Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Talk about your favorite films and TV shows or find out if a new movie is worth seeing.

Old 11-20-2011   #1
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian
Feel Good TV Series

What are your all time favorite feel-good TV series or sitcoms that you could keep watching and watching, no matter what?

Mine are:
Little House on the Prairie,
Roseanne and
ALF.

I'm not sure why I love to keep watching those sitcoms whenever I have a chance to, it might be the "good old times" feeling that those TV series cause in me.

What are yours? And why?
Old 11-20-2011   #2
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: Feel Good TV Series

Haha I loved Alf when I was a kid.

I watched Roseanne all the time too, until it jumped the shark

Sitcoms:

Boy Meets World. It's honestly the only show that never failed me; funny all the way through.
Friends. I will forever love that show..
Full House. I think more out of nostalgia than anything...when it was running I watched every single episode of it. It's funny now because the show is a LOT lamer than I remember. Haha.

Boy Meets World and Full House are more feel-good than Friends but I can't not mention Friends.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #3
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

^ Alf was and is awesome. I believe to remember that Alf even was the first western TV program I ever saw, but I'm not sure if it was still to GDR times or if it was shortly after the GDR and the iron curtain broke down. It wasn't allowed to watch western TV station before that. Alf somehow made it into my childhood memories like that. ^_^

I love every single episode of Roseanne but the last season where they became rich, nearly broke up and Dean, as it was said in the very last episode, actually died from a heart attack a few episode before. It made me sad so I avoid to see the last few sequels.
Old 11-22-2011   #4
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute

^ That was my problem with Roseanne. It was really good until they won the lottery, and then all of a sudden he's cheating on her and stuff... and then they killed him off. You can't make Dan cheat or kill him off because you've run out of story lines! No thank you!
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-03-2012   #5
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute

I only like the ones where characters who fail are killed off on a regular basis.
David- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012   #6
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Which show would that be?
Old 01-14-2012   #7
SpudNuts
Just Bubblin'

SpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to SpudNuts

Spooks does that. And the News.

Top Gear is a good laugh. Not the shit American version though, they're all just whiny bitches and every car is the same

Alba gu brth
SpudNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #8
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth

Squidbillies.
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote