Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Newbie Hangout

Newbie Hangout Your seemingly-mandatory "Hi! I'm a new member!" thread here.

Old 07-09-2007   #41
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Well, wet yourselves already.

Quote:
Originally Said by sa'alyg View Post
I am the Sa'alyg. You all know me and if you didn't know me before, you know me now. If there is any question to be answered, it is how you were so ignorant of my existence until this moment. When asked by your grandchildren whether you knew the Sa'alyg, you will now and forever have the ability to answer yes, and answer honestly.

For those who are still blinded by my presence and who comprehend nothing of what I said, I am an artist, an author, and most of all a thinker. I animate, draw, sculpt, write, roleplay, and meditate.
Quote:
I ridicule noobs who think they know everything and who think they are above experienced members when they first join a community, so I thought I'd have some fun and piss you all off. Fun's over, I'm afraid. :/

See you around!

I like this guy.

Although I may never know how to pronounce the name correctly.

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #42
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

We shall call him Soggy. And he shall be ours.

Demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #43
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Hahahhaa, that was funny.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #44
sa'alyg
Bad Ass Jesus

sa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sa'alyg

Quote:
Originally Said by Demento View Post
We shall call him Soggy. And he shall be ours.

It could have been worse.

Well, slap me with a butter stick and call me Soggy, why don'tcha!

[/Southernexpressionjokes]

http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/sh...281#post250281

Click above to visit The Easytoon Place
sa'alyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #45
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

It's official.

We dub thee "Soggy".

Welcome to Almost Smart!

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #46
sa'alyg
Bad Ass Jesus

sa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond repute

hahahahahahaha

Thank you. I'll find my place here, soon enough. Probably when I stop posting in this thread.

http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/sh...281#post250281

Old 07-10-2007   #47
EmperorChaos

EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Yeah, just get people to hate on me more and you'll be in the clear.

EmperorChaos - Taking heat for new members since 1936
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 07-10-2007   #48
sa'alyg
Bad Ass Jesus

Thanks for the title.

How do I read people's positions here? There are so many colors associated with people's names and I don't know who's admin or mod or whatever. :/

Old 07-10-2007   #49
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

Why would you want to know? So you can kiss their ass? lol

The colors on everyones names are self-chosen. In the store menu, you can spend points to get your name italicized, boldfaced, colored, etc.

Demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #50
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

there are no mods.
there's only one admin.

feel free to cuss them out on a regular basis. they deserve it. lol

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #51
EmperorChaos

Quote:
Thanks for the title.

How do I read people's positions here? There are so many colors associated with people's names and I don't know who's admin or mod or whatever. :/
http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/showgroups.php

Though, like psychoDiablo said, there isn't much moderation here. The site doesn't really need it. And when it does, Weasel seems to step in appropriately.
-=-=-=-
Old 07-11-2007   #52
sa'alyg
Bad Ass Jesus

Quote:
Originally Said by Demento View Post
Why would you want to know? So you can kiss their ass? lol

The colors on everyones names are self-chosen. In the store menu, you can spend points to get your name italicized, boldfaced, colored, etc.
Why not?

Thanks for the information, by the way. I've been wondering what these points were used for besides the 1 pt arcade games...

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo
there are no mods.
there's only one admin.

feel free to cuss them out on a regular basis. they deserve it. lol
One admin and a bunch of super moderators. I don't want to, honestly, but I'd be glad to watch you do so.

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos
Though, like psychoDiablo said, there isn't much moderation here. The site doesn't really need it. And when it does, Weasel seems to step in appropriately.
It is a mature forum with far fewer posts than I'm accustomed to seeing. I see how it wouldn't require much moderation now.

Thanks for the help, everyone. I'm glad that's cleared up. I was beginning to think everyone but me had power...

Old 07-11-2007   #53
EmperorChaos

Quote:
It is a mature forum with far fewer posts than I'm accustomed to seeing. I see how it wouldn't require much moderation now.

Thanks for the help, everyone. I'm glad that's cleared up. I was beginning to think everyone but me had power...
It's not as mature as it could be. More moderation might make it into a more active forum. But that is up for Weasel to decide.

At any rate, you might want to look into your signature. HTML doesn't work here so your <a href> tag is useless.
Try using the BBcode [url]Enter the url here[/url].
-=-=-=-
Old 07-11-2007   #54
Rhylin
dulce ex animo

Rhylin is a splendid one to beholdRhylin is a splendid one to beholdRhylin is a splendid one to beholdRhylin is a splendid one to beholdRhylin is a splendid one to beholdRhylin is a splendid one to beholdRhylin is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to Rhylin

I kind of like the fact that AS is a fairly quiet site. That's one of the major reasons I was attracted to it in the first place. It feels more personal this way.

Like a deranged, angry online family. ^.^
Old 07-11-2007   #55
EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by Rhylin View Post
I kind of like the fact that AS is a fairly quiet site. That's one of the major reasons I was attracted to it in the first place. It feels more personal this way.

Like a deranged, angry online family. ^.^
Yes, but as far as it goes, many "family" members are now dearly departed and few ever return. And new ones rarely make it through the initial "hazing" it seems the old members require for sacrifice.

I've offered my services to moderate the forum. I know the implications of that will usher in a backlash from the many here who hate me but I would be a fair moderator. I probably wouldn't ban anyone considering I want an active forum here and that's just silliness.
-=-=-=-
Old 07-11-2007   #56
Rhylin
dulce ex animo

Rhylin is a splendid one to beholdRhylin is a splendid one to beholdRhylin is a splendid one to beholdRhylin is a splendid one to beholdRhylin is a splendid one to beholdRhylin is a splendid one to beholdRhylin is a splendid one to behold

I think you'd be a wonderful moderator. Really you're one of the more leveled and mellow members, and maybe it's because I'm new, but I can't understand this "hatred" thing you say everyone has for you.

Really it seems like most of the trouble seems to come from the same few people, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a difficult job. My only real concern would be about duplicate accounts, because as I've previously mentioned, I've seen clear signs of that already.
Old 07-11-2007   #57
sa'alyg
Bad Ass Jesus

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
It's not as mature as it could be. More moderation might make it into a more active forum. But that is up for Weasel to decide.

At any rate, you might want to look into your signature. HTML doesn't work here so your <a href> tag is useless.
Try using the BBcode [url]Enter the url here[/url].
I see "inappropriate" posts and insults galore, but it's a welcome relief from the noobs and youngsters of the other forums I frequent. When the most English proficient members tell the others to learn proper grammer, you know you have to get away for a while.

All in all, the behaviour here may be less than adult, but most here have the ability to type a post without a spelling error and I like that. ^_^

As for my signature, I have no idea how that happened. I did use BBcode and I made sure the tags worked before I saved the changes. I think someone tampered with my signature or something. I never used HTML.

Yeah, that's the sense I picked up from the start, Rhylin. Very homely and comfortable when you look beyond the insults.

That's sad, Chaos. I hate it when old members give up. Becoming one of them just isn't as fun.

Old 07-11-2007   #58
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Quote:
Originally Said by Rhylin View Post
I think you'd be a wonderful moderator. Really you're one of the more leveled and mellow members, and maybe it's because I'm new, but I can't understand this "hatred" thing you say everyone has for you.

Really it seems like most of the trouble seems to come from the same few people, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a difficult job. My only real concern would be about duplicate accounts, because as I've previously mentioned, I've seen clear signs of that already.
He likes to talk about himself like that. It puts him in the limelight.

i'd be just as graceful a moderator as him. chances are he'd ban me because I'd make fun of him, like dum Narnar. but then this place would be boring as it almost is. *sigh*

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #59
Rhylin
dulce ex animo

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
He likes to talk about himself like that. It puts him in the limelight.

i'd be just as graceful a moderator as him. chances are he'd ban me because I'd make fun of him, like dum Narnar. but then this place would be boring as it almost is. *sigh*
You'd be an excellent mod, as well. And no, he wouldn't ban you for minor sarcastic remarks. I'm sure you two have had a bit of a disagreement in the past, but it wouldn't effect the fairness and justice of the mod privileges.
Old 07-11-2007   #60
EmperorChaos

Precisely, unlike Fox News, I actually am Fair and Balanced.

I don't know how many times I have to say it, but I'd be here mainly in support of new members. I don't know how many have stayed as opposed to how many have come and gone. PD, if you really wanted an active forum that isn't boring, you'd wait until new people felt comfortable here before ragging on them. Of all the people I've invited to this forum, only Casandra has stuck around.
-=-=-=-