Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 03-07-2008   #1
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
As-of-yet Unnamed Forum Game

Okay. I mentioned months back about having partially developed a game we could all play on here. I must inform all of you that it will require more to learn than simply coming on a voting. There will be chances for random events that affect gameplay and there are roles randomly assigned to participating members. These roles allow the player to use "actions" that can benefit or harm the village.

I'll use an online random number generator for all rolls.

Presently the game only has roles (similar to classes in a Role-Playing Game). I don't think I'll implement separate races, but it's a possibility. I'm debating on adding "Attributes" (on a scale of 2-5 where 2 is the lowest and 5 is the highest) such as Strength, Charisma, Intelligence, Dexterity, and Constitution which can be used to defend against harmful "actions" or help a character to successfully perform one of their "actions".

For all intents and purposes, the game will play similarly to a table-top RPG only I will be doing all the dice rolls to prevent cheating. (Someone could say, "Hey I cast Reanimation and rolled a six which passes.")

Right now I am assuming I'll be using a six-sided die for all rolls. A one will be a critical failure and something bad will happen to the player using the action. A six will be a critical pass and something much more devastating or beneficial will affect the player the action is performed on.

-=-=-=-

That's the gist of it now. I am telling everyone who is interested in playing that this will not be simple but it will be many times more fun than your average forum game. As such, you'll be expected to learn a little (but not much) about how the game works.

For example, if you're performing an action that checks a characters Strength attribute, it wouldn't be wise to do it against a Fighter Class character as they're likely to have a higher strength (probably five), so you'd have to roll a five or six for it to affect them.

The concepts for the game are incomplete so before I continue developing it, I'm interested to know who would be willing to play. If I can get enough players, I'll work on it in my notebook this weekend while I am out-of-town.

Who's interested?
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #2
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: As-of-yet Unnamed Forum Game

i'll play, but you're gonna have to do some more 'splainin'.
Old 03-07-2008   #3
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth

I understand the basics of what you're saying Jason, so I'll give it the old scholar try and join your fun.

Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #4
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

shut up orgoth. :P
Old 03-07-2008   #5
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth

Tis not my fault that you don't understand the basics of what Jason is saying, I've been tabletop role playing for almost 9 years now (obviously not as many as Jason), so I have some experience. What do you say to that Panda?

Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #6
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

she better have nothing to say cuz i want her to shut up!

yeah i'll play, see whats up with this

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #7
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

I'll play. It sounds cool!

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #8
misfitchris
zer0.

misfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to misfitchris

ill play

Don't you just love it when the end result is greater than the sum of its parts?
misfitchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #9
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

I'm drunk now but I plan on using some of this time I have while away from home to further develop the game.

Do any of you have any ideas that you might think would enhance the overall gameplay? I'll take them all into consideration.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #10
misfitchris
zer0.

misfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to misfitchris

lightsabers, lots of them.

Don't you just love it when the end result is greater than the sum of its parts?
misfitchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #11
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

pictures of our characters!

and, um. my pdoc put me on neurontin because nothing else helps me sleep. i started off at 100 mg and it didn't do much. so tonight, he said i could increase to 200mg, but i'm wating for matt to get in and it's really fucked me up.

my character's weakness is drugs

haha just killding

but anyways, yea, avatars are cool, and, well, i've never played a game like tihs befoer. i want to hear some idaea too!

oh and we can use real points. say, 100 at a time at least. and whoever gets whatever, has to give the other character the points, via banking. but we still keep up with like in magic. that would be really cool. and we should get a troply, like in the arcade, except i guess a gift trophy instead, with a caption saying what for