Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > The Blog

The Blog Post the crazy happenings in your life here. If it's interesting enough it may be moved to the main news page.

Old 07-22-2003   #1
Breegalad

Breegalad has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to Breegalad
Setting things of fire that you really shouldn't

the other day i decided to make some popcorn, bad idea. After i stuck the popcorn in the microwave i turned on the TV. It was gonna be one of those few nites where you FINALLY have the house to your self. I was gonna kick back, watch a little tv and eat popcorn, or, that was the plan...

about 2 min. after i started the popcorn my sister came home. I got a little distracted.... anter a little while i thought, "oh, my popcorn hasnt popped in a while, i better check it." God thing i did. When i looked in the microwaze i couldnt see the bag because of all the smoke! I pulled open the door while my sister grabed the bag and dumped it in the sink and ran cool water on the smoking black mess. It took us 20 minutes to get the popcorn to stop smokeing and the smoke out of the house...

One more note: We just had our kitchen remodled
The only thing I recall is Those shadows coming my way Comforting me with their searchlights To guide me home again“We will take, We will take That wretched heart away And when you come to You’ll thank us For the new you we’ve made”
Breegalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003   #2
Dg
Old & Wise Member

Dg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost Smart
Microwaves are evil, I once had a similar experience with crousants (spelling?), couldnt remember how long they normally go in for, so i wacked em on nuke for 10mins....took a long time for the smoke to clear.

On another note, i once sprayed butane on my desk and light it. Ill post some pics when ive got my pc online agian.
Christ, how many suicidal people do you know?! I mean, I've met a couple, but I never really pay attention to them because I figure if they were really suicidal, they'd be killing themselves instead of whining. It's the quiet ones you gotta worry about...
Dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003   #3
Nadine
Such a TEASE! *RAWR*

Nadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divine
Send a message via MSN to Nadine Send a message via Yahoo to Nadine
I used to live out in the middle of no where and we would burn some of our garbage every week. Well, my dad usually did that except for one time when he had my brother do it. That day while my brother was watching, he got bored and went inside to do something else. Next thing we knew, a twin flew out of the garbage can and lit a hill on fire RIGHT NEXT TO OUR HOUSE!!! He burnt about 6 acers or something like that. Pretty scary at the time because I was only a LITTLE kid. Now I look at it and it's pretty funny.

"And I hope that in time
You will eventually see
An oh so slight fondness
That you might have had once for me"
~me~

"I don't need SEX! Life FUCKS me whenever it can!"
~Unknown~
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003   #4
makilwen

makilwen should be rewarded
Send a message via AIM to makilwen
I always have candles burning in my room and my friend was over just lounging and playing with the flames, i look over see WAY too much fire. She had put a sheet of paper in the flame just for fun and she's yelling "I didn't think it would burn that fast!!" (it's paper dork what did you think?) so theres little pieces of flaming paper spraying all over my bed as she waves it in the air to get it to go out. -_-

~Hey baby, want a green card?
COLDLY PRACTICAL

"Omg, i've never seen a white chick in a Sari before!"
makilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003   #5
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle
i was dumb enough that i was eating some oil on the stove till it starged to smoke and smell really bad so i put under some water and the oil sprayed every where and scoled me im stupid
Old 07-23-2003   #6
Breegalad

Ive got a friend who's older brother set his leg on fire... yeah... my friend says he was too stupid to stop drop and roll. He didnt have any eyebrows for a month

It sounds like some thing i would do
The only thing I recall is Those shadows coming my way Comforting me with their searchlights To guide me home again“We will take, We will take That wretched heart away And when you come to You’ll thank us For the new you we’ve made”
Old 07-23-2003   #7
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
One time at my friends apartment we were burning one of those large diameter waxed candles..only we were throwing tons of matches in it so the whole top was on fire. Well eventually we decided it was getting a little out of hand so I got a glass of water to douse the flame. Well little did I know that water on burning wax does not mix as I pour the glass of water on it exploded and flames go up to the cieling almost burning my eyebrows off and setting off the fire alarm...lol

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003   #8
Liquid
Well Known Member

Liquid has a spectacular aura aboutLiquid has a spectacular aura aboutLiquid has a spectacular aura about
When I was a kid I used to pour Gasoline on the floor and set it on fire, it was pretty cool cause you could draw stuff with the gas. I did this at my friends garage, more then once we had to leave the garage cause it was filled with smoke. The last thing I set on fire was a grinding box, were I set 6 small fires and had my friend skate through it.... still have the video of it somewhere.....

What do you guys think is the best thing to set fire to?
Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003   #9
Grunt
Aye, very good

Grunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond repute
one winter me and my friend set fire..... to a SNOWBALL!!!!!!!!!

however thats not entirely true. we made a ice cream cone shape with a rounded top (so it could be held like an icecream) and sprayed deoderant all over the top of it and lit it.
wierd effect !!

one other time whilst camping. we were setting fire to patches of dry grass and one of my friends brought his sleeping bag over to me coz the zip was fucked on it.
a while after we stopped setting stuff on fire, i noticed that his sleeping bag looked a bit wierd. something hadn't stoped burning and had caught his sleeping bag, and whatever it was made of made the flame burn clear. hsi sleepingbag was a bit melted...nevermind the zip

Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003   #10
Gerbil 01
Bite me bitch!!

Gerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gerbil 01 Send a message via Yahoo to Gerbil 01
I set fire to my cousin's hair once on accident of course. He has some of the fiercest, wavy, red hair that I have ever seen, and he tries to keep it combed straight by using tons and tons of hair spray. (don't ask... I have no clue why he doesn't use gel) 3 4th of july's ago, we were shooting off some night works and I went to light a fountain for my little cousin because his dad wouldn't let him do it. So I had it lit... then turned around to walk away and accidentally kicked the wooden platform it was sitting on. That caused the fountain to tip sideways, which shot straight at my cousin causing his hair to burn for a sec or two. Made this nice, pretty blue flame. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't even apologize to him for 30 mins, then it was still hard to apologize while looking at his singed hair.

"Laughing at the ignorant, gullible, delusional, stupid, whining, and self righteous assholes... since 1982." *

*Disclaimer - If you read the above statement, and it offends you, then you'll know I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.*
Gerbil 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003   #11
Breegalad

My parent had to install a smoke detector in my room... and they comfascated my lighters... Fire pretty...
Old 07-23-2003   #12
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle
i was at this church thing and we had to light candels on these tables well i got to light it but i burned myself and threw the match down the entire table cloth went up in flames i got yelled at by my parents but everyone else just started laughing and no one cared about the 2nd degree burn i got from the fire
Old 07-23-2003   #13
TelexII
KomoriKage

TelexII has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to TelexII Send a message via MSN to TelexII Send a message via Yahoo to TelexII
Me and friends got bord one day so we decided to pull out some spray paint cans. The only color they had was gold. We lit it on fire and it turned the fire to a nice bright green!

Also another thing was when me and my neighbores where going to make smores over their dad's grill. It was fine untill my neighbore thought the flames where not high enough so he dumps a ton of gasoline on it. Just as expected it burst up causing the flames to almost touch the top of there garage so he decides to kick it over almost hitting his cousins car. While this was happening two out of 5 people there started mealting their chocolate over it while everyone else was looking for a hose. Finally they poured water on it to get it out and his parents never found out.

~*~
"Epic fail!" "NO, No Epic!"

TelexII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003   #14
SpAz
God is a sock.

SpAz has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to SpAz Send a message via MSN to SpAz Send a message via Yahoo to SpAz
i got bored one time when i was young. i found these sunglasses i broke under my bed. so i got my moms lighter and had fun with them.. very hard to melt though. i ended up getting a major headache from the fumes and going to sleep on the couch. my mom smelt it and thought something was up and asked me and i told her that terry(her friend) was burning shit out back and he got in trouble... lol
SpAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003   #15
TelexII
KomoriKage

Send a message via AIM to TelexII Send a message via MSN to TelexII Send a message via Yahoo to TelexII
lol! That's wrong Spaz! But it kept you out of trouble didn't it?

~*~

Old 07-24-2003   #16
Chris85
Well Known Member

Chris85 should be rewarded
One time I was home alone and hungry so I dug a sandwich with aluminum foil around it and forgot to take it off. I then set sandwich into the microwave and left. As soon as I left the kitchen, I heard a loud pop. I came back in and sparks were flying in the microwave and the sandwich had caught on fire. being the idiot I am in these kind of situations, I grabbed a paper towel to pick up the burning mass. So now I had a burning paper towel with the sandwich in my hand, the sink was on the other side of the kitchen so I quickly chucked it into the sink, ran over and poured water on it. The house smelt like smoke so I opened up all of the windows and sprayed air freshener. Surprisingly no one figured out that I started a fire at all.
Chris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003   #17
TelexII
KomoriKage

LOL! Smart one! You should know better than to put aluminim foil in the microwave!

~*~

Old 07-24-2003   #18
moocow44
Procrastination Street.

moocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbil 01
I set fire to my cousin's hair once on accident of course. He has some of the fiercest, wavy, red hair that I have ever seen, and he tries to keep it combed straight by using tons and tons of hair spray. (don't ask... I have no clue why he doesn't use gel) 3 4th of july's ago, we were shooting off some night works and I went to light a fountain for my little cousin because his dad wouldn't let him do it. So I had it lit... then turned around to walk away and accidentally kicked the wooden platform it was sitting on. That caused the fountain to tip sideways, which shot straight at my cousin causing his hair to burn for a sec or two. Made this nice, pretty blue flame. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't even apologize to him for 30 mins, then it was still hard to apologize while looking at his singed hair.
that just happened to me. like...what...2, 3 weeks ago. except this was a girl w/ long hair. i have this thing, i go behind somebody & act like im gonna set their hair on fire but lighting my lighter behind them. i dont. except this time. im at my friends house & im on the couch & this girl leans right into my lighter. I was like "OH SHIT" & started hitting her in the head to get the flame out. needless to say, she still has a small hole where the hair was burnt off.
moocow44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003   #19
makilwen

makilwen should be rewarded
Send a message via AIM to makilwen
There are these toaster pastry things, all wrapped up in an opaque white wrapper, looks like plastic. Put it in the wave thoguh PAWAP!! (the wrapper is actually metallic) -_- another time someone left a plastic backpack next to the toster and it went up in pretty colored flames, my house has been through about 5 toasters. -_-

~Hey baby, want a green card?
COLDLY PRACTICAL

"Omg, i've never seen a white chick in a Sari before!"
makilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003   #20
Nadine
Such a TEASE! *RAWR*

Nadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divine
Send a message via MSN to Nadine Send a message via Yahoo to Nadine
How about that little teddy bear with the honey in it. A friend and I could have sworn that the stickers were just paper. They are shiny for a reason.......ZZZZZAAAPPPPPP!!!! It was in the microwave for about 1 second and sparks flew. It was funny.

"And I hope that in time
You will eventually see
An oh so slight fondness
That you might have had once for me"
~me~

"I don't need SEX! Life FUCKS me whenever it can!"
~Unknown~
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote