Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Writer's Corner

Writer's Corner The pen is mightier than the sword. Post your writings or poetry. Also discuss your favorite authors or books.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011   #1
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
Ten-Minute Poems

Please, (completely fail to) enjoy!

Titled

There is room enough in this for the sound of rain--
ricocheting out, and down, the gutters of the dark
splattering against the roof--its low, constant strain
unmelodious, erratic, inartistic, paralyzing, stark
wild as calm, and bleak as the sun, or just as cold
as living hands. What else could make us so bold
as to write poems—in arbitrary lines, without strict
predictability; What else guides the mind sideways
downward, backwards, mental-wards; ridiculous
with infinite black, mad without contemplation
black and white with words, colorless phrases,
written without discipline or effort (the offspring
of natural, effete motion) carry this continuation
for continuing's sake. The rain doesn't really care
(about form) either.

If Emily Dickinson got smashed, had absolutely no literary skill of any kind, and were given ten minutes to write something while being bludgeoned in the face with a tuna fish at 12-second intervals the entire time, the result would still be miles (and kilometers) better ^.

With or without the "bludgeoning" part.

If anyone else would like to add a "ten-minute" (or less) poem--or a well-thought-out poem--or would like to justifiably brutalize the posted one--please do. <:I

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 04-04-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: I changed one word. Okay?!?!?! Also, changing the method of hypothetical violence.
Old 04-04-2011   #2
Crembrandt1606
Newbie Member

Crembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond reputeCrembrandt1606 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ten-Minute Poems

HEY! >:O This is seriously amazing my friend, you have to stop doubting/verbally abusing yourself!!
"In calling this movie a "creature" I wish to emphasize its ability to almost literally administer pain to the viewer's body and mind by repeatedly attacking the viewer with its dumbness. As a rabies-infested creature attacks viciously and without good reason, this movie drives the viewer into a corner and sinks its thought-sapping teeth into the most vital areas of the viewer's intelligence." An excerpt from Rachael's review of the movie "Lost."

"If you are attacked in an alley, compliment your attacker profusely on his cleverness and confidence in being able to confront his or her enemies and express his anger! Healthiness comes through experience, dear ones! Quiet your souls." Advise from an Elderly man

"A painting is finished when the artist says it's finished." --Rembrandt Van Rijn

"Smiles a Hobo smile of having eaten too many inedible things"--one of Rachael's many amazing statements!
Old 04-04-2011   #3
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ten-Minute Poems

Quote:
Originally Said by Crembrandt1606 View Post
HEY! >:O This is seriously amazing my friend, you have to stop doubting/verbally abusing yourself!!
Oh! <:S

Thank you, my friend! <:)

But you're not really one to talk, at times--as far as (in your case) unwarranted self-criticism. ;)

By the way... do you want to go to Brazil later?

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 04-05-2011 at 04:36 AM.
Closed Thread