Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 07-10-2003   #21
mesher
Needs to confirm E-mail address

mesher is on a distinguished road
i play guitar (electric and classical) and the cello...yep...
mesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003   #22
Flipkid

Flipkid is on a distinguished road
Full blooded Drummer.

Today can't become tomorrow unless yesterday is left behind.
Flipkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003   #23
Static

Static has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to Static
I'm a drummer at heart, and also a guitar and bass (but i suck )
Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003   #24
Sharker
Old & Wise Member

Sharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sharker Send a message via MSN to Sharker Send a message via Yahoo to Sharker
Electric Guitarist

Sharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003   #25
Nadine
Such a TEASE! *RAWR*

Nadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divine
Send a message via MSN to Nadine Send a message via Yahoo to Nadine
clarinet and trumpet. I also have an electric guitar and dink around on the piano. I think I can sing but my parents don't think I can.

"And I hope that in time
You will eventually see
An oh so slight fondness
That you might have had once for me"
~me~

"I don't need SEX! Life FUCKS me whenever it can!"
~Unknown~
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003   #26
IAmSoVerySpecial
Sexy Bitch

IAmSoVerySpecial is divineIAmSoVerySpecial is divineIAmSoVerySpecial is divineIAmSoVerySpecial is divineIAmSoVerySpecial is divineIAmSoVerySpecial is divineIAmSoVerySpecial is divineIAmSoVerySpecial is divineIAmSoVerySpecial is divine
Send a message via AIM to IAmSoVerySpecial Send a message via Yahoo to IAmSoVerySpecial
I played piano since I was 5 and trumpet and french horn since I was in 6th grade. I've played in several orchestras around town (with my horn) It's great! I love it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg horn.jpg (165.8 KB, 41 views)

well, almost everything...
IAmSoVerySpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003   #27
Gerbil 01
Bite me bitch!!

Gerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond reputeGerbil 01 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gerbil 01 Send a message via Yahoo to Gerbil 01
Used to play the sax... but sold it to help pay for a hefty repair bill on my old truck.

"Laughing at the ignorant, gullible, delusional, stupid, whining, and self righteous assholes... since 1982." *

*Disclaimer - If you read the above statement, and it offends you, then you'll know I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.*
Gerbil 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003   #28
SpAz
God is a sock.

SpAz has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to SpAz Send a message via MSN to SpAz Send a message via Yahoo to SpAz
in 7th and 8thg grade i played steel pans. its that jamacian oil drum instrument. they kick major ass. my friend kyle and i were gonna get our own and start a band but we never did.
SpAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003   #29
mike
Old & Wise Member

mike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to mike Send a message via AIM to mike Send a message via MSN to mike Send a message via Yahoo to mike
i played piano when i was little. then i played the saxophone for 5,6, and 7th grade band. now i havn't really done anything. maybe i'll pick it up again. i'm pretty good on the drums but i don't have a set of my own.
Old 07-22-2003   #30
AcidKat

AcidKat is on a distinguished road
ELECTRIC GUITAR! YAAAAAAAY. Ok. I mess around on the piano and whenever I go into the music store where they have all the instruments set up (I'm practically living there now, the counter guy's always talking to me, hehe) I rage on the drums but that's it. I never went into band at school.
AcidKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003   #31
audioblood
Newbie Member

audioblood is on a distinguished road
i play drums in my all-chick but not sucky band called accidie. we're sort of punk and alternative, but have a bit of our own style. it's hard to put us into one category but i guess that's a good thing, right? how long have any other drummers that read this been playing for? who are some of your influences?
audioblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003   #32
surreal

surreal is a glorious beacon of lightsurreal is a glorious beacon of lightsurreal is a glorious beacon of lightsurreal is a glorious beacon of lightsurreal is a glorious beacon of light
I've been playing the alto sax sence 6th grade. I thought it would make me cool but I'm still lame.

The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful is to lose one's balance. After which no action can be trusted.
surreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003   #33
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones
I've been playing guitar for about a year. I played clarinet for a year in 5th grade, then switched to trumpet for a month, then quit band. When I get some money, I'll get a digeridoo. Those things kick ass!
Indiana Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003   #34
homebrew
Very Experienced Member

homebrew is just really nicehomebrew is just really nice
i used to play drums back in high school. for an alternative band. im more than average they say but eventually i got tired of it. i much enjoy just watching others perform.
Attached Images
File Type: gif motion graphic - drums - white.gif (7.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 08-29-2003   #35
metalhead
Newbie Member

metalhead is on a distinguished road
i sing mostly .. and i scream.. but i play electric and acoustic guitar. not well though! and when i was a kid i used to play trumpet for a few months, that sucked. i really want to learn bass too.

Burn your empty rain down on me, whisper your deathbeat so softly. We bend our knees at the altar of my ego...
metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003   #36
Justmehere

Justmehere is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Justmehere
i sing, play piano for 11 years, bass guitar for about a year, and viola (basically a big violin) for about 4 and a half years..

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

~President, George W. Bush

*hangs head in shame.. then laughs*
Justmehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003   #37
fonguro
Newbie Member

fonguro is on a distinguished road
Re: What Instruments Do You Play?

I play a little guitar and bass and just started learning the drums. They make you play rudiments which is kind of scales for drummers. Except they have odd names like "single paradiddle-diddle" and pataflafla. It's a little suspicous.

Last edited by fonguro; 11-25-2005 at 02:15 PM. Reason: always with the reasons, sheesh
fonguro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003   #38
unhappy_mage

unhappy_mage is on a distinguished road

i sing and play electric bass and suck at the piano and guitar. that's about it.
unhappy_mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003   #39
lost
Newbie Member

lost is on a distinguished road

im a guitarist in a metal/ punk band, we sound good, but when i can find someone that plays the drums, then im going to start my own band, which will be a mix of as many music styles as i can put together and still have it sound good
lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003   #40
grunt136

grunt136 has made a few great posts

guitar and learning to play piano. i also love to screw around with my friends drum set, but nothing serious.
grunt136 is offline   Reply With Quote