Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 11-09-2004   #1
kiyoung80
Newbie Member

kiyoung80 is on a distinguished road
Scott Peterson case closed!

I'm sooo happy to hear this case is finally over!!! The only part I'm really waiting for is to hear the judge sentence Laci's husband from hell to life in jail. What does everyone think is going to happen?

My roommate is sick of it already, but since the judge is only giving two hours notice once the jury has a verdict, I've been spending a lot of time watching Court TV (they have the best coverage of the trial, in my opinion.) A talk radio station in my city, 770AM, also have been discussing the case quite frequently.

I just can't take another OJ walking the streets...

Kimberly
kiyoung80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004   #2
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: Scott Peterson case closed!

I think he's guilty as hell, but I don't know if the jury will see it that way. You can just tell by lookin' at the man he's guilty.

Just like OJ.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004   #3
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel

Closed? The jury hasn't even finished deliberating yet. Also signs are pointing to a possible hung jury. Frankly I don't think the prosecution had a very good case in terms of evidence linking him to the crime. As the defense said, they proved he was an asshole but that's about it. You have to invoke Occam's Razor here though, what's more likely: Peterson was having an affair and needed to take care of his problem wife or there was a vast conspiracy designed to frame him?

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004   #4
Weasel

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel

A minute after I post that:

BREAKING NEWS

Scott Peterson trial judge is to hold a hearing to discuss possible misconduct by a juror, CNN learns.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 11-09-2004   #5
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, he's guilty. However, you're right. The prosecution has no technical DNA evidence and didn't leave much of a case. It will still be a pity that a guilty man walks free....
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-09-2004   #6
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

My prediction - he'll get off.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004   #7
2kte4u
Old & Wise Member

2kte4u will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 2kte4u

I agree with you Madre. *sigh*

It's the only culture some people have left
2kte4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004   #8
kosherdutch
Trainee Member

kosherdutch is doing greatkosherdutch is doing great

i think the part that made him guilty was when he corrected himself when he was talking to barbra walters he said she was a... in stead of is.
kosherdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004   #9
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

He LOOKS guilty, but I just don't really see his motive. Child support? Bad rep for being a cheating husband?

Yea, I heard earlier they might have a mistrial, but I didn't hear why.
Old 11-09-2004   #10
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks

CNN:
Quote:
Hearing explores possible Peterson juror misconduct

The controversy stems from a report that one juror may have conducted research on his own in the case, a charge that could result in the juror's dismissal.
There was also an article about there could be a hung jury.

Far from over... But I hope that ass gets what he deserves.
Rock ur socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004   #11
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks

Update on last post...

Juror dismissed in Peterson trial
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/11/09/pe...ial/index.html
Rock ur socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #12
Weasel

Now they are dropping like flies:

BREAKING NEWS

The jury foreman deliberating in the Scott Peterson double murder case has been dismissed. Details soon.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 11-12-2004   #13
Weasel

BREAKING NEWS

The jury in the Scott Peterson double murder trial has reached a verdict, to be announced about 4 p.m. ET.

Any guesses? Guilty I hope, and if not I hope Scott pledges to find the "real killer".

Some people are speculating that the two people who were kicked off were contributing to the deadlock, and after they slipped and mentioned their "independent research" they got kicked off, leading the other side to a fast verdict.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 11-12-2004   #14
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Most think he's going to get off due to only circumstantial evidence, and it may be the case.

However, I hope he is found guilty.
Old 11-12-2004   #15
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not very hopeful he will be found guilty. I remember too well the O J case. I thought for sure he would be found guilty. I couldn't believe it when I heard the verdict. I expect the same thing will happen this time. Jurors are really dumb sometimes.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Old 11-12-2004   #16
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Well, he's guilty, good thing. Sometimes there is justice.
Old 11-12-2004   #17
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Yeah, kind of restores faith in the court system, you know?

I was surprised, but not too surprised. I'd thought they'd let him get off, but was happy when they didn't.
Old 11-13-2004   #18
fairy
Newbie Member

fairy should be rewarded

so what do you think he'll get, life in prison or the death penalty?
Old 11-13-2004   #19
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

My guess - life in prison. He should be thankful he doesn't live in Texas. They hang 'em high there.
Old 11-13-2004   #20
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

I agree with Madre, though I'm not 100% sure what they'll do...i thought they'd let him go, but it turns out they didn't. Expect the unexpected, I suppose.