Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 10-28-2004   #21
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: Bush flipping off camera

hahaha.
i think we outta see them behind the scenes. tells us what kind of person he really is.
honesty does go a long way. lol, they should show people that.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #22
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth

I think that both candidates scored points in my book thanks to this thread. I laughed out loud when Bush flicked off the camera.

Plus... kerry called a secret servi - KERRY SNOWBOARDS!! kick ass.

Honestly though, does it make any difference that Bush was fooling around, or that Kerry got pissed and said some swear words (I know I've shouted some curses at skiers who cut me off)? I should hope not.
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #23
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

lol. well i think it makes a difference if you are hiding it.
if that's how you are damn it, fucking show that shit off. fuck, what the fuck. lol j/k.

it was actually funny to see Bush do that. then he smiled after. like, what! fool.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #24
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

That's pretty funny.
Old 10-28-2004   #25
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

This is for those of you who still doubt that the Bush campaign doctored that photo.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #26
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, I'd like to issue an apology for calling you old. Sorry I called you old. You're cool.
Old 10-28-2004   #27
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

Gee ..... uhh, thanks.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #28
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Haha. A lot of people seemed to feel offense on your behalf so I thought an apology was in order. Or something.
Old 10-28-2004   #29
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks

someone must have caught on.. they changed it.. haha

Rock ur socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #30
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

hahahaha, check this

Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #31
ImpossibleDreamer
Experienced Member

ImpossibleDreamer is just really niceImpossibleDreamer is just really nice

Another lie about Kerry . . . . (Liars! Liars! Liars!)

Factcheck.org Oct. 29, 2004

The National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund began airing a TV ad Oct. 26 falsely accusing Kerry of voting to ban deer-hunting ammunition. In fact, what Kerry voted for was a proposal to outlaw rifle ammunition "designed or marketed as having armor piercing capability."

The NRA ad also claims Kerry is co-sponsoring a bill to "that would ban every semiautomatic shotgun and every pump shotgun." That's false. Kerry co-sponsored extension of the now-expired assault-weapon ban, a measure that would have expanded the ban to cover military-style shotguns but specifically exempts pump-action shotguns.
ImpossibleDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #32
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks

Quote:
Originally Said by ImpossibleDreamer
Another lie about Kerry . . . . (Liars! Liars! Liars!)

Factcheck.org Oct. 29, 2004

The National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund began airing a TV ad Oct. 26 falsely accusing Kerry of voting to ban deer-hunting ammunition. In fact, what Kerry voted for was a proposal to outlaw rifle ammunition "designed or marketed as having armor piercing capability."

The NRA ad also claims Kerry is co-sponsoring a bill to "that would ban every semiautomatic shotgun and every pump shotgun." That's false. Kerry co-sponsored extension of the now-expired assault-weapon ban, a measure that would have expanded the ban to cover military-style shotguns but specifically exempts pump-action shotguns.
This thread is for making fun of Bush not knocking down Kerry! away with you!
Rock ur socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #33
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel

Quote:
Originally Said by Rock ur socks
This thread is for making fun of Bush not knocking down Kerry! away with you!
You mis-read, she should have said "Another lie by the NRA about Kerry". The NRA is claiming that Kerry voted against hunting, but unless you need armor-piercing bullets to kill deer (mutated bradley tank deer maybe?), that's false.

I found another interesting thing on the bush campaign site yesterday. If you view the source and look at the keyword meta tags, you will find that the second ammendment is listed, but no mention of other ammendments. Apparently Bush thinks that its only important to appeal to the gun toting audience, nevermind those crazy "free speech" or "privacy" advocates. Very telling indeed.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #34
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

My personal opinion: We're screwed either way. Or at least I am. There is a time and a place to flip people off. Sure, it's not good to be wound up all the time, but if you don't have the ability to maintain a professional attitude, how can you make major decisions for a country? Everyone makes mistakes. But there are dumb mistakes that can be costly.

David Cobb... the real Green Party candidate (not Ralph Nader). I'm still voting for him.

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #35
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Tsunami
My personal opinion: We're screwed either way. Or at least I am.
not really, kerry shreds thats gotta count for something!
Old 10-29-2004   #36
Zesty
Needs to confirm E-mail address

Zesty is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Zesty

bush is a retard. i cant wait till kerry wins. and i know hes gonna win..
Zesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #37
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

i can't wait to see 11 year old intuition pay off big in the world of politics. i think i will spend considerable time on the spread to accomidate for such intuition. i hate you zesty i had just finished my spread when you had to go and screw with on-line gambling! on-line vegas hates you too!
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #38
coolman
Newbie Member

coolman is on a distinguished road

I think Bush will get it. He is better than that guy. :)
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #39
Summer Gurl
She shines like the summer sun

Summer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond reputeSummer Gurl has a reputation beyond repute

That OTHER guy i am guessing you are talking about kerry

Summer Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #40
coolman
Newbie Member

coolman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Said by Mount_Zion23
That OTHER guy i am guessing you are talking about kerry
Yup, I don't think he is experience enough even though Bush has some major mistakes regarding his decision to the Iraq war.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote