Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

View Poll Results: Should we go to War?
Yes 4 26.67%
No 11 73.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2003   #1
freshgurl60

freshgurl60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to freshgurl60 Send a message via Yahoo to freshgurl60
What should we do

i was recently going thru the calander and was noticed that most of us are 17+. Very soon to be legal for draft and having to enlist, so how do ya'll feel about declaring war? Do you really think we should ,even though a lot of people including vertrans say we should not? ......just a thought.
Old 01-16-2003   #2
ems21
Elite Member

ems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond repute
Are women being drafted yet?

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner who needed it most?" - Mark Twain

Keep in touch with old friends on www.myspace.com
Visit My Website
Visit My Space
ems21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003   #3
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Bush, Powell, and Rumsfeld keep insisting that if we went to war in Iraq there would probably be no draft, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

ems21: currently, women do not have to register for the selective service, but they can if they want, in which case if there was a draft they would be selected as randomly as anyone else. Because of this there's almost no point in women registering for the draft because there chances of getting picked are slim to none. They might as well enlist if they want to fight.

On a side note, I can't be drafted (I dont think), as I don't meet the weight requirement for my height

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003   #4
INCUBUS
Cave ab homine unius libri

INCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of light
I belive you have to stay registered until age 25.

Not to mention if they instute the draft Bush's popularity would take a shit.

"That which doesn't kill us... only makes us stronger."

"Oh well... whatever... nevermind."
INCUBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003   #5
onightelfo
Newbie Member

onightelfo is on a distinguished road
i think we should so we could defend the attacks on our country
onightelfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003   #6
Grunt
Aye, very good

Grunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond reputeGrunt has a reputation beyond repute
i dont think we should because its pointless. Its not going to stop anything. it will just provoke more attacks and Tony Blair is a wanker if he thinks GB should start on them too.

Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003   #7
evilsapprentice
Newbie Member

evilsapprentice is on a distinguished road
wot exactly r we going 2 war for? all i understand is that george bush and tony blair r just looking for an excuse to fight...
Old 02-10-2003   #8
ronaldmcdonald
Trainee Member

ronaldmcdonald is on a distinguished road
Living in England if anything happend like that all mothers would unite and form a stand against the now labour government. And probabaly succeed, they can cry about anything and get there way with it, no but seriously thats hard on you Guys.
ronaldmcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003   #9
spadetje
pretty in life & pretty in death

spadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smart
Send a message via ICQ to spadetje Send a message via AIM to spadetje Send a message via MSN to spadetje
I think we should defend the country and if we went to war I'd probably have to fight because I'm in my third year of army cadets, and I'm a girl and yes I still would fight for the country!

.TranceAddicted.
.Hardcore.Hardstyle.Trance.
spadetje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003   #10
jayhay0
Old & Wise Member

jayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura aboutjayhay0 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to jayhay0
LEGOLAS!
dude if he fought for us, we'd be A-ok.
Old 02-13-2003   #11
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy
maybe if he didn't suck so much. if anything i want the dwarf.

i wouldn't enlist in this war as i am not eager to kill any one but if a draft was instituted and i got drafted i wouldn't go to canada to escape it, i would go and fight.

it seems to me that a lot of you are ill-informed about this war. so i pose a question: how can you have a real opinion on this war when you don't even have the details?
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003   #12
iwant2stalku
Needs to confirm E-mail address

iwant2stalku has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to iwant2stalku
I'm totally against going to war with Iraq. We have very little, if any support from other countries, and no substantial evidence of anything-which is kinda sad, since Powell has already made his speech to the UN. The entire Bush administration is full of shit...except for maybe Condelleza Rice...she's the only one that doesn't seem to be so war-minded.
iwant2stalku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003   #13
makilwen

makilwen should be rewarded
Send a message via AIM to makilwen
We have evidence. SADAMM HAS WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION HE IS PLANNING TO USE. dur. you must not follow what's going on. he has proven that we cannot trust him. If we can get rid of those weapons, we will save more lives than lost. Everyone's all pissy about it. here's your choice: Millions of innocent people killed by terrorist attacks OR an attack on Iraq. You may be anti- action now, but when an Iraqi terroist releases a biological agent in your city and someone you love dies, you want be spewing your "no proof, let's talk it out" crap. Talking hasn't worked.

War never solved anything, except for slavery, communism, oppresion and genocide.

~Hey baby, want a green card?
COLDLY PRACTICAL

"Omg, i've never seen a white chick in a Sari before!"
makilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003   #14
Quig

Quig has made a few great posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Quig
Quote:
Originally posted by makilwen

War never solved anything, except for slavery, communism, oppresion and genocide.
Quig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003   #15
Quig

Quig has made a few great posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Quig
Oops

Those word ARE so True.
Quig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003   #16
fake_15

fake_15 has made a few great posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Weasel
On a side note, I can't be drafted (I dont think), as I don't meet the weight requirement for my height
Thats funny, I don't think I can either since I got this big ass beer belly. Well I least they should'nt be lucky if I can run a mile anymore.
Cartman: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Actually, what I said was... [picks up a megaphone] HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUCK MY BALLS?
fake_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003   #17
scranford

scranford is on a distinguished road
I am confused on the subject, on one hand (and it is very small) I kind of think that we should so we could defend our country, but then on the other hand (the big one) I realy don't think that war is a good thing to declare right now, because I just don't think that Bush is playing with a full deck of cards and he probably would drop the nuke on them, and then we would be in more trouble because every other country would go world war 3 on our buts! But that is just my opinion.

scranford