Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Guys & Gals

Guys & Gals Girls + Guys, Relationships, Dating, Sex, Babe threads, etc...

Old 06-05-2011   #1
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
Knowing Me... Would This Work?

So I've been talking to this girl I met on OkCupid a lot. I had made a big mistake when she told me she didn't drink and I said "Well, you can just watch me drink." She replied with "I'm a recovering alcoholic so the prospect of watching someone drink doesn't appeal to me."

Well, I apologized profusely and all was well. Then, last night, I told her about how I used to have serious drug problems. She asked if I ever went to Narcotics Anonymous. I immediately wanted to respond saying "I would never go to through a Twelve-Step Program." but decided to just say "No."

Nothing against the Twelve-step Programs. I just don't believe in God so I don't know how I could get through most of the 12 steps which require affirming belief in a higher power.

Besides that, I haven't done drugs since November 7th. I think I'm capable of not doing them all on my own.

-=-=-

But I wonder, knowing my past and how I enjoy drinking, would a relationship with her work? She claims that she wouldn't have a problem with me drinking. She was apparently hanging out with her sisters and their husbands last night while she was texting me, albeit as a "distraction from drunk people".

I can go without drinking too, if I need to. Sure, I still enjoy it but lately I have only been drinking 3-4 times a month.

What do you all think?
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011   #2
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Knowing Me... Would This Work?

Do you think you'll need a bit of dutch courage to meet her? I always mess things up when drink is involved, maybe it'd be a good thing to just not drink anyway?

Also on a side note, do all the drug programmes there involve God??
David- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011   #3
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by David- View Post
Do you think you'll need a bit of dutch courage to meet her?
Normally, I'd say yes. However, she and I get along quite famously, it would seem. We are both, in my opinion, very funny and nerdy individuals. I am 29 and she is 27, so there is no big difference in age.

Our first conversation went something like this:

• Me: Your profile is humorous. My only qualm is that "bow staff" is misspelled. The word is "bo" and it's short for bojutsu. Sorry to be "that guy" or "that asshole".
    Also, while I am self-taught, I am pretty good with this weapon. I wanted to be a monk when I grew up. Friar Tuck fights with a quarterstaff, doesn't he?
  • Her: Yes that was pointed out to me , ive been meaning to correct it. it's cool, i can handle a little constructive criticism. no, friar tuck had a kitana.
  • Me: lol...
    Ahh, yes, the legend of Robin Hood and his Merry Men is coming back to me now.
    BANZAI!
  • Her: He also had a fatality that involved turning into a lizard and spitting facemelting acid in his opponent's face.
  • Me: I am walking away smiling. (And are you sure that's not an animality?)
  • Her: I think I know my classic literature, thank you very much.

Quote:
I always mess things up when drink is involved, maybe it'd be a good thing to just not drink anyway?
Well, it might be. At least around her. At first. She doesn't seem to have a problem hanging out with her two sisters and husbands-in-law while they drink and play video games. But I already told her that I wouldn't drink around her if she didn't want me to.

Quote:
Also on a side note, do all the drug programmes there involve God??
The Twelve-step Program itself, no matter if it is for alcoholism, narcotics, overeating, working too much, etc., if built around submitting to a higher power because you admit that you can't control yourself, or something like that.

Just see:

Twelve-step Program
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 06-06-2011   #4
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

admitting that you need something more than yourself to quit your substance abuse. They don't use "God" in the 12 steps because they know some people don't believe in god. they use higher-power, because, on the road to recovery, most people simply cannot quit by themselves. they need the higher-power, to control themselves so they will not use. it works beautifully if you truly know, you cannot quit using on your own.

as for you EC, would it be too hard for you to not drink when you kick it with her?
if i were her and you're still talking about drinking, i wouldn't care to meet you. recovering alcoholics are exactly that until they die.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011   #5
EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
as for you EC, would it be too hard for you to not drink when you kick it with her?
No, it wouldn't be hard at all.

Quote:
if i were her and you're still talking about drinking, i wouldn't care to meet you. recovering alcoholics are exactly that until they die.
I thought so too but she still hangs out with drinking people.
-=-=-=-
Old 06-06-2011   #6
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

ya know, it could work in your favor to take her away from the drinking people... like take her out, but to chill or whatever. get away from the party scene. shit, whydont you two go run together? somethin

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 06-06-2011   #7
EmperorChaos

Sounds like a good idea.

The drinking people are her sisters and husbands-in-law though... so I guess she's in good hands.
-=-=-=-
Old 06-06-2011   #8
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

yeah, some family... we know you're going through a lot trying to stay sober, but we're still going to drink around you....

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 06-07-2011   #9
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

this could be your biggest moment

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Last edited by psychoDiablo; 06-07-2011 at 02:18 AM. Reason: HA!
Old 06-08-2011   #10
EmperorChaos

Hahaha. my finest hour.
-=-=-=-
Old 06-08-2011   #11
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

bring barq's root beer

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 06-08-2011   #12
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

how long has she been sober?
Old 06-09-2011   #13
EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by hai Jay View Post
how long has she been sober?
Three years since she had a relapse. Two years before the relapse.
-=-=-=-
Old 06-10-2011   #14
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

EC, what's your drug problem involve? Like speed and uppers and shit right?

Anyway, seems good that you've found someone you're getting along well with, and it's an extra plus that she's one of the ones with a vagina!! Those are always fun while they last.

And I feel you about the 12 step program thing. Believing in God is totally wack and I laugh at those who do. (See my signature).
Old 06-10-2011   #15
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

no need to knock the 12 step... it may very well be the one thing to help all of you with your drug problems.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 06-10-2011   #16
EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
Besides that, I haven't done drugs since November 7th. I think I'm capable of not doing them all on my own.
I know I am verbose but that don't mean you fellas can't read my whole post. At least I write correctly and with the proper punctuation for easy readability.

Quote:
Originally Said by MudPuppet View Post
EC, what's your drug problem involve? Like speed and uppers and shit right?
Well, I don't have a drug problem any more, per se. I still take my prescribed amphetamine salts (Adderall). However, I do not abuse it. I the amount (or less!) that I am prescribed each day.

The drugs I was abusing were more serious than just uppers. I was taking a lot of painkillers. Hydrocodone and oxycodone especially, with the latter often being snorted.

I was also smoking weed then too. I haven't done anything since November 7th, which was the last time I smoked pot. The last time I did painkillers was sometime in October.

I still take adderall, of course.

Quote:
Anyway, seems good that you've found someone you're getting along well with, and it's an extra plus that she's one of the ones with a vagina!! Those are always fun while they last.
I know, right? Thing is... she hasn't responded to me for two hours now. I mean like... goddammit, she starts a conversation about masturbation which is, I must say, intriguing and surprising. I responded whimsically. I thought I would get a response from that. Nothing.

Granted, it could be that she was nearing the end of her work day and had shit to do.

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
no need to knock the 12 step... it may very well be the one thing to help all of you with your drug problems.
Again, I don't need a program like that to stop using. I already have and I did it on my own.

The way Twelve-step programs work is actually a form of mind control. I am not saying that is a bad thing. I am only pointing out that similar tactics are used.
-=-=-=-
Old 06-11-2011   #17
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

lol mind control. getting yourself to admit to being an alcoholic is mind control lol

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 07-02-2011   #18
EmperorChaos

Update: We still talk practically daily via AIM/text messages. (AIM for me, texts for her.) We haven't met yet.
-=-=-=-
Old 07-02-2011   #19
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute

Get it done.
David- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011   #20
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Finish it / start it...