Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 04-14-2011   #1
argentmoon
harajuku girl

argentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to argentmoon
plastic surgery to avoid bullying?

have we as a society really come to this?

Parents of 7-year-old girl teased for her ears said surgery was the only option.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-1...rgery-24902719

the spirit in me bows to the spirit in you

argentmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011   #2
Sharker
Old & Wise Member

Sharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sharker Send a message via MSN to Sharker Send a message via Yahoo to Sharker
Re: plastic surgery to avoid bullying?

Yes... sadly... My case is worse, i was born with little ears, no cartilage, just lobes, and i wear a hearing aid on a headband. My boss's son had the same issue with his one ear, but he's already on like surgery 6 or so of the reconstruction, it looks pretty good. But people are horrid. Bullying is always going to exist, its as if people bully to make themselves feel better, when they should feel like pieces of shit. I never got surgery, i somewhat have a phobia of hospitals anyway, lol. That and when they offered me the option, i was already in middle school, teasing was more in Elementary school when kids were not very familiar with me. I get stares here any there, but most people don't seem to realize it anymore, or just don't pay attention.

Sharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Quote:
Originally Said by argentmoon View Post
have we as a society really come to this?

Parents of 7-year-old girl teased for her ears said surgery was the only option.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-1...rgery-24902719
yeah. why not? it's an option. ya got money, ya can spend it. buy kids. hell, buy kids ears.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011   #4
Sharker
Old & Wise Member

Sharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sharker Send a message via MSN to Sharker Send a message via Yahoo to Sharker

Its not money, insurance covers things of that sort. I was offered reconstruction surgery for free, just didn't appeal to me at the age i was.

Sharker is offline   Reply With Quote