Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Art & Photography

Art & Photography Right-brained and shutterbug hangout. Post and discuss art and photographs, self-created or otherwise. Also show off your digital graphics, wallpapers, or desktops.

Old 06-05-2009   #201
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian
Re: Christian's photography and stuff

Aww, thanks! Thank you so much! and thanks for the Rep! ^^

I had such a hard time with sorting those photos.. and I took more every few days; took me way over a moth this time.

Am working on a second update for the month of Mai. Will try to have it done before I fly to Denver! (yay!)

^_^
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009   #202
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

9th of May

I drove home to my parents again to surprise my mom for mothers day.
We had a little BBQ at the evening.

Fire! Hrhr hr..[/Beaves & Butt-head] (Yea, was a bit bored ^_^)

Last edited by Christian; 06-06-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-06-2009   #203
Christian
Super Moderator

10th of May

We drove to some village a bit away from the city my parents live.

(Monument back in the city on the next day where I drove home)

Last edited by Christian; 06-06-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-06-2009   #204
Christian
Super Moderator

26th of May

After a very long time with lots of sunny days without a single cloud in the sky, thunderstorms started to show up.

We got lots of thunderstorms the following days too..

28th of May

..a lovely sunset.

31st of May

Got several thunderstorms that day and a last one passed me right at sunset. The storm left just in time to fill the sky with a bright orange.

Last edited by Christian; 06-06-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-06-2009   #205
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

I most like the two above of clouds from the 28th of May. In one a cloud appears cradled by the trees below. In the second, a crescent moon looks like it is taunting clouds to come after it :.)

The middle top picture of clouds from the 26th of May is very nice too. I don't know what it is that appeals to me, but I particularly like that one.

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.

Last edited by my.dragons.lady; 06-06-2009 at 04:36 PM.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009   #206
Christian
Super Moderator

2nd of June:

I needed to do something in the center of Berlin and combined it with a little touristic tour through it..

'Three Seasons'; another version from my collage of the seasons.

AS:
coming trouble_med.JPGbunny_med.JPG
'Upcoming trouble' | Bunny! Free running and wild bunny in the middle of Berlin.

Last edited by Christian; 06-10-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-10-2009   #207
Christian
Super Moderator

7th of June

A little hike after some rain, out into the nature.

8th of June

Another sunset

9th of June

Experimented a bit ^^

Last update for the next weeks,
Denver I'm coming! ^^

Oh.. and thanks for all the nice comments and reputations I got.
Counted 32 Reputations for that thread so far, plus a few that disappeared due to merging. ^^

(got the most by ZP (18), followed by MDL (7) )
Old 07-12-2009   #208
Christian
Super Moderator

Its 2 weeks since I'm back from my second Denver trip and I finally started to sort the 3300 photos I took in my two weeks vacation.

13th - 17th of June

I was ill on the first 3 days in Denver, so I was laying in bed or on my sisters sofa most of the time. AT least I was able to make friends with a tiny Bunny this way, that chose Hamanas garden as its new home.

AS:
as_canada_med.JPG
Could Canada *brrr* ^^
Old 07-12-2009   #209
Christian
Super Moderator

Bunny Special!!
(13th - 17th of June)

"Sup?"

Old 07-12-2009   #210
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

awwww...cuteness overload!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009   #211
Christian
Super Moderator

Hehe, yea, he had been so adorable.. and a freaking cool guy as he allowed me to come so close after a while.

18th of June
Day 6

I felt way better and my illness was gone after I visited Anna-Marie last evening and so we went on our long planned hike to Castlewood Canyon State Park. YAY! Hiking with Anna-Marie! There is nothing better.. :D

In fact: that hike was planned for nearly a year and it turned out to become really exciting. To bad we had a time limit as Hamana and Weasel planned there housewarming later the day and we where supposed to be back in time.

I love Castlewood Canyon! ^_^

Last edited by Christian; 07-19-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-19-2009   #212
Christian
Super Moderator

We two hiked through the canyon and found ourself on top of it after a while. We wanted to get back down into the canyon after an unsuccessful search for rattlesnakes but didn't wanted to walk the same trail back. We decided to take a 'shortcut' down the canyon wall. We where sliding down on edges, where jumping from boulder to boulder and climbing over rock, trying to find a way down; it got a bit risky from time to time..

Hikes with are Anna-Marie always exciting ^_^

Everything went well on our 'way' down, we reached the waterfalls where we followed the creek last year but our time was already up and so we went back on a trail and headed to the parking lot where HockeyMom would pick us up again. We needed to hurry a bit so we wont suffer so much while Hamana would murder us for coming to late for there party, after we needed to promise to be in time.

The whole climbing went well without any scratches but I nearly broke my ankle while I was taking a single step on the trail. I twisted my foot and was forced into a 270 turn to not to fall and to break my ankle. A close one.. I felt the ankle for 2 more weeks from this point if I took a wrong step on other hikes.

We put our cameras into my backpack as we didn't wanted to risk them and so we didn't took much photos on our way down, unfortunately.

as_bird.JPG
What kind of bird was it again? I found that baby-bird on our way down through the boulders, close to the waterfalls. The bird must have watched me climbing and caught my attention as he was going back into his cave. I followed him and called Anna-Marie back. Glad I had my flashlight with me and so we followed him to take some photos.

Later the day, it got already night and the housewarming party was over, a big thunderstorm showed up and passed us in some distance. I took Weasels tripod and went out and tried to catch a few lightings while Anna-Marie unfortunately needed to leave.

Yay! Lightnings!
Old 07-19-2009   #213
GoddessDivine

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

the head on that bird makes it look like a vulture.

lovely photos, you have a talent for taking pictures. Ever thought of pursuing that as a profession?
-Obi Wan

Old 07-19-2009   #214
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

^ ^ It's a turkey vulture.

I loved this hike... it wasn't dangerous, just exciting.
Also of note: every time I've been to Castlewood this summer I've seen rattlesnakes except when with Christian.

Sad.

See? Adorable.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009   #215
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

I'd kill that snake for looking at me funny.

-=-=-

Lovely pictures Christian. I am a bit envious of your hike. I love, love, love exploring natural environments but I've never been anywhere near a canyon.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #216
GoddessDivine

foxy is that your own photo? Its absolutely lovely.
-Obi Wan

Old 07-20-2009   #217
foxyphoenix

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
I'd kill that snake for looking at me funny.
With a 1/60th of a second strike and baby venom-sacs unable to restrict their output, I think he would kill you first.

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
foxy is that your own photo? Its absolutely lovely.
It is. ^_^
I love these guys. He was just a lil'un, only about 8 inches long.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Old 07-20-2009   #218
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Anna-Marie, you obviously don't know how quick I am. 1/60th of a second is slow in comparison. I beat the Flash in a race and I was hopping on one foot. I can even speed up gravity's pull itself.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #219
Christian
Super Moderator

^ $10 on the snake :D

Anna-Marie, I think I have to review my cam settings every time I look at your photos. We have the same camera but the quality of yours seem to be that much better*.

*) Okay, I'm losing some quality with resizing and adding the water sign, but still.

A new update will be delayed since my PC is damaged and not working.
Old 07-21-2009   #220
foxyphoenix

^ That one was resized for DA, too, but I dont' add the watermark.

*shrugs*
I can send you all my settings, but I don't know. You have to work out what settings work best for you. =P

-
Carl Sagan

-
Charles Darwin

-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

Tags
christian, photography