Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > The Blog

The Blog Post the crazy happenings in your life here. If it's interesting enough it may be moved to the main news page.

Old 08-21-2004   #1
spadetje
pretty in life & pretty in death

spadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smart
Send a message via ICQ to spadetje Send a message via AIM to spadetje Send a message via MSN to spadetje
I'm back from boot camp!

Hey everyone! I just got back from camp a few hours ago and of course I ran to my computer because I missed my little beast so much.

Woo pictures!

I had the best time ever! I took the Royal Canadian Army Cadet Leader Instructor Adventure Course, which was to teach me leadership skills while out in the bush and under emergany situations. I passed the course, never had to go to the MIR (hospital thing), got silver fitness and a bronze drill competition award.

This is everyone in my platoon before final parade I am 4th from the left in the front.

I was on Bravo Company, 6 Platoon. We had British exchange students who were awesome! The English ones were the best, I shared a barracks with a couple of them and you guys are super interesting. All of you British people are fit (as in toned) all of them did extremely well on the physical fitness. The British army sounds killer compared to us Canadians.

So when I first arrived there it was way more army than I thought. I never got to leave the base and only got a little time off duty. That's what I hated the most, other than the constant being yelled at never wore civilian clothes.

For the first three weeks we went out in the bush a couple times but only for a few days to get used of the idea, and also taught lectures back at the base and everything like that. I also went repelling off a rock cliff, built and walked across a rope bridge, and shot C7's. I loved shooting those; they were wicked awesome.

The picture below is the rock cliff I repelled off of. (You can't really see it and I have a better picture it's just that no fucking FTPs will let me upload my pictures and I want to scream right now because the pictures are NOT THAT BIG SO screw off you stupid shit computer.) Anyway you get the point - it was high up.

By the fourth week we had enough training and we went on an 90 something kilometre canoe trip down the saint john river. That was so cool. (See, half of a fucking picture, you piece of shit ftp )

The first night out there we canoed 20 km and we were 3 km away from our biv site when it started pouring out.. so we were ordered to canoe harder incase it started to thunder and lightning. We're canoeing down the river and it really does start thungder and lightning out; our Warrent hollers for us to get to the side and out of the river. We paddle as hard as we can to the side eh and pull all the canoes on land in under 3 minutes (keep in mind my platoon had about 35 people in) and we started running for open land, however we were surrounded by a lake. So we pulled out tarps and all dogpiled underneath them and tried to wait out the storm. We waited there for an hour or so and our officers ordered to start marching back to our last point.

So we had to get our ruck sacks on our backs (mine was probably 40 - 50 pounds) and start marching in the thuundering lightning storm through the woods for 2.5 km. It was wicked we had to go through water to our waist and mud piles to our knees and everything. It was so cool. We made it back to our point and a couple people got hypothermia and other gross things but I was fine, so I helped everyone set up tents in the rain and we crashed there for the night.

(This is the day after the storm. We lost about 10 of our troops including our Warrant but we still canoed anyways.)

That was probably the most fun night of the canoe trip. We had to paddle the rest of the 70km in four days and I did it even though I have a bad back and it was killing me, but I didn't care.

Then the week after that we had our five day hike. In combats we took our ruck sacks and hiked from our base along a point route where we (senior cadets) were given grid references and we had to plot the points and take turns leading our groups to our biv sites. It was neat because lunch or sleep time was a destination, not a time. If we didn't arrive at the lunch spot by 12:30 then we kept marching until we got there even if it was 2 in the morning. If we messed up on the map and compass then we suffered. I led the group pretty well because I am good at map and compass.

On the last day of the hike we had night navagation where we led the group from 22:00 until 06:00 back to camp. It sucked because our group fumbled and we didn't get to our sleeping area until 16:00, which meant we had only a few hours of sleep before we hiked all night. but I did the whole thing and we got back into camp at good time.

The last week we just practiced for our final parade, and on that friday we had the parade then I left for home on Saturday.

I had the best time ever, I met so many people, found I guy I really liked and got really in shape. I cannot wait to go back for staff next year

I know it's long and boring but what can you do.
Also Kortenie has returned too She took the Army Cadet Leader Instructor Drill and Cerimonial course, and I imagine she will fill you guys in on her experience.

But I am glad to be back. I did think about you guys everyday, of course.

.TranceAddicted.
.Hardcore.Hardstyle.Trance.

Last edited by spadetje; 08-26-2004 at 08:11 PM. Reason: add pics
spadetje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #2
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55
Re: I'm back from boot camp!

sounds tough. congrats on making it through!

RubberDucky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #3
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

you think people volenteering to do these programs would treated kinder than being yelled at wtf is up with that
Old 08-21-2004   #4
Indiana Tones
Almost Smart Master

Indiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond reputeIndiana Tones has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Indiana Tones Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana Tones

Glad you're back, Spades. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. You missed out on quite a bit here, but you'll find out soon enough I guess. I can't wait to see the pictures.
Old 08-21-2004   #5
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel

yay, your back

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #6
mike
Old & Wise Member

mike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of lightmike is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to mike Send a message via AIM to mike Send a message via MSN to mike Send a message via Yahoo to mike

Finally.
Old 08-22-2004   #7
ems21
Elite Member

ems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap... glad you made it back alive. ;)

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner who needed it most?" - Mark Twain

Keep in touch with old friends on www.myspace.com
Visit My Website
Visit My Space
ems21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004   #8
Jagged
Live, Love, Laugh.

Jagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jagged

hehe Shes back and tougher then ever.

Jagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004   #9
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

WOO! Welcome back, yeah, it did sound tough, but i'm glad you had fun
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004   #10
superchicken002
Elite Member

superchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to superchicken002 Send a message via MSN to superchicken002 Send a message via Yahoo to superchicken002

Welcome back! It sounds like you had a blast!
Old 08-22-2004   #11
ALD girl

ALD girl is a splendid one to beholdALD girl is a splendid one to beholdALD girl is a splendid one to beholdALD girl is a splendid one to beholdALD girl is a splendid one to beholdALD girl is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to ALD girl Send a message via MSN to ALD girl Send a message via Skype™ to ALD girl

Wow, sounds really neat, i'm glad you made it out of there alive. I don't know if I could go through that. sshooting guns sounds really cool though.
Old 08-24-2004   #12
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I wondered where you were. Congratulations! Are you ripped now?
Old 08-25-2004   #13
_Marshall_
Old & Wise Member

_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via MSN to _Marshall_ Send a message via Yahoo to _Marshall_

wow your a lot touger then me I couldn't even get through that whole post cuase I got tired of reading lmao

Do it for Jesus
_Marshall_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004   #14
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Lmao...I've never read any post that long. I kinda skim.
Old 08-25-2004   #15
krashkitten
peace, love, unity, respect -

Location: Wherever I happen to be...which is currently Athens, AL
krashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond reputekrashkitten has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to krashkitten Send a message via AIM to krashkitten Send a message via MSN to krashkitten Send a message via Yahoo to krashkitten

Quote:
Originally Said by spadetje
I had the best time ever!
This is how you can tell she was in army boot camp and not marine boot camp. XD

Congrats on making it through, and welcome home. I didn't catch it, but do you know where your first post is? (I got tired of reading too. XD)
Luke 14:26
1 Timothy 2:11-2:15

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it." - Aurthur Dent, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Quote:
"An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex." - Edgar Wallace

krashkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004   #16
OutRadge
superman that hoe

OutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost Smart
Send a message via AIM to OutRadge Send a message via MSN to OutRadge Send a message via Yahoo to OutRadge

goob job. that took awhile to read tho.
OutRadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004   #17
Jagged
Live, Love, Laugh.

Jagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jagged

owww Your all lazy!! ;)

Jagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004   #18
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

lmao, I didn't read the entire thing. I got the jist of it from the first paragraph.
Old 08-25-2004   #19
_Marshall_
Old & Wise Member

_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via MSN to _Marshall_ Send a message via Yahoo to _Marshall_

Quote:
Originally Said by Jagged
owww Your all lazy!! ;)
well your not lazy... who has the problem here lmao

Do it for Jesus
_Marshall_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004   #20
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

Kortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna be briefer than her... I couldn't even read all that and I was there with her!

Well, not on the same course. I was on Drill and Ceremonial and while it doesn't sound as interesting as Adventure, it definitely prepares you for cadets a lot more.

I learned lots of different things like rifle drill, pace stick drill and flag party drill, all the mandatory stuff. But the coolest things that my friend Spades didn't get to do here was Feu de Jois... it's a ceremonial gun salute for those who don't know. we got to fire off round after round with 303's. that was so much fun. We were supposed to have one for final parade but we didn't. I really wanted to be on that too...
Also, we got to shoot C-7's. I don't know if Spades got to do that too, because I don't want to read all that, but they are amazing.

After that all, we had to do somekthing called OJT. On-the-Job-Trainee. I got to be a warrent in another company for the day. It was so much fun. I had to teach them all rifle drill and other things. we got marked on how we did and I did very well.

anyways. I'll write as I remember later... too lazy right now. got something else to do in another thread.

Pics as soon as I get them! Especially the ones from the helicopter ride...

I missed you guys!

Fully alive
And she knows how to believe
In futures.
Kortenie is offline   Reply With Quote