Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > The Blog

The Blog Post the crazy happenings in your life here. If it's interesting enough it may be moved to the main news page.

Old 11-03-2011   #1
Brisa
The Missing Linx

Brisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divine
Send a message via MSN to Brisa Send a message via Skype™ to Brisa
I think Im in a situation over half of the world is in :S

Been a while since I have written in this specific part of the forum. Quite frankly this is not a fantastic happening that is going on in my life. It's neither happy or fun, more like a sullen, stressful event that more then most have experienced or still are experiencing.

Forgive my punctuation, I will try my best not to annoy the eyes.

Money...

I have started to enter the realm of debt. Which I know most on this forum would know. Panicking is one of my weaknesses and I find myself in tears often over this predicament I find myself in.
I would like to point fingers, like how my ex wanted things and said he would pay for them later if I could get them now (Which never happened, instead he ran off to the other side of Canada). Indeed, It was a hardy attempt at self preserving the guilt of wracking up a credit card, but I could have said no.

No, This debt problem is my own.
Bill's I am trapped in due to "AMAZING" limited time deals from providers, only to find that it is to keep you into their services longer (Even if you don't have the money to spare).
Banks fee's are riding my ass, They seem to only want more money then if they would ever give. Then the bank denies ever doing any harm.
Corporate companies trying to sneak extra money from payments which causes more NSF's in your banking account. Budgeting failures when you try so hard, but you figure "just this once", which who knew "Once" was more then a singular number.

I try to think what service I can drop to cut my costs, but I'm trapped. Either way to drop a service would cost me far more then if I continue to pay the minimum.
I have to put my foot down somewhere.. and somehow it seems like I am on Ice and can't do so with out falling, or having my foot fall through.

I want to help others, but how can I help others when I can barely support myself. Hopes of lotto solving my problems are as slim as a finding a one of a kind molecule in this universe. To burden family when they have tried to help in the past by giving you a good school to go to, only when you have dropped out and now work at a lowly convenience store, seems more ridiculous as you think about it.

I suppose this is the ranting that I feel I must do, but if anyone else is out there in a similar predicament, Know you are not alone.

The dilemma now is: What is my choice to do in this situation? Falter and go further down the path I'm on, Hiding in hopes that I will not have to face this fear and just wait till I sink? OR Will I finally get some ice skates and slide through the slippery path and find my way to land again where I can walk?
Brisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #2
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I think Im in a situation over half of the world is in :S

Alright, let's talk numbers.

How much debt are you in? What's your net monthly income? And what are your total monthly expenses? Are you losing money every month (using credit)?

What form is your debt in? Car loan? Plastic?

And yes, banks are trying to fuck you over. Every big corporation is. That's the sad reality we all have to deal with :(

I'd recommend switching your money to a credit union on National Bank Transfer day, this November 5th. They still hit you with fees, but not fees at the ATM. Also, B of A backed off on the yearly debit card fee, but they're probably trying to find somewhere else to reap that money. They're hurting pretty bad, financially. I think they lost like $8B last quarter? Don't quote me on those numbers, though ;)

Just so you know, I'm about $6,000 in debt, my net income is under $1000, and I'm no longer racking up debt but I'm really struggling to make my car and credit card payment every month. So, I know how you feel.

It's NOT the end of the world, though. Like you said, most people are in debt. To live the kind of lifestyle that we're constantly told we need, we HAVE to be in debt. Need a car? Debt. Want a house? Debt. Desire spending power? Debt. The credit bubble and the constant brainwashing (you NEED this, you NEED that) have really done a number on society. People our age are the worst affected, too, because we never really had a fair chance at the American Dream. Unless we were born into a wealthy family. It's a really sad state of affairs, and there's not much any individual can do to change it. What you can do, though, is get out of debt personally. It's not an overnight process, and it will probably take a lot longer than getting into debt did, but it's doable. DON'T give up hope.

Give me your total debt vs. your monthly income and we'll figure out what you can do every month to climb up this hill til you're back at the top.
Old 11-03-2011   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

stop buying shit you don't need.
pay your bills. pay more than minimum. this will help in the long run, because you won't be buying shit you don't need in the short run.
and also, stop buying stupid shit. didn't you just buy a new phone? that's stupid shit.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #4
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Who, me? Yeah, I did. I lost my old phone.
Old 11-14-2011   #5
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

i was talking to brisa, mud. but yeah perfect example. everything has to become stupid shit to you.
new phone = stupid shit.
new shoes = stupid shit.
really, anything new is considered stupid shit you don't need. unless you need it. in that case, also get yourself a new hole in the head. lol

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
courage, dept, money, problem, solutions