Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 07-24-2009   #1
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pitcairnpete
from the 20th of december, in the usa.

If you can make it down south, then make a place and I will meet you there ok..

I will be in florida, I will do my bit to get to you, I am not a celeb of any cause, Just want to meet people, get the word and then climb back to mine. I can pass off any train to a certain time but I will need to get back that night.

its that ok.

chaps, I am in florida, tell me what is the best thing to do ok!!

pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #2
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
Re: from the 20th of december, in the usa.

How long will you be there? From the 20th til when?

Also, where in Florida? It's only about 4 hours for me to the border, but going anywhere else takes longer.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #3
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pitcairnpete

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
How long will you be there? From the 20th til when?

Also, where in Florida? It's only about 4 hours for me to the border, but going anywhere else takes longer.
get the bus routes up and I will do the rest ok... I will be in kissimee (sp) get the bus routes to you and I will pay the rest. x

pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #4
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

You're talking a hefty sum. Buses are shit here.

You still didn't say how long you'd be there. See, I might be able to arrange to get the beach house on Edisto Island again... we could have another mini AS Convention if members are willing to take the drive.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 07-24-2009   #5
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

It would probably be cheaper to just pay for gas instead of a bus. It would also save tons of time.
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #6
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
See, I might be able to arrange to get the beach house on Edisto Island again... we could have another mini AS Convention if members are willing to take the drive.
Wait, wait wait..

Wasn't that the reason (and the place) whereby most of the recent AS drama found its start? And wasn't there a Brit involved as well?

pcp, be careful over there! ^_^

Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009   #7
GoddessDivine

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

no there was very little (if any drama) in Edisto. We all got along pretty well. The drama occurred after the Edisto trip. Otherwise, Andrew would have much more to say about the trip since he was there along with myself, Jasmine, Jason, Matt (dreamsl0st), and DAvid.

I thought the Edisto trip was fun. There was no arguing or fighting at all. Then again the first night was just Jasmine, Jason and Andrew, but I think they got along that night too.
-Obi Wan

Old 07-24-2009   #8
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

..except for the part where there were glass shards all over the floor.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #9
EmperorChaos

That was the fault of the Brit and I thoroughly cleaned the place the next day so that I could reserve it again sometime and for free.
-=-=-=-
Old 07-25-2009   #10
EmperorChaos

That was the fault of the Brit and I thoroughly cleaned the place the next day so that I could reserve it again sometime and for free.
-=-=-=-
Old 07-25-2009   #11
GoddessDivine

You went to sleep early Andrew, lol. This time you had a bed and not a sleeping bag by the door though!
-Obi Wan

Old 07-25-2009   #12
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could go to one of these here conventions. But they all seem to take place in the south or inordinately far away and I am from the nort'. Oh well. It is still possible to glean vicarious enjoyment by reading and viewing things here, o' course.

Come to Wisconsin, pete! *Extends cheese offering obsequiously*

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #13
EmperorChaos

If you find what you've read of these events to be enjoyment, that is.
-=-=-=-
Old 07-25-2009   #14
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Well, some of it has been genuinely amusing; and not in a masochistic sense.

*Second thoughts*

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 07-25-2009   #15
EmperorChaos

That's better.
-=-=-=-
Old 07-25-2009   #16
Zanahoria_Picante

Your mom's face is "better."

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 07-25-2009   #17
EmperorChaos

Don't be talkin' 'bout my mama.
-=-=-=-
Old 07-25-2009   #18
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

Did I smelled cheese? *sniffs around*

Why is everyone so far away from me*?

*) Except the Brits maybe but still.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #19
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

There is a lot to do in Kissimmee .

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Bamcubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009   #20
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Originally Said by Christian
Did I smelled cheese? *sniffs around*

Why is everyone so far away from me*?

*) Except the Brits maybe but still.
Yes, sir, I believe you did! :D Oh dear... *Realizes the big ol' wedge o' cheddar has begun to melt all over; cries*

Quote:
Originally Said by Bamcubz View Post
There is a lot to do in Kissimmee .
You mean, other than say the town's name in cheeky ways? "Kissimmee softly"? No, it's great. It actually sounds like the name of a town here, as well. (I mean no offense by that "cheeky quip.")

What brings you to Florida, pete, if I may ask?

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;