Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 07-23-2008   #1
Clamps
Meka Leka Hi Meka Hinny Ho!!

Clamps is a splendid one to beholdClamps is a splendid one to beholdClamps is a splendid one to beholdClamps is a splendid one to beholdClamps is a splendid one to beholdClamps is a splendid one to beholdClamps is a splendid one to behold
ACLU may take on cops' saggy pants policy

Doesn't the ACLU have better things to do

Quote:
FLINT, Mich., July 22 (UPI) -- The American Civil Liberties Union said it may file suit to challenge a Flint, Mich., police policy of charging wearers of saggy pants with indecent exposure.

The ACLU's Michigan chapter said it is seeking to speak to those targeted by the policy after Flint Police Chief David Dicks said he will not back down from his plan to charge those whose saggy pants expose too much underwear or bare bottoms with indecent exposure, the Detroit Free Press reported Tuesday.

"We are confident that young men in Flint will contact us now that the chief has announced that he won't budge," said Michael Steinberg, legal director of the Michigan ACLU. "If they do, we'll sue. We may have the dubious distinction of being the first saggy pants lawsuit in the country."
The ACLU said Monday was the deadline for Dicks to abandon the policy and they are now seeking to fight it.

However, Dicks said he will not be discouraged by the threat of an ACLU lawsuit. He said Flint police are "going to keep doing what we're doing."

"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger. " The Joker

"See, I'm a man of simple tastes. I like gunpowder...and dynamite...and gasoline! Do you know what all of these things have in common? They're cheap!"
The Joker

"Kill you? I don't want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, you... you complete me."
The Joker

Clamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #2
Pharm
Deutschland

Pharm is a name known to allPharm is a name known to allPharm is a name known to allPharm is a name known to allPharm is a name known to allPharm is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Pharm Send a message via Yahoo to Pharm
Re: ACLU may take on cops' saggy pants policy

F*** the ACLU.

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

ACLU:America's Communist Lobbying Union!
CNN:Communist News Network!
Kick The U.N. Out of America, Send them to France!
Pharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #3
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

word
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #4
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

I say more power to the ACLU. What right do a bunch of self-serving lawmakers have to say that exposing one's boxers as one's pants are sagging is "indecent exposure".

Why is America so goddamned prudish?
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #5
Nadine
Such a TEASE! *RAWR*

Nadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divine
Send a message via MSN to Nadine Send a message via Yahoo to Nadine

Wow...that's a waste of time and energy. dumb asses! Oh~well! Althought I must say that some guys can pull off the baggy (saggy...whatever) pants thing while others should be shot in their tracks for doing it. Just my opinion. I was trying to find the skit that Denis Leary did about underwear go inside the pants but it's in the middle of a coffee skit so I'm not gonna post it. If you guys want me to I will. But it's funny as hell!!! "That's the basic concept about underwear. It goes INSIDE the fuckin pants. Not here, not here, not here. INSIDE THE FUCKIN PANTS! That's why it's called UNDER-FUCKIN-WEAR!!" rofl

ALTHOUGH, if they do that, then they should do something about girls who wear their pants too low! At least with boxers, the guys ass is covered! With a girl, you see EVERYTHING....well, unless she's wearing "butt floss"...then you see a string. BUT STILL, boxers at least cover. Now if the BOXERS are riding too low, just shoot the dumb ass!

"And I hope that in time
You will eventually see
An oh so slight fondness
That you might have had once for me"
~me~

"I don't need SEX! Life FUCKS me whenever it can!"
~Unknown~
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #6
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

But it is another right that we'd be taking away from people.

It's a double-standard if you ask me. Men don't complain when a woman's thong, bra strap, panties, etc. are showing but because people in the "urban" style sag their pants they ban it?

How is that not sexism?

-=-=-

And well, I've got a reason to be upset about this myself. I don't "bust the sag". Well, not intentionally. My problem is that, even wearing a belt, I have trouble keeping my pants up because I don't like to wear them on the hips and I don't have much of an ass to hold them up otherwise. For me, it's a comfort issue. My boxers don't regularly show but there is a possibility.

But that's just a personal thing. Beyond personal problems, it really is discrimination, sexism, and a violation of civil rights, no matter how you slice it.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #7
Nadine
Such a TEASE! *RAWR*

Nadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divineNadine is divine
Send a message via MSN to Nadine Send a message via Yahoo to Nadine

True. I won't agrue with you there. I'd be screwed if I didn't have a belt. My problem is that in order for me to have pants that aren't tight in my thigh when I sit or move around, I have to get a size larger than my waist. Totally blows. So if I don't have a belt on, all I'd have to do is jump and OH SHIT!! LOL Only reason I know that is because I forgot to unzip my pants once when I was changing and they came off with ease. So yeah.....I highly doubt any one really wanted to know that.

"And I hope that in time
You will eventually see
An oh so slight fondness
That you might have had once for me"
~me~

"I don't need SEX! Life FUCKS me whenever it can!"
~Unknown~
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #8
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I think the phrasing allowed the ACLU to be inaccurately perceived as being the charge it is challenging.

There is this bit from nearly a year ago: Councilman To Ban Exposed Underwear

Personally, I don't care what anyone wears or doesn't except around my food. We accidentally eat enough bugs and things we don't want to know or think about without having to wonder if strange pubes floated on a breeze into our food or an exposed crevice.

There is just no good way to put that or this: A few days aog in a supermarket I saw a young guy in an aisle stocking dairy with his pants around his thighs. I can let that pass, but the problem above was the brown streak on the stretchy undies that lay flipped over the top of the back of his pants.

Now, and Bryan and Chris and Mike will all confirm this, I despise plumber's butt and for kicks they all do this, "hey mom, look". Then I look and sometimes it isn't but sometimes it IS an ass staring back at me. They think this is hilarious. They even take phone pictures and save them to surprise me with. Admittedly it's probably as funny to them as chasing someone around with a dead rat, which I have done. But, I have to say that brownstreak in that kid's undies should not be on a body stocking dairy in a store because he apparently lacked proper knowledge of socially acceptable hygiene. Mind you this was not a blip, it was a mini-mudslide.

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #9
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

hahaha. hey everyone knows you cant run with your pants down. i'd say, start chasing these hoodlums.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #10
Drogdar
The one and only.

Drogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond reputeDrogdar has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't read the whole thread, but we had the same problem at my high school.

If you were "low riding" then you got a referral for "showing your underwear" and for being out of dress code. girls got into the same trouble, but teachers were a little more forgiving... actually now that I think of it. It was only the principals that wrote people up for it O_o

Quote:
Originally Said by foxy View Post
...@ @...
...( _ )...
(\( ... )/)
m mm m

OBEY HYPNOTOAD
Quote:
Originally Said by YouKnowWhoYouAre
Ah well, she knows she's a bitch.
Drogdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #11
cstoll
?!

cstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond reputecstoll has a reputation beyond repute

Um, don't police and our court systems have better things to do?

You know, I bet if the headline said "Police charge wearers of 'saggy pants' with indecent exposure," the reaction here would be different.
Not "Fuck the ACLU" but "fuck the police."

Some people have a strange hatred of the ACLU based on stereotypes and misinformation. They can't handle the idea of a group doing both good and bad things. A complicated world--how shocking.

"I have a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel."
--Blackadder
cstoll is offline   Reply With Quote