Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 02-21-2006   #1
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute
Supreme Court Says Hallucinogenic Tea is Legal

hmmmm....I wonder if you could argue that the only way you can connect with God is by smoking dope? Wonder if they're taking any new members?

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court ruled unanimously Tuesday that a small congregation in New Mexico may use hallucinogenic tea as part of a four-hour ritual intended to connect with God.

Justices, in their first religious freedom decision under Chief Justice John Roberts, moved decisively to keep the government out of a church's religious practice.

Federal drug agents should have been barred from confiscating the hoasca tea of the Brazil-based church, Roberts wrote in the decision.

The tea, which contains an illegal drug known as DMT, is considered sacred to members of O Centro Espirita Beneficiente Uniao do Vegetal, which has a blend of Christian beliefs and South American traditions. Members believe they can understand God only by drinking the tea, which is consumed twice a month at four-hour ceremonies.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/21/sc....ap/index.html
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #2
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Supreme Court Says Hallucinogenic Tea is Legal

It only makes sense to connect with God that way, right?
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Sir Auric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #3
LSDguineapig

LSDguineapig is a knight of Almost SmartLSDguineapig is a knight of Almost SmartLSDguineapig is a knight of Almost SmartLSDguineapig is a knight of Almost Smart

I happen to know a fair amount about the beverage under discussion (full name: ayahuasca), and the drug it contains, Dimethyltryptamine. Ayahuasca is commonly used by many South American tripes in shamanistic ritual and coming-of-age rites. The drug, DMT, is the only known endogenous hallucinogen, meaning it is produced within your own body. Actually, DMT is produced in the pineal gland, which is located right in the center of your brain. It is a very powerful hallucinogen and dissasociative; when snorted in powder form, the effects can last a little more than an hour before you come back, and when smoked, no longer than forty five minutes. There are three levels of protection built-in to the body and brain to prevent this drug from being used by your body on a regular basis. These three levels only break down uder circumstances of extreme physiological stress. There are only two times in everyone's life when DMT is guaranteed to be released into your system...when you are born, and when you die. For further info, read DMT-The Spirit Molecule
Old 02-22-2006   #4
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

I do believe hallucinogens can be very spiritual, and can often promote life changing events.

I think unless you have tried them you can't say that this is stupid.

Saying "These people are stupid for using a hallucinogenic substance." might as well be 6 years old and saying "That bike is stupid and I'm not going to ride it."

Like have an open mind, seriously, and the guy who I think is Frea; of course it isn't the only way, but it is one.

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote