Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > The Blog

The Blog Post the crazy happenings in your life here. If it's interesting enough it may be moved to the main news page.

Old 02-08-2010   #1
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute
Most Annoying Online Habits...

Okay we have all been on social networking sites like facebook, myspace, and youtube, but not just limited to those either. Thinking about those 3 in particular, what are some of the frequent online habits that you see people do that you find stupid, annoying, weird, or disturbing?
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias

Last edited by Funk*Sonic*7; 06-23-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #2
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Most Annoying Online Habits...

Hourly twitter/status updates.
They clog my News feed so that things more important than "i jus 8 the best sandwich ever lol" are lost in the mess.

Also, Farmville.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #3
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

^I agree, why does someone need to update all the time.
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #4
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

How about girls who everytime they add/update new pics to their album they have to send out a memo to everybody,
"new pics...please comment them, let me know what you think"

I mean can anybody please tell me what the hell is that all about?
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Old 02-08-2010   #5
foxyphoenix

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Funk*Sonic*7 View Post
How about girls who everytime they add/update new pics to their album they have to send out a memo to everybody,
"new pics...please comment them, let me know what you think"

I mean can anybody please tell me what the hell is that all about?

I've actually found that I'm more pestered by guys trying to do that, though it's usually more along the lines of "Check out my new AWESOME pic!"

I suppose coerced attention is better than no attention?

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 02-08-2010   #6
argentmoon
harajuku girl

argentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to argentmoon

insecurity? and yes, farmville is annoying. i also hates the constant updates. and when i have a bazillion notifications for comments on a picture or note that someone tagged me, and twelve million other people in. other notifications get lost in the flood of 'somebody commented on a picture of you'.

the spirit in me bows to the spirit in you

argentmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #7
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

In my defense on farmville, I do inane things like that to relieve stress; it's actually kind of helping.

I get annoyed when people get mad that I don't constantly reply to their statuses or pictures. They seem to think because we're really good friends that I have to reply to EVERY SINGLE ONE of their updates.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #8
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

I hate when people comment on the groups i joined. I joined one about same sex marriage and i got a comment, from a person who comments on EVERYTHING, that they do on like same sex marriage because the are old fashioned. I felt like saying "hey how about don't comment if you don't like it" but i just left it.
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #9
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth

Getting invited to fucking groups/apps/fan pages. I don't care about your favorite charity or your stupid damn art show. I carefully deny every single one of them, especially if you obviously invited everyone on your friends list.
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #10
foxyphoenix

^ Same with events. I go to school far away from my high school friends, but I'm still invited to all their god damn parties.

-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 02-09-2010   #11
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute

People who post big ass app-shit on my wall. The ones that annoyed me today were these ones about quizzes and such, they're like 13 lines long. (I'm not talking about news feed, I mean actual profile wall.)

People who join every damn group in existence, these people annoy me even more so when they join groups that they seem to think they fit in to but really don't such as,"I Make Fun Of You Because I Love You (: Don't Take It Personally ♥. " However, if you were to tease said person they'd throw a tantrum that would rival an over emotional 5 yr old. Gonna punch them right in the kisser!

(I'm also a farmville player, and have been called lifeless because of it.. But if I'm lifeless for spending ~15-30min a day playing farmville I have great worries for most people.)

... oh and one more thing.. The annoying habit that facebook has about updating and breaking everything. Damn peckerheads, what's the point of bookmarks if you can only access them on the main page? Why do you keep logging me out? Where are my filters? FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUU! (Except for fixing chat, that was nice of you.. but you're still douches.)
Narnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #12
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Farmville can be amusing--if used in ways it was not intended.

Other than that, applications like that are largely obnoxious--at least as far as sending out notifications. If you're playing one, I'm sure it's...far less obnoxious, obviously. But, as an "outsider," it's just another form of spam.

More generally, I hate textspeak of any kind--hate it. If you can't or don't have the time or ambition or literacy to type out the word "you" and instead write "u," go ahead and quit at life. Right now. Just give up. You're done. You've failed.

Also, excessive punctuation, not used in a sarcastic sense.

In short:

i dnt lk txt spk!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

The acronyms I don't mind as much (lol, roflcopters, ftw); they're just funny, usually. But actual word distortion irritates me, for some reason.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #13
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante View Post
Farmville can be amusing--if used in ways it was not intended.

Other than that, applications like that are largely obnoxious--at least as far as sending out notifications. If you're playing one, I'm sure it's...far less obnoxious, obviously. But, as an "outsider," it's just another form of spam.

More generally, I hate textspeak of any kind--hate it. If you can't or don't have the time or ambition or literacy to type out the word "you" and instead write "u," go ahead and quit at life. Right now. Just give up. You're done. You've failed.

Also, excessive punctuation, not used in a sarcastic sense.

In short:

i dnt lk txt spk!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

The acronyms I don't mind as much (lol, roflcopters, ftw); they're just funny, usually. But actual word distortion irritates me, for some reason.
lol wutev
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #14
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Yugoloth View Post
lol wutev
<---

I guess you've failed at life, then. I'm sorry.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #15
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones

Quote:
Originally Said by Narnar View Post
People who join every damn group in existence, these people annoy me even more so when they join groups that they seem to think they fit in to but really don't such as,"I Make Fun Of You Because I Love You (: Don't Take It Personally ♥. " However, if you were to tease said person they'd throw a tantrum that would rival an over emotional 5 yr old. Gonna punch them right in the kisser!
My roommate seriously joins every group he sees somebody else join, and becomes a fan of everything the same way. Even stupid shit that doesn't relate to him. He's also one of those facebook whores who spam updates, links and pictures every half hour. Now his new thing is having one of every social networking profile: facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Xanga, Tumbler, etc, and then he complains about nobody following him, so then he spams statuses about having all these new sites. He also collects friends.

Aside from facebook whores like Devin, I hate how recently, facebook chat has been basically freezing up my browser when talking to more than one person. If they just would stop trying to change the layout every few months, and focus on fixing the flaws with the most used features... Form follows function, but it would be nice if the function functioned without malfunctioning.
Old 02-09-2010   #16
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

I hardly use Facebook anymore, or AS, obviously. My social networking fix is gotten through eRepublik now.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010   #17
Jabedin
Aladdin's brother

Jabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond repute

I've never used facebook, myslice or twitter

Everyone who uses those is going straight to hell

In your heart, pumping your blood
Jabedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010   #18
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones

Well if there were a hell, I'd be headed straight there. haha
Old 06-20-2010   #19
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

I check my facebook often, but not every day. Even if I checked it every day, I check for messages from friends and family. What gets me is people who post something in their status updates every day at least once a day, whether it be a quote or what they're doing. It's almost like they are trying really hard to convince everybody that they have an interesting life when it's probably not nearly as interesting as they try to convey.

And how about the people who have like 1,600 people on their friend list???
Are they really networking or just trying to appear to be "popular?"

Last edited by Funk*Sonic*7; 06-20-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-20-2010   #20
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

To your first thing: I post something every day; almost all of my friends use facebook as an every day communication thing, so they post things every day too and I see nothing wrong with it. Doesn't mean you don't have a life in my opinion.

As to the 1,600 friend thing, that's ridiculous. I keep my friend list at about 100...I'm definitely not one of those people that must facebook friend everyone I meet; I don't let just anyone have access to my pictures and things.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote