Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Art & Photography

Art & Photography Right-brained and shutterbug hangout. Post and discuss art and photographs, self-created or otherwise. Also show off your digital graphics, wallpapers, or desktops.

Old 09-15-2008   #1
sa'alyg
Bad Ass Jesus

sa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sa'alyg
Boo, Illustrations

I have more, but they haven't been scanned yet.

This is a copypaste from another forum, by the way:

Been drawing in my sketchbook a little bit lately.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/3...ions002or4.png
Disregard that thing at the top left. Kinsey decided to "help" me draw.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/3...ions013zn9.png
Yes.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2...ions014tx1.png
Snake. Fish. Slug. Lizard Man.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4...ions004oe5.png
At the bottom right you can see the first draft of my tattoo.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7...rationsbt9.png
The creature with the roots on the left is a reworking of the tattoo design.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9...ions015vg1.png
And here's the most recent draft I have. Still obviously unfinished and I haven't even begun deciding on colors or color effects yet.

I also made a Post-It stamp animation, but I'm not done converting the images and fixing them into an animated .gif, so that will have to wait. It's not that good, anyway, so I haven't devoted a lot of time or effort to it.

Click above to visit The Easytoon Place

Last edited by sa'alyg; 03-20-2009 at 06:34 PM.
sa'alyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #2
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Boo, Illustrations

The thingy here http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ions013zn9.png beneath the Ogrilla flag reminds me a Spore creature Chris made recently.

Some of the drawings remind me of totem figures. Fun pics!

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #3
Jabedin
Aladdin's brother

Jabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond repute

I like the fence

In your heart, pumping your blood
Jabedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #4
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

i had heard about your drawings and animation before i meet you. very nice, now post some of those animations
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #5
sa'alyg
Bad Ass Jesus

sa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I have another thread in this section devoted to them. Unfortunately, I don't have a functional graphics tablet, so I can't make any more at the moment. (I really don't want to go back to animating with the mouse. So tedious and frustrating.)

Here's the thread.

http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/sh...t=17939&page=2

And unfortunately, I hadn't gotten to animating that last idea before my tablet died. I was in the process of storyboarding it and getting my ideas all down so as to present them in the most aesthetic manner, but I guess I took too long with it, lol. :/

Old 09-15-2008   #6
GoddessDivine

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

wow those were great, you should get around to doing more and getting that tablet fixed
-Obi Wan

Old 03-20-2009   #7
sa'alyg
Bad Ass Jesus

Old 03-20-2009   #8
GoddessDivine

where the hell have you been? Welcome back!!!

also "damned waitress spilled coffee" lol
-Obi Wan

Old 03-20-2009   #9
redandwhitewizard
yea man!

redandwhitewizard has a reputation beyond reputeredandwhitewizard has a reputation beyond reputeredandwhitewizard has a reputation beyond reputeredandwhitewizard has a reputation beyond reputeredandwhitewizard has a reputation beyond reputeredandwhitewizard has a reputation beyond reputeredandwhitewizard has a reputation beyond reputeredandwhitewizard has a reputation beyond reputeredandwhitewizard has a reputation beyond reputeredandwhitewizard has a reputation beyond reputeredandwhitewizard has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to redandwhitewizard

nice!
Old 03-20-2009   #10
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

Damn, dude.. you draw the stuff I wish I'd see when on shrooms.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #11
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

you could do like book covers or something. the fantasy ones.
and yea, all the people who've met you irl think *yay brad ftw!!!*

so sit down and stay awile. ;-)
Old 03-21-2009   #12
sa'alyg
Bad Ass Jesus

You guys make me feel so welcome, so I think I'll come here more often. haha

I appreciate the comments and compliments. :)