother fuckin building with no fucking windows for ventilation! What the fuck is that? I don't understand. I need that shit cool, down to 69 or lower. Put that shit in the 60's. If you're cold, that's why you brought a fucking jacket this cold ass morning you ass. Shit pisses me off. We don't live in the mountains. Why's everyone so fucking cold all the fucking time? Bad circulation? What's going on? What the fuck? You're 98 degrees inside your body. If you weren't you'd be dying lol.
shit
Funny. All the expletives and the sentiment behind them = Funny. Your anger is just so intense. Not that I disagree with you: In a "climate-controlled environment" (A.K.A. inside), it would make more sense and be fairer for the heat-impaired people to adjust their wardrobe, rather than make everyone else suffer and smolder. Your ire is just amusing.

I'm confused, though. Are you saying that 70F or 75F degrees is hot, indoors and outdoors? What's the hottest it actually gets in Cal-i-forn-i-a?

Here, in Wisconsin, we barely get a Spring, we sometimes barely get a Fall (though those are, IMHO, the loveliest of seasons). I should say, the Wisconsin climate has intense and unpredictable mood swings: Some years, we do barely get a Spring or Fall and "Spring" consists of two or three tolerable days during the non-transition between gangrene-beguiling cold (-40F - with windchill) and boil-blossoming heat (100F +). Then, other years, we get a prolonged and temperate Spring and milder winters. Summers always seem to be swelteringly hot here, though. I hate summer because I hate heat. I would take this wintry wasteland any day, if I had to choose.

And now you know that winter will ALWAYS triumph, because summer is dumb.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #22
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

ZANA!!

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #23
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Funny. All the expletives and the sentiment behind them = Funny. Your anger is just so intense. Not that I disagree with you: In a "climate-controlled environment" (A.K.A. inside), it would make more sense and be fairer for the heat-impaired people to adjust their wardrobe, rather than make everyone else suffer and smolder. Your ire is just amusing.
LOL SOrry I've been drinking again. Or was.
Since you point it out, I did cuss a lot there. It's good though. And I am being funny. But kind of serious. I dont get why people want it hot and stuffy? How can they move? I sit there all pissed off because I'm hot. I'm taking care of that though. Moving on.

How hot does it get? Hottest I can remember is 91 degrees at one point during the day. LOL It usually reaches about 79-80's during the summer. Or winter. It doesn't fucking matter. lol MOnty Python, Winter turned into Spring. Spring turned to Summer. Summer into Winter. Then came Spring and went weird skipping both Summer and Fall and went right on into WInter.
Anyways, I dunno. Today must have been 75. Probably 73 to be on the safe side. lol Fuckin a you fuckin love it!
The sun is hot though. It doesn't feel like 75 if you're in the shade. It's great in the shade.
Sometimes it drops to 40 degrees at like 4am. But by 730am, it's heating up. I was up the grade in Westlake, and it was 30 degrees at 7am.

Down there though in the valley... Los Angeles and all those other cities around it, it's like 80-90 degrees. That shit sucks.

It's most of the time great weather here. You could go to the beach everyday. Some days not worry about sunblock. Other times it's that hazy sun getting through. All cloudy but you still get burned. Oh yeah, I guess I forgot to mention the beach is here. Like 15 minutes from my house. Probably 10 if I go fast. Edge of California. Fucking stupid traffic though.

To me 75 is hot enough. Especially with no fn air. 66 is cold enough that I don't have to wear a jacket.

To be quite honest, I don't want it at 70 degrees unless I'm outside.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."

Last edited by psychoDiablo; 03-14-2014 at 08:18 PM.
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014   #24
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
Nope. There ain't no puddles here. It's freakin hot today. I don't understand why people need it to be 70 degrees or 75 fucking degrees hot inside the mother fuckin building with no fucking windows for ventilation! What the fuck is that? I don't understand. I need that shit cool, down to 69 or lower. Put that shit in the 60's. If you're cold, that's why you brought a fucking jacket this cold ass morning you ass. Shit pisses me off. We don't live in the mountains. Why's everyone so fucking cold all the fucking time? Bad circulation? What's going on? What the fuck? You're 98 degrees inside your body. If you weren't you'd be dying lol.
shit
I'm with you. People can keep jackets in their cars or at work.

No sense in everyone suffering!

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Here, in Wisconsin, we barely get a Spring, we sometimes barely get a Fall (though those are, IMHO, the loveliest of seasons). I should say, the Wisconsin climate has intense and unpredictable mood swings: Some years, we do barely get a Spring or Fall and "Spring" consists of two or three tolerable days during the non-transition between gangrene-beguiling cold (-40F - with windchill) and boil-blossoming heat (100F +). Then, other years, we get a prolonged and temperate Spring and milder winters. Summers always seem to be swelteringly hot here, though. I hate summer because I hate heat. I would take this wintry wasteland any day, if I had to choose.
Spring is my least favorite season. All of the heat seems to come at once, and with it, the bugs. I know everything is regrowing and time to plant and that's lovely and all, but it just seems so droll. The only good thing about Spring is the winds, but you get those in Autumn too.

Anyway, don't move to coastal SC if you hate heat so much. I got a new window AC unit when it was on sale during the winter. I haven't installed it yet but I've already taken out the old one and trashed it. I need to stop procrastinating and install this new one. I know that, given time, I'll have no choice but to install it. And it's not like it's terribly hard, either.

But the temps here are already starting to reach the mid to upper 80s and when May hits and they're almost exclusively the upper 80s with a few 90+ days, well, yeah, I'll have that shit up and running.

Going from a 5000 BTU analog to 8000 BTU digital thermostat is going to be SWEEET. Or should I say... "Cool"?

Quote:
And now you know that winter will ALWAYS triumph, because summer is dumb.
Don't say that! Don't you watch A Game of Thrones? "Winter is Coming." You don't want the foul things that come with it to invade your lands.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014   #25
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

It's been near the 90's these past few days. Too much heat.

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-07-2014   #26
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

It has finally started getting nice here, but not 90. (That's 32C for all you who aren't from 'Murica.)

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #27
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Eh, it's back to normal now. lol Complain for a day.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 05-10-2014   #28
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a balmy 6 degrees outside here in Alberta.

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #29
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

lol 6? shit thats cold. Good luck.

How do you not own skates again?

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina