Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discussion related to technology, computers, and the internet.

Old 07-07-2011   #1
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Name Your Smart Phone

I recently got a droid 2 incredible and fell in love instantly. It's my first touchscreen or smart phone. My main complaint is that sometimes it freezes up.
Old 07-07-2011   #2
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Name Your Smart Phone

Just sold my iPhone and I'm back on a shitty phone. Missing the apps already.. fs!

This is so true- http://www.phandroid.com/wp-content/...33-550x777.jpg
David- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #3
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm Droid 2 Incredible! I'm jealous! I have a first gen Motorola Droid. It has served me well, but I've had it since October 2009 and it's starting to fall apart. As soon as I have the money, I'm buying a new Android phone.

Also, soon you'll learn the threshold of use your phone can withstand before it freezes. If it's freezing, it's probably because you're trying to do to many things too quickly, kind of like an old computer.

Sent from my Droid ;p
Old 07-07-2011   #4
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

fuck your stupid phone.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #5
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
fuck your stupid phone.
Shut up old man, this is the future.
Old 07-07-2011   #6
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Ya I realize when im doin a snit load like listening to music and downloading music and surfing the web/playing spades or some other game it fucks itself.
Old 07-07-2011   #7
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

the future with a bunch of retards with bent necks and arthritic thumbs and a 50% attention span.

fuck all your stupid phones.

it's sending us backwards

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 07-07-2011   #8
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by hai Jay View Post
I recently got a droid 2 incredible

When i first heard about Droid 2 Incredible I thought that 2 Droid Incredible would make a good name for a rap group.

So I'm looking for R2DJ.

And me? Well, I am MC Threepio.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #9
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

Jason, enough with the lame jokes.

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
the future with a bunch of retards with bent necks and arthritic thumbs and a 50% attention span.

fuck all your stupid phones.

it's sending us backwards
Don't hate just because yours is raggedy.
Old 07-08-2011   #10
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Jason, enough with the lame jokes.
It's not really a lame joke. I was kinda serious. Nerdcore rap is hot.

-=-=-

Does it count if I have Droid and iPhone emulators on my computer?
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011   #11
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

My phone is basically a teeny tiny laptop or something but way cooler.
Old 07-08-2011   #12
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
It's not really a lame joke. I was kinda serious. Nerdcore rap is hot.

-=-=-

Does it count if I have Droid and iPhone emulators on my computer?
RJD2 is god.

Also, you bought a smartphone yet? I'll help you with your search. You were talking about it on IRC the other day but I forgot.
Old 07-08-2011   #13
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

your phones are crap.

you guys dontrealize how stupid you people look, trying to talk to a friend while youre standing there looking at a stupid screen trying to text, with dumbass wires coming out of your ears.

you kids are definitely sending us backward, eating up all this cell phone crap. your grandkids are going to be braindead with all the cellular radiation you dumbasses love.
where's funk? i bet he's exactly like this...and then complaining about the food killing everyone....

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 07-08-2011   #14
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

It's the way of the future, man. You can either be dragged along kicking and screaming, or you can adapt. Either way, it's coming.
Old 07-08-2011   #15
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

I can connects w/ family on fb, use instant messenger, text, browse, finally use a speedometer since mine in my car doesn't work, get nearly any song I want free downloaded, manage all my school shit, check multiple emails at once all my social networks at once and there's tons more useful apps. I love my phone. Quit hating.

While we're looking dumb on our phones we might be handling all kinds of important shit simultaneously.
Old 07-09-2011   #16
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
While we're looking dumb on our phones we might be handling all kinds of important shit simultaneously.
LMAO!!!

okay mrs. spaceman. like im really going to believe you kids have business meetings and calls you just can't miss. LOLOL that's a good one jasmine.... important shit hahahaha

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 07-10-2011   #17
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Quote:
Ya I realize when im doin a snit load like listening to music and downloading music and surfing the web/playing spades or some other game it fucks itself.
The fastest your phone will get it when it's connected to wifi and on AC power. This is true for many smartphones and may be true for yours - when it's on battery power, it will underclock its processor (run slower on purpose) to save battery. When it's on AC, it'll go back to full processing power. Wifi makes everything faster too, since lots of services require connecting to the web and 3G is generally pretty slow.
Old 07-27-2011   #18
Sharker
Old & Wise Member

Sharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sharker Send a message via MSN to Sharker Send a message via Yahoo to Sharker

I have an Optimus V. It's a pretty sweet little droid phone. I do miss having a keyboard over the touchscreen, but i definitely got used to it in very little time.

But as for smartphones go... i think its 1 out of 10 people who don't own one yet, they are just so popular now. Let alone the fact cell phone companies give the stuff away for free with contracts and whatnot. I mean, the basic Droid goes for $49 now with a contract, that's insane.

My 3g isn't too bad downloading mp3s, maybe 3 minutes or so per song. Around 20 seconds on wifi. Have you guys noticed all the mp3 download apps are disappearing though? Guessing the droid market is getting in trouble for supplying such applications. Anywho, I am just happy i found one that works, god knows they will ban it, and stop updating it -_-

On a last note, does anyone have the tikl app? I got it a few months back, but have no contacts who use it. It seems just like using the nextels chirp/walkie talkie, which i somewhat miss about having boost mobile, other than their shitty service.

Sharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #19
AlMotizzle
The Bamboozler!

AlMotizzle is a glorious beacon of lightAlMotizzle is a glorious beacon of lightAlMotizzle is a glorious beacon of lightAlMotizzle is a glorious beacon of lightAlMotizzle is a glorious beacon of light

I got an HTC Desire S. Waiting on them to unlock the boot loader so I can mess around with it. I love to phone but I'm not liking HTC Sense.
AlMotizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011   #20
AlMotizzle
The Bamboozler!

AlMotizzle is a glorious beacon of lightAlMotizzle is a glorious beacon of lightAlMotizzle is a glorious beacon of lightAlMotizzle is a glorious beacon of lightAlMotizzle is a glorious beacon of light

Just put Cyanogenmod on my phone. FREEDOM!!!
AlMotizzle is offline   Reply With Quote