Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 11-09-2003   #1
PaperBag

PaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond repute
Almost Smart Chat

Well guys, Eric is kind of busy as of late, and I've been given the go ahead to try and get a chat going for us. I've setup an irc server for us to use..

server: irc.gamersunion.net
port: 6667
channel: #AS

Feel free to stop in, idle in the channel. We are trying to get a good sized chat group together to go along with the forums. If you aren't familiar with irc, just go to www.mirc.com and download mirc, and use the help on how to set it up. If you have any trouble, IM me on AIM : RyanisL33T , I'm usually free to help.
I look forward to seeing everyone in chat! :)

Last edited by 1337; 11-09-2003 at 03:10 PM. Reason: added port info :)
PaperBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003   #2
spadetje
pretty in life & pretty in death

spadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smartspadetje The Angel of Almost Smart
Send a message via ICQ to spadetje Send a message via AIM to spadetje Send a message via MSN to spadetje
Re: Almost Smart Chat

This is a great idea. I've been using mIRC for years and I can help people set irc up too if they need it.
I'll try it out!

.TranceAddicted.
.Hardcore.Hardstyle.Trance.
spadetje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003   #3
PaperBag

PaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond reputePaperBag has a reputation beyond repute

bump
Old 11-09-2003   #4
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel

I'm in there too

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003   #5
SpAz
God is a sock.

SpAz has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to SpAz Send a message via MSN to SpAz Send a message via Yahoo to SpAz

cool idea. ill start the radio chan.
SpAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003   #6
PaperBag

bump bump
Old 11-09-2003   #7
Weasel

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel

Quote:
Originally Said by 1337
bump bump
No need...it's stickyed isn't it?

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 11-09-2003   #8
PaperBag

just trying to get it noticed
Old 11-09-2003   #9
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

pretty cool idea ryan im gonna try this thing out
Old 11-09-2003   #10
PaperBag

Chat is fun, everyone should join and check it out
Old 11-10-2003   #11
SpAz
God is a sock.

Send a message via AIM to SpAz Send a message via MSN to SpAz Send a message via Yahoo to SpAz

ok now you are just making this sound like some 80's school house rock thing
Old 11-10-2003   #12
FainT
Newbie Member

FainT is on a distinguished road

I'm getting a few problems with it. I'm pretty well learned in IRC, just not this server and it's type. I keep getting an error when I try to join #as that goes something like this:
12•2•1• #AS No access

Dunno what this means, tried registering my nick to no avail.
FainT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003   #13
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

Quote:
Originally Said by SpAz
ok now you are just making this sound like some 80's school house rock thing
the school of rock rules conjuction junction whats your function aw that was the best
Old 11-10-2003   #14
PaperBag

Server should be fixed now, anymore problems please post here.
Old 11-10-2003   #15
SpAz
God is a sock.

Quote:
Originally Said by captainpooface69
the school of rock rules conjuction junction whats your function aw that was the best
lol i knew someone would say that
Old 11-12-2003   #16
kyle
Lawl ^^

yes spaz i defend school house rock its the best but now no ones talking in the chats guess ryan is just gonna shut it down
Old 11-12-2003   #17
PaperBag

yep, chat is closed for the time being, no one really liked the idea.
Old 11-13-2003   #18
Weasel

Perhaps if we can integrate it into the site via a java or php applet it will become more popular.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Old 11-13-2003   #19
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

yeah that's a great idea!!!!!!!

i think it was probably a bit of a hassle for some people who didn't have irc, or had never used it before.

DO IT, DO IT!!!!!!!

ooh this is post no. 1111, how cool is that?
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003   #20
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Quote:
Originally Said by Weasel
Perhaps if we can integrate it into the site via a java or php applet it will become more popular.
yeah weasel. i was actually thinking of that when i clicked on this thread. you'll definately have more peeps in chat. work on it.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote