Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 09-12-2003   #1
moocow44
Procrastination Street.

moocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to all
The Man In Black...RIP

So today at 3am EST, Johnny Cash died of complications of diabetes. He was 71 years of age. Personally, I think its a sad day because to me, he was one of the origional real "punk rockers" of country music so to speak...along w/ Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, & George Jones. He was a rebel. He had more songs about killing people & doing drugs than any rap star to date. Some of his popular songs were "A Boy Named Sue", "I Walk The Line", "Folsom Prison Blues", "Ring of Fire", & his recent cover of the Nine Inch Nails song "Hurt". Lets remember this legend today.

RIP Johnny Cash
1932-2003
moocow44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003   #2
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie
yea, now that I think it, cash is the original "punk rocker". I'm still upest that he didnt win the VMA when Justin timberlake did. And its really sad that hardly any of the music channels (except VH1) dont play "hurt", damn that song, sung by cash or reznor still makes me cry.

I'll miss ya cash, and tell my grandma that Tyne says hi.
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003   #3
moocow44
Procrastination Street.

moocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by twodents2D
yea, now that I think it, cash is the original "punk rocker". I'm still upest that he didnt win the VMA when Justin timberlake did. And its really sad that hardly any of the music channels (except VH1) dont play "hurt"
isnt it sad that they dont play the video. oh well, that's music for you today.
moocow44 is offline   Reply With Quote