Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Gamers Hangout

Gamers Hangout Forum for game addicts. PC or console.

Old 06-07-2013   #1
Sharker
Old & Wise Member

Sharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sharker Send a message via MSN to Sharker Send a message via Yahoo to Sharker
X1 or Ps4 anyone?

Curious if anyone is interested in spending the $500 and up for a new system come Christmas time? It will most likely be alot more than $500, I can't see myself dropping any money for a new system though, I have both ps3 and 360, and quite happy with just Call of Duty, and ps3 as my media station (aka bluray, and streaming). Just curious what people are rooting for... I think I would grab a Ps4, I am a bit tired of paying for live every year.

Sharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #2
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: X1 or Ps4 anyone?

the ps3 was 500$ when it first came out. that was the best ps3 to date.

ps4 can suck my balls. what more can they possibly add?

the games that are coming out? a bunch of stupid ass 10$ games, that are side scrolling, kid games. i remember when graphics mattered. i remember when content mattered. games these days have nothing of the sort. call of duty is a sham. all games now are a sham. you can't even let your friend borrow the game without borrowing your stupid console.

sorry to bust your bubble, but the ps4 can suck it. as for the xbox, that shit has been sucking it since day one of Xbox (taking your money before your stupid ugly face and then spit on you) Live.

the videogame market shows no progression other than quick buck sales. in other words, full price for half-done games.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #3
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Every time I think they can't make the XBONE worse, they do.

You have to connect to the internet once every 24 hours or else all of your games (even the single-player RPGs) stop working.
Games will upload content from the cloud. Don't have a broadband connection? Fuck you.
The Kinect sensor must be on and connected at all times. Basically a camera and microphone in your living room that you can't turn off. Fantastic.
You can't lend games, rent games, trade games (except at Microsoft-approved trade centers) or sell games (unless that person has been your XBox "friend" for at least 30 days, then the game is locked to their account forever).

Yeah, I wouldn't have one even if it were free.

We'll see what the PS4 does in response, but I'm afraid it will likely have the same type of DRM crap (although Sony has stated that we will be able to sell used games).

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #4
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Mrs. Obvious.

No really... Thank you!

what does the ps4 have that the 60gig ps3 didn't? what's backwards compatibility to the makers of this shit? i know these motherfuckers have had this ps4 fuckin plan for decades now. what the fuck can a ps4 possibly provide that a piece of shit ps3 ([red]yellow ring of death) can't?

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 06-08-2013   #5
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Sir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond repute

The only feature of the Xbone that is designed to appeal to consumers is additional horsepower. Everything else is meant to stymie piracy and used game sales, creating a huge inconvenience for legitimate users.

There is no reason to assume the PS4 will be any different, because Sony has been mum on the subject. Avoiding the question is as incriminating as answering it.

The only reason I bought a Wii U is because the GPU in my Wii was fried, so I figured I'd spend $300 on a new system (my first HD system, no less) and be able to transfer my digital content instead of spending $100 on a used Wii and lose all of my WiiWare and Virtual Console games. It turns out I may have made the best decision, because the Wii U may be the only next gen system that isn't a total piece of shit.
Old 06-08-2013   #6
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
the games that are coming out? a bunch of stupid ass 10$ games, that are side scrolling, kid games. i remember when graphics mattered. i remember when content mattered. games these days have nothing of the sort. call of duty is a sham. all games now are a sham. you can't even let your friend borrow the game without borrowing your stupid console.
No no no you have it all wrong.

Back in my day good games had terrible graphics and fantastic depth, wonderful gameplay. Now they have spectacular graphics (mostly) and shoddy at best (save for a handful) depth and gameplay.

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #7
foxyphoenix

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Sir Kent View Post
The only reason I bought a Wii U is because the GPU in my Wii was fried, so I figured I'd spend $300 on a new system (my first HD system, no less) and be able to transfer my digital content instead of spending $100 on a used Wii and lose all of my WiiWare and Virtual Console games. It turns out I may have made the best decision, because the Wii U may be the only next gen system that isn't a total piece of shit.
The SO and I are considering a WiiU (we have a Wii). What games do you enjoy on it?

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 06-08-2013   #8
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Sir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond reputeSir Kent has a reputation beyond repute

There isn't a lot. I have Monster Hunter 3, Injustice and Resident Evil Revelations which are all good. I'll be getting Deus Ex when it's out for the improved boss fights.
Old 06-08-2013   #9
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone for Elder Scrolls Online?

I wasn't very excited for it. Every single one of my friends wants it bad, and my brother bought a special keyboard mouse and headset just for it. Not to mention the computer he has yet to purchase, specifically for this game. I watched a couple of videos and wasn't too impressed, I mean it just looks like WoW with a bit more 'adult' graphics and the elder scrolls leveling system (sort of). I'm interested that you actually HAVE to block, or roll to the side to dodge, instead of two cartoons standing in front of each other doing flips and shit with DODGE and BLOCK showing up in white letters once in a blue moon. All in all I'll buy it, even if they do a monthly cost that isn't outrageous. Mostly just because with the amount of people I know buying and playing it, I should usually have someone to group up with and slaughter crap.

Also Defiance, anyone play that?

Old 06-08-2013   #10
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Elder Scrolls On a Kaiser looks good enough, but I never do the subscription thing for games. From history, though, it'll probably go free to play in six months.
Old 06-08-2013   #11
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

It may launch free to play, they haven't annouced it yet, they don't even have the release date set, just sometime late this year.

Normally I roll a heavy armor knight, a mage, or a combo of the two in any MMO. Except the one twink rogue I made to piss people off: *STUN*STABSTABSTAB*STUN*STABSTAB*STUN*STABSTAB*VAN ISH* creep away, keep a safe distance, BAM! Back on ya. People love that. Sap the sucker in the back of the group and watch his friends ride away while he stands there all dumb.

This time with the dodge mechanics I may just try out a light armor super agile dagger wielding doom bringer, magical twist for invisibility and charm spells? Perhaps.

Old 06-08-2013   #12
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

I've never gotten into an MMO so I don't have a standard build. In Elder Scrolls games, though, I always go melee + stealth. Except in Skyrim, where I finally played as an archer. It made the game ridiculously easy.

Old 06-08-2013   #13
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Yeah archery killed that game for me. Once you learn the sneak + decent bow and arrow shot to head = instant kill and nobody knows where the hell you are it's game over.

Old 06-09-2013   #14
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

I have Skyrim and the fucking mission fucking glitched on me. I can't pass the mission and it's part of the fucking story. Piece of shit game, I have to start all over in hopes that when I get back to that fucking part, it doesn't fucking glitch on me, stupid bitch.

my guy is level 50 or some shit, warrior, heavy armor 100, block 100, strike 90. i just started working on the fucking destruction magic. But I can't advance the fucking game now, so what's the fucking point?

The last shit I played where I had to pay subscraption fees was FF11. I made level 10, but everyone was bitching that I didn't do my stupid ass sub job, so the fucking assholes didn't want to party with me. lol stupid bitches in that game. fucking crybabies.
that shit was years ago though.

I have not seen this Elder Scrolls online though. Could be okay. It *could be.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 06-09-2013   #15
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

I'm along the could be line as well. I'll try it out on the merits that every elder scrolls game has been pretty good so far.

Where it can fall apart is "MMO"

Old 06-09-2013   #16
Sir Kent
Sir Kunty

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
I have Skyrim and the fucking mission fucking glitched on me. I can't pass the mission and it's part of the fucking story. Piece of shit game, I have to start all over in hopes that when I get back to that fucking part, it doesn't fucking glitch on me, stupid bitch.
It's a glitchy game. If you're playing on PC, though, you can use the console to reset or advance the stage of a quest so that you don't have to restart the whole game.

Here's a tutorial: http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-t...C-242822.shtml
Old 06-10-2013   #17
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

woo hoo

thanks.
this should work. brilliant

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 06-11-2013   #18
foxyphoenix

PS4 for $399? $399????

It's over, Microsoft. Go home.

-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 06-11-2013   #19
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

tha'ts not much chick. or is it?

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 06-11-2013   #20
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

From specs I've seen PS4 not only outclasses Xbox in hardware AND utility, it cost $100 less.

GG micro$oft, GG

Not that I was going to buy either anyway.