Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 04-19-2011   #1
Brisa
The Missing Linx

Brisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divine
Send a message via MSN to Brisa Send a message via Skype™ to Brisa
wooo this place has gone down hill eh?

Came on, very few threads and all. It's just sad, this use to be a small community. I left yes, but no one needed to follow me . I joke, I joke. But literally where is everyone?
Did the site finally blink out after so many years, I hope not! :S
Brisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #2
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
Re: wooo this place has gone down hill eh?

We are around.

I know I sent you a message on Facebook about the IRC channel. People use that even less! :P
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

a few of us are still around. just think how many more would be around, if you assholes didn't ban everyone. nice going chumps.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #4
Dammmmn

1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's an easy choice for us, Arcadian! Spartans never retreat! Spartans never surrender! Go spread the word. Let every Greek assembled know the truth of this. Let each among them search his own soul. And while you're at it, search your own.
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #5
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

UNBAN EVERYONE.

I imagine now the ban list is incredibly huge what with all the spambots.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 04-20-2011   #6
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

It was better than ever around here! I don't know what you're talking about!

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011   #7
Blood Red
Bleed to the red

Blood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
a few of us are still around. just think how many more would be around, if you assholes didn't ban everyone. nice going chumps.
lmao, it just not worth it anymore, between the emo kids and the spambot.
i dont know witch one is worse
Old 04-21-2011   #8
UptheBeanStalk...
Jahh! Rastafarian!

UptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divine

When I joined up (I was recruited by the way), I could tell this place was amazing and yet by reading old posts and whatnot, it became apparent that some major SHIT went down...now this post. Its like some kind of AS forum history/legend of old haha. What happened here?
UptheBeanStalk... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011   #9
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Quote:
Originally Said by UptheBeanStalk... View Post
When I joined up (I was recruited by the way), I could tell this place was amazing and yet by reading old posts and whatnot, it became apparent that some major SHIT went down...now this post. Its like some kind of AS forum history/legend of old haha. What happened here?
what happened? i'll tell you what happened.

everyone here became a bitch, so when a new member joined up and started posting things in the forums, everyone went crying to the mods to have them banned. sure enough, the bitchass mods banned them and now it's just us who've actually stuck around. you can thank EC for being the fattest bitch around here. the rest of them are just babies.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011   #10
UptheBeanStalk...
Jahh! Rastafarian!

UptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divineUptheBeanStalk... is divine

Wow, thats some heavy stuff. I guess it IS like some old legend...(narrator voice)...And so it was that all the minions of AS were banished and shunned from the kingdom, never to return! Wow man, hope things get better, I mean it seems more or less chill now, nobody is trying to ban ME at least (P.S. thank you AS mods). Plus, you're still here so...errybody else can go to hell muhahaha...
UptheBeanStalk... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #11
EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
you can thank EC for being the fattest bitch around here.
Quote:
Wow, thats some heavy stuff.
I made a joke.
-=-=-=-
Old 04-22-2011   #12
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow, thats some heavy stuff. I guess it IS like some old legend...(narrator voice)...And so it was that all the minions of AS were banished and shunned from the kingdom, never to return! Wow man, hope things get better, I mean it seems more or less chill now, nobody is trying to ban ME at least (P.S. thank you AS mods). Plus, you're still here so...errybody else can go to hell muhahaha...
*Small sigh*

He exaggerates: You can't blame moderators for this quiet age of AS any more than you can blame those who "mutinied" against the mods, or the neutral folk who were smart enough to not get involved or care. Although, it seems safe to say that the whole ordeal certainly hasn't improved things. <:/

No one, not even the rain, is even banned anymore. (Save for bots.) And no one has been banned, I daresay, for more than a year--at least. (Save for bots.)

You seem like quite a lovely addition to AS, .... Even if you did start a flame war or something, no one would ban you. That has not been the way of AS since ages before ages past.... *Wizened eyes that now gaze into the deep dark histories of old, painted with the blood of men and orcs, and flan, and the cookie-tossing that the flan provoked, and Richard Simmon's hair, and this*

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #13
EmperorChaos

To be honest, if PD is referring to Clamps, she was banned because she ban evaded a ban-time of a short duration.

Also, Ashley is a giant bitch. With emphasis on giant.
-=-=-=-
Old 04-22-2011   #14
argentmoon
harajuku girl

argentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to argentmoon

hey now, which ashley do you mean? :/ i's an ashley too. :(

the spirit in me bows to the spirit in you

argentmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #15
EmperorChaos

ZP repped me for my self-deprecating fat joke. If you like self-deprecating fat jokes, I've got another from Dasein's quote page:

Sarah: This stack of pictures is fucking heavy
Jason: Yeah, thats because I'm in some of them

-=-=-

I say a lot of funny things. Or have funny things said about me.
-=-=-=-
Old 04-22-2011   #16
EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by argentmoon View Post
hey now, which ashley do you mean? :/ i's an ashley too. :(
Clamps=Ashley, a former friend of GD's.

Also, you're in no way a giant.
-=-=-=-
Old 04-22-2011   #17
argentmoon
harajuku girl

argentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
Clamps=Ashley, a former friend of GD's.

Also, you're in no way a giant.
you don't know that. i could be a huge, ferocious, beast of a person.

Old 04-22-2011   #18
EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by argentmoon View Post
you don't know that. i could be a huge, ferocious, beast of a person.
That would be so cool.

With fangs and everything, I hope.
-=-=-=-
Old 04-22-2011   #19
argentmoon
harajuku girl

but of course. XD what other kind of monsters are there?

Old 04-22-2011   #20
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

AS has been deader. It seemed really really bad like a year and a half ago. Since then it seems like people have started posting more, again. Registration is probably at an alltime low, but since we can't figure out what caused registration to peak so hard in the mid 2000's, it's hard to replicate that scenario.