Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Art & Photography

Art & Photography Right-brained and shutterbug hangout. Post and discuss art and photographs, self-created or otherwise. Also show off your digital graphics, wallpapers, or desktops.

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005   #41
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: My Amateur Photos

those two thunderstorm pics...that's sick. i wish i took em.

too bad the ants werent working when u took that pic. that'd be cool

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
Old 09-30-2005   #42
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante
Actually, the sand is, in fact, an anthill. The little ant-deamons kept hiding, so there were none in the shot. *grumbles*

(That would be cool, indeed! Except for the fact that those people go out in jungles...or savannahs...or whatever. Photographing "tribal folk" and stuff. I'd probably end up starting a civil war, creating warring tribes or something. (I'm jinxed )).

Yes... and thank you.
dude. i know exactly what you mean. i'd totally be down there with all the people at some ritual and then i'd like bite my finger nails, which would end up being a sign of hatred and what not. and then they declare war on the u.s. for people being so disrespectful. and i would be to blame......i could totally see that happening.....

and yeah, i figured it was an ant hill.

y de snotta! (har har har. im not sure if you noticed, you said mucas gracias in my rep. and so enters my horrible pun. enjoy.)

Old 09-30-2005   #43
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by RubberDucky55
dude. i know exactly what you mean. i'd totally be down there with all the people at some ritual and then i'd like bite my finger nails, which would end up being a sign of hatred and what not. and then they declare war on the u.s. for people being so disrespectful. and i would be to blame......i could totally see that happening.....

and yeah, i figured it was an ant hill.

y de snotta! (har har har. im not sure if you noticed, you said mucas gracias in my rep. and so enters my horrible pun. enjoy.)
Dude, I know. That could like, totally happen. Woah...

Hehe. I love to point out the obvious!

De snotta?! That's brilliant. No, I didn't notice that. Hehe. That's a splenderful pun, I must say.

Y muchas gracias a Mateo tambien.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 04-08-2006   #44
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Yeth! I once again went "archive spelunking" and decided to revive this beastly thread. Some of the below pics. are ones that I've posted in my Trip-able thread; I'm not sure if I've posted 'em all before, though. *Shrugs* Please to view if you wish.

(Obviously, this is the same as the above pic. but with some photo manipulation)

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 04-08-2006   #45
oceandream130
Future star of a Zach Braff film!

oceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond repute

Stop being so amazing. I hate you!

haha, just kidding. All of those photographs are astounding - in both composition and style. I am especially fond of the close-ups of nature. ¡Increíble!
Old 04-09-2006   #46
Zanahoria_Picante

Hah. There ain't nothin' amazing 'bout it, sistah. Seriously, anywhere you point a camera in Nuw Zuland turns out crazy good. Even if it's like a parking lot or a "Macca's" or something. Seriously. And with the crazy good quality of the camera, you can't go wrong. But I thank you very much, nonetheless.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 04-10-2006   #47
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

they're so clear.. what camera do you have?

by the way, i'm hecka jealous, and will be posting some pics of my own when i get home to compete and be thoroughly crushed by your'n.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Old 04-11-2006   #48
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by Sytrohs87
they're so clear.. what camera do you have?

by the way, i'm hecka jealous, and will be posting some pics of my own when i get home to compete and be thoroughly crushed by your'n.
I have a Kodak EasyShare...thing. I don't recall any of the other techno-babble that describes it off-hand, but it is quite the lovely and dynamic device.

I would love to see some of your photographs; I know they will not be crushed by mine'n ( ) because I clearly cheated with mine as far as megapixils/enhanced zoom go (the camera makes everything look good! It has about 450, 876 odd settings to make everything seem breath-taking - be it the Remarkables or an old, fungus-filled shoe. *Sigh* From the way I talk about their products it sounds like I should be Kodak's spokeswoman or something ). Anyroad, I bet your compositions are technically better than mine.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 04-11-2006   #49
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, so here are some pics I took while touring Europe a couple years back. They're not so great, considering I used a crappy regular 35mm camera and now they're digital prints, but compositionally, they're not bad I suppose. I find my earlier photography to be more objective and subject-oriented than my more recent shots. Anyways, here are the Europe pics. I'll post some from California/Oregon maybe, and then some from around Richmond where I live later.

1. The changing of the guard at windsor
2. A view of the countryside looking out from windsor
3. I believe this collumn was in Madrid, but I could be wrong. It has a bunch of writing all wrapped around it.
4. This was in Carcassone I believe, it was the entrance to a church or somesuch.
5. Finally, a view from our hotel room in Paris. It was quite muggy that day, but our hotel was fortunately located across the street from le gare du nord.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 02-27-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-11-2006   #50
Sytrohs87
goliath

Here's some pictures I took when I traversed northern california with my girlfriend and family almost a year ago. I'm significantly less enthusiastic about these. There aren't many good pieces, in addition to the fact that I was using a shitty disposable camera. Therefore, I'll only display three.

1. This was in Oregon close to Crater Lake. Yes, it was May, and yes, that's snow... in May.
2. A picture of the famous clock tower at UC Berkeley. bad quality
3. Another picture of UC Berkeley. It has no real significance; I just liked how the lines of the building were being offset by the foliage and such.

-The Mars Volta

-Siddhartha Gautama

Old 04-12-2006   #51
Sytrohs87
goliath

Here are some picture of Belle Isle which is in Richmond. For our studio class, we had to gather 10-20 images of the city or something. I don't know, my professor blows. So anyway, here are a few I deem worthy of this site

1. The James River
2. The James River.. the remix?
3. This is what's left of the old steel mill that was once on the island
4. A photo of this bit of branches and the old rail tracks in the background
5. This is the underside of a highway if you can't figure it out

-The Mars Volta

-Siddhartha Gautama

Old 04-12-2006   #52
me inside
Finally We Are No One

me inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divine
Send a message via MSN to me inside

1)From my garden !
2)Friend accident !

Softly seething, surreal breathing..
Ignite the cannon with sphagnum lanthum..
Laud the armies of diphthongs with your superannuating Diphtheria..
And I will ever be your combustive tablature of igneous geometries.

Old 04-12-2006   #53
Zanahoria_Picante

Those are all brilliant, Strothy-ty...87...tsry...r--Andrew.

The pictures you snappéd when you were in Europe are my favorite of the lot - the one of the tower especially intrigues me as well as all of the ones displaying all of the lovely streets and architecture of Europe; they make me want to visit there even more than before.

And compositionally they're all fantastic and shmart. Reppity-Rep.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 05-08-2006   #54
SketchImpressions
AlmostSmart Goddess

SketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond repute

gah all of this phtography is amazing.

i hope no one mines me reviving this ownderfullthread. Beacuse it would be silly of me to make a new thread to post some pictures i took, when this one is still kick'n. and i hope zana dosnt mind. but i wanted to share my pictures too.

hopefully mine will be up to par-ish.

where did you take those photos Zana? newZealand?

the pictures from europe are ausome too.

a drain. i like drains...

the moma (modern art museum) in new york last springV

I find that i take better pictures of people, this is my friend chelsey.

the bottom of a jar of pesto noodles i ate for lunch.

my friend amys pretty shoulder

and my frind lisa painting.

enjoy... i supose.

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells."
— Dr. Seuss

What we have is socialism for the rich and trickle down economics for the rest of us. I am part of the 99% of Americans left outside of Economic Elite circles...
Old 05-10-2006   #55
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by SketchImpressions
where did you take those photos Zana? newZealand?
Yes, most of them are from New Zealand, except for the last two which were taken near my home in the Otherwordly Realm of Wisconsin.

Those photographs are extraordinary, Sketch. Second thought, they're actually quite ordinary, which is why they're so remarkable. To sum up, they're ordinarily extraordinary. Make sense?

The one that you've captured of the drain reminds me of my unsuccessful attempts to capture that very image. I give you kudos for succeeding. You wouldn't believe the looks (more like sneers) that I received from drivers passing by as I hunched over this drain, squinting like a lunatic as I tried to get the correct angle. Yes, 'twas mighty entertaining, despite my failure.

Well done. I would rep. you, but it won't let me once again. *Shakes fist indignantly*

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 09-02-2006   #56
Zanahoria_Picante

Ummm... *Refrains from making the typical "Holy dancing bears, I'm double-posting!" comment* (Bears...bears who are "set apart"...Uh--).

(Shakes head dismissively - inhales deeply through nostrils)

During any free time on Campus, my sister and I wander its halls and stairs (in a mildly menacing fashion) taking pic-a-tures and things. The building itself is fascinating; it used to be a hotel, then a nursing home, and today it is a Bible Institute of sorts. The building's all old and stuff, too.

I be-snapped a series of black and white photographs on said enigmatic campus (the only exception among these is an attached picture of a tree with a big, beastly hole through it; that was, instead, taken near my house).

(This is "like a drainpipe, only not.")

(The rest o' these are pretty self-explanatory. Not that the previous one wasn't, but--*Smacks forehead* I'm a dullard who no one loves... )

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;

Old 09-03-2006   #57
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by SketchImpressions
the bottom of a jar of pesto noodles i ate for lunch.
That last noodle looks so lonely.

Quote:
Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante
Ummm... *Refrains from making the typical "Holy dancing bears, I'm double-posting!" comment* (Bears...bears who are "set apart"...Uh--).
I'll stop you from making a triple post then!

Zana, your pictures are very lovely. Do you have a thing for stairs? I seem to see a lot of them here. That's cool if you like stairs. For me, I see stairs and grumble to myself, "Damn, another obstacle."
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 09-03-2006   #58
SketchImpressions
AlmostSmart Goddess

SketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond reputeSketchImpressions has a reputation beyond repute

zana, your pictures are always lovely. I cant find my up loading cored. I have some great new pictures. drat.....

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells."
— Dr. Seuss

What we have is socialism for the rich and trickle down economics for the rest of us. I am part of the 99% of Americans left outside of Economic Elite circles...
Old 09-04-2006   #59
me inside
Finally We Are No One

me inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divineme inside is divine
Send a message via MSN to me inside

Zana i guess uve seen those, well for those who havnt, these are some of my amateur photos. Enjoy!

Softly seething, surreal breathing..
Ignite the cannon with sphagnum lanthum..
Laud the armies of diphthongs with your superannuating Diphtheria..
And I will ever be your combustive tablature of igneous geometries.
Old 09-04-2006   #60
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

That'll show all those who think that Lebanon is in the desert. Fools!
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Closed Thread