Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 05-02-2010   #1
argentmoon
harajuku girl

argentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to argentmoon
Davidson County, TN in state of emergency

(CNN) -- Tennessee can expect two to three more inches of rain Sunday, a day after a heavy downpour triggered severe flooding and killed at least five people.
Two people were killed Saturday when their SUV was caught in flood waters in Dover, about 80 miles northwest of Nashville, an emergency management official said.
One more person was reported dead in Davidson County, a spokeswoman for the Nashville mayor's office said.
The other two deaths were in Williamson County and Carroll County, said Jeremy Heidt, spokesman for Tennessee Emergency Management.
"This is one of the most severe rain events Nashville has ever experienced," Nashville Mayor Karl Dean said in a statement.

The rest, here.

the spirit in me bows to the spirit in you

argentmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010   #2
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: Davidson County, TN in state of emergency

hope YOU are okay homegirl..

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #3
argentmoon
harajuku girl

argentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

i'm good, my family's safe. our house is on a hill, so we didn't get any flood damage, fortunately. but here's an update on the conditions.

snippet:

(CNN) -- Much of downtown Nashville remained under a blanket of murky water Monday after a massive system of rain and thunderstorms pounded much of Tennessee over the weekend.

The severe weather was blamed for at least 27 deaths -- 18 in Tennessee -- across the Southeast between Saturday and Monday, emergency officials said. Ten of those deaths occurred in Davidson County including Nashville, the Nashville mayor's office said.

Nashville residents said that despite forecasts of rain going into the weekend, they had little time to prepare for the floodwaters that crept into homes, washed away roads, prompted evacuations of hotels and displaced thousands of people.

"We all knew that there was going to be heavy rains this weekend, but Nashville normally gets about 5 inches of rain in the month of May and nobody could have predicted 15-16 inches of rain in 48 hours," resident John Rives said.

Old 05-04-2010   #4
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

how the hell do you die in a flood, dumbasses
Old 05-04-2010   #5
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

^ by:
*drowning,
*hypothermia,
*by being smashed against something,
*by getting squashed between something or
*by getting hit by something carried along with the raging stream.

Not to mention you eventual upcoming diseases or other aftermaths once the water is gone.

Did I forgot something?
Old 05-04-2010   #6
argentmoon
harajuku girl

^^ there was barely any warning. we knew rain was coming, and that it was going to be bad, but usually we get 5 inches, max. we got 13-15 inches in a day and a half, and the cumberland river goes right through nashville. so, people drowned trying to escape because of the current and depth of the water. water doesn't stand still in a flood unless it's basically over. also, there were tornadoes, which was responsible for some of the deaths.

edit: here's an article written by a nashvillian, that i thought was pretty powerful.

Last edited by argentmoon; 05-04-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-04-2010   #7
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

^ did/have they closed schools? I can't imagine letting a kid go to school with all of the roads overflowing.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #8
argentmoon
harajuku girl

yeah, a majority of the schools are still closed. my former high school was spared... though it can only be reached by boat. this is a mile and a half from my house.

Old 05-04-2010   #9
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Thank God for hills, huh?

I just saw a pic of the flooding around the Grand Ole Opry, I wonder how bad the damage inside it is.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-04-2010   #10
argentmoon
harajuku girl

i present to you... the grand ole opry.

clean-up will take months. the opryland hotel alone is closed for at least 6 months. and hundreds of people lost their homes. so, if you guys can, please donate here.

Old 05-04-2010   #11
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Oh, that makes my heart hurt. For the damage to that legacy...and, of course, those for that have lost their homes and/or lives.
Old 05-04-2010   #12
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

Quote:
Originally Said by Christian View Post
^ by:
*drowning,
*hypothermia,
*by being smashed against something,
*by getting squashed between something or
*by getting hit by something carried along with the raging stream.

Not to mention you eventual upcoming diseases or other aftermaths once the water is gone.

Did I forgot something?
Pussies, its water
Old 05-05-2010   #13
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

^ I take that as some sort of sarcasm and spare me further explaining.
Old 05-05-2010   #14
oceandream130
Future star of a Zach Braff film!

oceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my gosh - those images...I can't even imagine. :/ It's so strange to imagine how much devastation can be caused by the little H20 molecule - made even worse by the fact that you guys had no forewarning.... If I have some spare money around, I'll try to donate a little.
Old 05-06-2010   #15
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

water can move pretty fast dude. slam into you too. knock you out even. too much water can be scary. remember Jumanji? he says it, "a lot can kill you."

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010   #16
Psychosis
*Watch This Space*

Psychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond reputePsychosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by argentmoon View Post
i present to you... the grand ole opry.

clean-up will take months. the opryland hotel alone is closed for at least 6 months. and hundreds of people lost their homes. so, if you guys can, please donate here.
that pic makes me sad

Psychosis is offline   Reply With Quote