Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Gamers Hangout

Gamers Hangout Forum for game addicts. PC or console.

Old 03-15-2010   #1
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth
Final Fantasy XIII

Who has and what are your thoughts, no spoilers please.

Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #2
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: Final Fantasy XIII

i got it. NO I DIDNT BUY IT. rented the day it came out. i've put in about 8 hours or so into the game.

So far it feels lame. run straight. fight the enemies. run straight some more, fight some more enemies.

i just defeated those shiva sisters, so i havent got to use them yet, but i havea feeling the game is going to continue to be, RUN STRAIGHT INTO THE ENEMY. NOW FIGHT.

graphics look sick though. Characters all have stupid names. I hate that bitch kid Hope. Dumbass Vanille keeps losing her british accent, then she slips out an australian accent, then she has no accent at all. Lightning is a badass though, i'm liking her because she doesn't give a fuck about you. she just wants to fight all the time

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #3
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god

I absolutely agree 100%. One thing that bugs me is that enemies just don't drop anything 75% of the time and it's impossible to ever find any gil. So far FFX was the best in the series and I'm having a hard time trying to redeem this game.

Old 03-24-2010   #4
pitcairnpete
Howdy Doodere

pitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond reputepitcairnpete has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pitcairnpete

Its the linear bullshit that got me to leave it to be honest boys.

pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #5
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by pitcairnpete View Post
Its the linear bullshit that got me to leave it to be honest boys.
yup. far too linear. what'st he pointof the map anyway? i bet there's one or two levels you willneed the map, but most of the time it's just running a straight line that happens to curve and go left or right sometimes.

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 04-02-2010   #6
Orgoth
Mod In Training

What was Square Enix thinking when they released this game? I had been waiting years for another game of FFX's caliber (11 doesn't count cause it's an MMORPG, and personally I hated 12 as well) but then we get this crap. It disappoints me and guess what, they're releasing FFXIV (another MMORPG) this winter. As far as games go, this isn't a game, it's a freaking movie! Out of all my play time I've accumulated I think 3/4 of it is cut scenes, might as well have skipped the whole game and released this to theaters.

Old 04-02-2010   #7
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

haha i know right. i was just thinking how lame it is. i mean i enjoy watching my brother play this game, but i gave up on it.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 04-04-2010   #8
Sharker
Old & Wise Member

Sharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to allSharker is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sharker Send a message via MSN to Sharker Send a message via Yahoo to Sharker

I gave up on FF. I think ff7 was the last great game they really made, i hated 8 and 9, and 10 was ok. I just think their gameplay kept getting worse every game they made.

Sharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010   #9
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

best FF there is, is FF Tactics.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 04-05-2010   #10
glubgluby
debater-gamer-rocker

glubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to allglubgluby is a name known to all

My friend got this the day it came out,
He literally played it for 17 hours nonstop. I know this because we monitored his Xbox live account.
The fact that he did this makes me want to try this game.
Old 04-05-2010   #11
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

try it, but you arent going to play it and starve yourself.

just imagine until they come out with Final Fantasy Online, that fool is gonna starve himself to death.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina