Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 05-23-2003   #1
Thrice
Identity Crisis

Thrice is on a distinguished road
What's your guitar??

I got a Schecter Omen-6 Diamond Series that I customized with an EMG-81 in the neck and EMG 64 in the bridge. And one very cool blue nob. I have gave it the name "God's Axe". What guitar you you playing?
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003   #2
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute
i play a range of guitars, but the one i play most often also the one that has had the most work done to it is my epiphone les paul jnr special.....i completely gutted the guitar and rebuilt from scatch, it has 1 Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro pickup (in the neck) that gives it a very grungy sound to it (slash from guns 'n' roses uses this) and a tweaked dimarzio norton dp160 in the bridge this gives me a more balanced sound that i use for playing melody riffs and solos, i dont use foot pedals so all the work is done by my pick-ups and a few tweaks on my amp........i've also got a gibson flying 'V' and a squier stratocaster, but they havn't been modded yet, they have just got your typical boring humbucking and single pick-ups, i gonna mod these some but that'll only be when i've got some cash........
Old 05-23-2003   #3
Thrice
Identity Crisis

Quote:
Originally posted by Psychosis
i play a range of guitars, but the one i play most often also the one that has had the most work done to it is my epiphone les paul jnr special.....i completely gutted the guitar and rebuilt from scatch, it has 1 Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro pickup (in the neck) that gives it a very grungy sound to it (slash from guns 'n' roses uses this) and a tweaked dimarzio norton dp160 in the bridge this gives me a more balanced sound that i use for playing melody riffs and solos, i dont use foot pedals so all the work is done by my pick-ups and a few tweaks on my amp........i've also got a gibson flying 'V' and a squier stratocaster, but they havn't been modded yet, they have just got your typical boring humbucking and single pick-ups, i gonna mod these some but that'll only be when i've got some cash........
damn, your stacked. I wish I had a flying V. Like the James Hetfield green lightning one he uses in Cunning Stunts. That would be sick.
Old 05-23-2003   #4
Mr Stabby

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute
you should talk to redwizard then, hes got a much better set than i have, apart from the 'V' the others are cheap guitars that have been modded or are in the process of being modded......thrice what amp have you got? mines just a simple 10 watt practice amp but when we (the band) play gigs we rent some hefty amps that do justice to what we play.........
Old 05-23-2003   #5
Thrice
Identity Crisis

i saved up and I got me a nice 2-speaker, 120-watt Crate MX120. I've play with a band and still only turn it up half way when i play. I dont need that much power. One day ill turn it up alll the way, one day...

http://www.youtube.com/theskrilla19
Old 05-23-2003   #6
Mr Stabby

yeah and make sure you have some ear plugs.
Old 05-23-2003   #7
inyourhands
Newbie Member

inyourhands is on a distinguished road
I have only 2 guitars, being only an 8 month beginer. I own a metallic red Ibanex RG 120. Double-humbucker pick ups. And a Fender accoustic. 50 dollars, very good deal.
Old 05-23-2003   #8
Mr Stabby

thats a point, i forgot i have a crappy spanish nylon strung accoustic guitar as well........its really a piece of shit but it does okay i guess.............can do a good metallica unforgiven accoustic with that all though it being a nylon strung guitar it has a totally different sound to a steel strung........
Old 05-23-2003   #9
inyourhands
Newbie Member

yea, I really have somthing against the nylon string world. It just dosent make a very clean echoey sound. I suggest getting a new steel string one, or just restring it.
Old 05-23-2003   #10
moocow44
Procrastination Street.

moocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to all
i'm only going to say my 3 main guitars...i don't want to keep listing. ESP/LTD M-100, Fender Custom, & Gibson Les Paul Quilt Top.

Fuck Your Scene.

http://www.myspace.com/arikakaosa
Spread The Word
moocow44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003   #11
mesher
Needs to confirm E-mail address

mesher is on a distinguished road
I only have one guitar...I feel so deprived now. Somebody send me one of theirs.
Mine's an Ibanez RG 170...I spent ALL my money on buying it and an amp...now I'm broke haha. Oh yeh but I steal my mothers classical guitar (she gets reeaaaaaally pissed off when I do that cos it was real expensive and she reckons I'm gonna break it) so yes.
Seriously though, you people up there with multiple guitars, either send me one or send me some money goddammit. Maybe I should get my lazy behind a job...
Stay metal \m/ \m/
mesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003   #12
Mr Stabby

Quote:
Originally posted by inyourhands
yea, I really have somthing against the nylon string world. It just dosent make a very clean echoey sound. I suggest getting a new steel string one, or just restring it.
i'm saving for a steel one, probably a yamaha or a fender.....i can't restring it because it would break my accoustic in half, they use different strengths of wood in steel (stronger wood) and nylon (softer wood) strung guitars......
Old 05-25-2003   #13
inyourhands
Newbie Member

Ohh, yea I heard about that once. Well that sucks. But, yeah, I think its good you're saving up for a steel string one. Go to a garage sale... I got mine for 50 dollars there.
Old 05-25-2003   #14
Liquid
Well Known Member

Liquid has a spectacular aura aboutLiquid has a spectacular aura aboutLiquid has a spectacular aura about
I just started playing guitar not to long ago, but anyways I have A Squire Bullet with a Pevey Amp. Im saving my money so I can Get a line 6 amp and maybe a fender strocaster, but until then I have to learn more guitar. People keep telling me squire bullets suck because the pickups break too easily (or was that the squire strat?). Eh oh well, its a good starting guitar. I also have a hand made acoustic guitar that I bought in mexico.
Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003   #15
Chris85
Well Known Member

Chris85 should be rewarded
I've been playing a guitar about a year and half now. I got a black & white Cort G210 that cost me about $150
Chris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003   #16
rawr_guy_rawr
Well Known Member

rawr_guy_rawr has a spectacular aura aboutrawr_guy_rawr has a spectacular aura aboutrawr_guy_rawr has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to rawr_guy_rawr Send a message via MSN to rawr_guy_rawr Send a message via Yahoo to rawr_guy_rawr
Epiphone SG goth

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. Walden

rawr_guy_rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003   #17
Blackass
groingrabbingly good!

Blackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Blackass
fender squire and takamin g-240 acoustic
Blackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003   #18
Thrice
Identity Crisis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bleed Black
fender squire and takamin g-240 acoustic
I have a Takamine too. They are very good, dont you agree? There's just something in the way it rings that gives such an "Unforgiven" sound. And affordable

Old 05-28-2003   #19
Mr Stabby

here my 'V' repainted from the orignal gibson colours, haven't put all the logos and writing back on yet but you get the idea........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flying v.jpg (12.6 KB, 74 views)
Old 05-28-2003   #20
Thrice
Identity Crisis

How much was that? It likes like a prize piece of work. You best friend. Check out my best friend I just bought after saving a shitload of money. Yes, The Kirk Hammett KH-2 ESP with the bones and skull frets. And its loaded with two EMG 84s. I have absolutly no buyers remorse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kirk.jpg (10.3 KB, 89 views)